Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpathway

KHL Lokomotiv plane crash; several ex-NHLers dead

While there is some speculation in this article, it is in line with what most of the official reports are saying. If these reports are true, pilot error will be the primary cause for the crash along with several other contributing factors. It will be interesting to see if the pilots were being pushed by the team or the charter company or if they made the bad decisions on their own.

According to a veteran air traffic controller at the facility, the plane appeared unable to gain its required takeoff speed on the runway and travelled several metres into the grass beyond before getting airborne, Russia’s LifeNews.ru reported.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1050242--plane-crash-claims-khl-club-the-team-is-gone

Please keep the discussion reasonable and not make wild accusations, I don't want to have to lock and clean this topic again.

It always takes me an effort to get past "doomed", "slammed", etc.; don't know why I'm not used to it by now.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out. I wonder how recently those charter pilots practiced takeoff aborts.

I wonder how recently those charter pilots practiced takeoff aborts.

Most airline pilots don't practice them either.

Most airline pilots don't practice them either.

Or V1 cuts? I thought it would be part of the sim recurrency. I think I'll ask around about that, and see what my friends do.

Or V1 cuts? I thought it would be part of the sim recurrency. I think I'll ask around about that, and see what my friends do.

Most of my guys say, V1 and we're going flying. We'll figure out the problems in the air. Our AQP-based program is geared a little differently than some others, but you will be seeing most airlines going to an AQP style program very soon. The requirements are going to be changing and it will be easier to run AQP than a basic recurrency program.

Basic airmanship tells you that you don't run to the end of the runway without lifting off. I just can't imagine that the guy did it willingly, it's bordering on suicidal.

Most of my guys say, V1 and we're going flying. We'll figure out the problems in the air. Our AQP-based program is geared a little differently than some others, but you will be seeing most airlines going to an AQP style program very soon. The requirements are going to be changing and it will be easier to run AQP than a basic recurrency program.

I thought that's what V2 was for, but this isn't my area.

Basic airmanship tells you that you don't run to the end of the runway without lifting off. I just can't imagine that the guy did it willingly, it's bordering on suicidal.

I find that hard to believe, too; it makes me think that there has to be more to the story.

salaries not paid by some KHL teams.

Like any company paying its employees multi-million dollar contracts, cash flow isn't always going to be perfect; for example Portsmouth in the English Premier League (the 'biggest' sporting league on the planet) were guilty of the same thing not so long ago. Generally playing in Russia for either Football (Soccer) or Hockey is going to mean getting a very good deal seeing as you legally don't have to pay any tax and if your boss owns a few oil fields you're probably going to get paid on time.

Artem Anisimov was a very very close friend with Alex Vasyunov. Alot of us knew Alexander as well. The guy had a heart of gold! Gut-wrenching how he is gone! How all of them are gone...

Galimov is stable, in medically induced coma. http://rt.com/news/crash-galimov-medical-yaroslavl-189/

the next few weeks are crucial for Galimov. with burn injuries it's not the initial injury that kills you, it's the infection you get a few weeks later.

I hope he pulls through but I wouldn't want to be the person who tells him what happened after he comes out of the coma.

article on sportsnet about tjarnqvist who chose sweden over lokomotiv this season

the part at the bottom, one of the players moms died of a heart attack when she found out. I was fine while reading the article but the part at the bottom was very sad.

I really hope the surviving player makes it through my well wishes and hopes are with him. Same with the surviving crew member.

Galimov now is in need of trachea transplant, which appears to be an extremely difficult operation. We all are praying for his survival and full recovery.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAI8YPm_tYXA&v=AI8YPm_tYXA&gl=US

tribute for the team...very touching. Players suited up and put pucks in net for each member of lokomotiv

Link wasn't working, but here's the Yahoo article on it, with both a brief video as well as the full video.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Dynamo-Minsk-8217-s-hockey-funeral-for-L?urn=nhl-wp12157

there are more and more subtle details trickling in that played a role in the tragic event. it was told that the season opener for Lokomotiv was supposed to be at home but because of the coincidental political forum that was held in Yaroslavl, it was decided to have the game place reversed... I just can't shake this off... I can't...

article on sportsnet about tjarnqvist who chose sweden over lokomotiv this season

He's a very lucky man, It's events like that which make you realise how lucky you are sometimes. Another chapter in an unfortunate off-season. RIP.

Galimov now is in need of trachea transplant, which appears to be an extremely difficult operation. We all are praying for his survival and full recovery.

Galimov has now died from his injuries.

Galimov has now died from his injuries.

My link

Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press is now tweeting that Lokomotiv will take a year to re-build after meeting with Russian president and "others".