Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

telgip33

Team Full - Players Needed for Calgary Beer League Team

Hello all,

I run a beer league team called the Warthogs here in Calgary and I'm looking for a few more skaters to fill out the team (already got the goalie). It’s a small 12 team league (www.cnchl.ca) and the games are all at the same arena so that's nice. The team is kind of like the "Bad News Bears" of the Beer League hockey world, so if you are looking to win every night (or even a couple times a season) this might not be the team for you. However if you are interested in having some fun while getting a good skate and maybe enjoying a beverage in the bar upstairs after the game, then this is the team for you.

Some info on the league:

- All games are at the West Hillhurst Arena (1940 6th Ave. NW) in the Calgary Non-Contact Hockey League (CNCHL)

- Games are 1-1/4 hours long (3 stop time periods of 15 minutes, but last period can get cut short if the game is running long), non-contact (slap shots allowed), you must have full gear. The games have 2 ref's and a score keeper.

- Games are on one night a weekend, either Friday night (8:45pm, 10:15pm, or 11:45pm) or Saturday night (8:15pm, 9:45pm, or 11:15pm).

- The season is 27 games long including playoffs (with 2 weeks off over Christmas). The season starts the weekend of Sept. 16th & 17th 2011, and wraps up the weekend of Mar. 30th & 31st 2012 (awards and league party follow the finals the last night in the bar above the rink).

- The cost will be $570 for the season, which includes 2 team jerseys you keep.

If you are interested or have more questions please send me a PM.

Cheers,

Carl

Man, I wish I lived in Calgary this sounds like a great league!

Well if you ever move out this way let me know, and you will have a place to play!

Bueller.....Bueller.....anyone.....anyone......

Still a few spots open if anyone is interested, or knows someone might be.

Thanks

Carl

Friday bump.

Still have 3 spots left if anyone is interested.

Its a team that plays for fun and we aren't that good so would team if you are just getting to hockey, or getting back into hockey.

Or if you know a friend that's looking to play on fun team that's not to competitive.

Hoping to fill the spots ASAP as we start skating next week.

Thanks for looking.

Carl