Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airedale1

Skate Sharpening in New Hampshire

Just getting back on the ice after many, many years off. I have always been paranoid about letting just anybody sharpen mine. Many years ago I used to live in Boston and there was a shop in Revere, MA (Sarcia's) and he was the best

So, who in NH do you trust with yours?

Just getting back on the ice after many, many years off. I have always been paranoid about letting just anybody sharpen mine. Many years ago I used to live in Boston and there was a shop in Revere, MA (Sarcia's) and he was the best

no icing sports has a great reputation. He's on these boards too

no icing sports has a great reputation. He's on these boards too

Thank you very much. They appear to be precisely what I'm looking for. The only issue is that they they are 65 miles from me. Don't get me wrong I would gladly make that round trip to have my skates sharpened by people that actually know what they are doing. That being said, do you know if it is possible (they seem extremely busy) to have them sharpened there while you wait, as I would not want to have to make two trips for one sharpening?

TSR

Thank you very much. They appear to be precisely what I'm looking for. The only issue is that they they are 65 miles from me. Don't get me wrong I would gladly make that round trip to have my skates sharpened by people that actually know what they are doing. That being said, do you know if it is possible (they seem extremely busy) to have them sharpened there while you wait, as I would not want to have to make two trips for one sharpening?

You can do them by mail with no-icing.

Or, just stop by - yes, they're busy, but they'll do your steel while you wait. Plus that way you get to chat with Anita - and she's really nice. Bob is simply excellent when it comes to all things sharpening.

Skaters edge in Manchester, no-one has ever sharpened my skates like he did, it's very different from my usual, I wouldn't say it's better or worst but it definitely felt awesome right away. I wanted to go back there to ask them about it, but didn't have time.

I found their sharpening to be very specific to the ice quality you found in the rinks nearby (I didn't request for any specific profile or hollow).

I'm not from that area at all, and when I went back home (the ice is softer I guess) I couldn't skate at all.

No question though, they definitely know what they are doing. Highly recommended !

Plus the 2 folks holding the place are really nice.