Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor13478

NBA Finals

I hardly ever watch basketball, but is that standard for an NBA championship celebration? Dirk walks off the court, a few guys stay and shake hands? That seem so anticlimactic to anybody else? The best part of this celebration seems to be the championship snapbacks. Just one more reason hockey is the greatest sport on earth. I'm seeing barely any emotion on any of these players.

Not to mention it has the best trophy in all of sports. Everyone who won it has there name engraved on it permanently, all other sports as far as I know get their trophy and a new one is made for the next champion. In hockey winners are remembered forever by being etched into the cup.

He looked pretty excited on the court before he left. Maybe he wanted to get to the locker room for the championship shirt and hat, before interviews on the court.

All hell can break loose on the court, especially when you're on the road. It's not like hockey where the fans are behind the glass and can't really get on the ice. Then again, there are 200 other people on the ice now when the cup is awarded now and it gets crowded fast.

Back on topic:

Kudos to Cuban for passing on the right to be awarded the trophy. Nowitzki was channeling the spirit of Larry Bird over the course of the series too.

All hell can break loose on the court, especially when you're on the road. It's not like hockey where the fans are behind the glass and can't really get on the ice. Then again, there are 200 other people on the ice now when the cup is awarded now and it gets crowded fast.

Back on topic:

Kudos to Cuban for passing on the right to be awarded the trophy. Nowitzki was channeling the spirit of Larry Bird over the course of the series too.

Great series. I think the game 3 fiasco really tore Miami to pieces. Terry and Nowitzki were incredible.

Great series. I think the game 3 fiasco really tore Miami to pieces. Terry and Nowitzki were incredible.

I don't recall ever seeing someone as locked in as Terry was in this game. It seemed like every shot he took was in perfect rhythm and hit nothing but net.

just glad Miami did not win. Also, good for dirk because he deserved to win it. He finally acquired the one thing that has eluded him in his most likely halhall of fame career.

Back on topic:

I thought that was very classy. Nice to see him send the attention to his players instead of himself.

just glad Miami did not win. Also, good for dirk because he deserved to win it. He finally acquired the one thing that has eluded him in his most likely halhall of fame career.

Don't for get about Jason Kidd and his HOF career as well, first ever ring.

On one hand I wanted Dirk and Kidd to get their championship, but I also wanted to see the start of what could be a long series of championships for Miami

On one hand I wanted Dirk and Kidd to get their championship, but I also wanted to see the start of what could be a long series of championships for Miami

Given how totally classless they have been in Miami, I hope they never win a championship.

That was a strange, subdued 'celebration' for the Mavs. Maybe because they were on the road...but trhere seemed to be very littel excitment among the team. It picked up a bit once the hats nad shirts came out....and everyone had pics with teh trophy...but it was missing that "gear-thrown-everywhere-jumping-up-and-down-like-kids" thing that makes the SCF such a cool moment. And, it's not like team usually play it cool. I recall Bulls/Lakers players jumping up on teh scorers table...and going pretty crazy. Champagne in the room and everything else.

It was just a weird scene last night.

I agree with Chadd, I hope Miami never wins a championship due to the fact that it would set a bad example for big name players colluding and basically trying to buy championships. Also I hope lebron just never wins a championship as well.

Dirk has been waiting for this ring for 13 years. Kidd, 17 years. You'd think they'd be overcome with emotion.

LeBron checked out in the fourth quarter again. NO sense of urgency whatsoever. He has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as MJ, IMO.

I thought Bosh played well in GM 6, he played with heart.

Kudos to the Mavs, it's great to see Dirk win it all after 13 years of busting his tail, staying loyal to Dallas, playing through the flu this series, etc. Great post season run by a team who was expected to be a first-round bust again this year by many.

He has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as MJ, IMO.

+1. Not sure who started the correlation between the two... James himself? Haha.

Given how totally classless they have been in Miami, I hope they never win a championship.

Best line that I heard on a sports radio update about the finals.......

"Dallas won their first NBA championship after Lebron James had not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, six turnovers..........."

+1. Not sure who started the correlation between the two... James himself? Haha.

Innumerable media types looking for ratings.

I'm glad for Kidd and Dirk. I'm also glad to see Miami not win, after James's TV special announcing his decision to go to Miami, and the media circus Miami put on following the signing of Bosh and James, as though a string of championships was already in the bank. I found the early celebration there insulting to the rest of the teams in the league.

Scottie Pipen before the Finals started.

LeBron looked the same after losing the finals as losing a regular season game. Unbelievable IMO. I get different guys deal with losing differently, but it looked like he was glad the season was over and can finally go party with the Jersey Shore boys the whole summer.

I read that Dirk left the court immediately following the win to let his emotions go (i.e. cry) in private and get himself together before going out on the court for the trophy presentation.

I read that Dirk left the court immediately following the win to let his emotions go (i.e. cry) in private and get himself together before going out on the court for the trophy presentation.

ESPN reported the same thing.

What LeBron had to say after the game.

“All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Ouch.....