Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2011-2012 Suspension thread

The Wiz suspended for the rest of the preseason and for 8 reg. season games for that cheapshot on Clutterbuck. Staubitz got 3 for the boarding call that happened earlier in the game as well.

I'm def interested to see how fast the players learn that they will get a good amount of games if they do something reckless or stupid now.

The Wiz suspended for the rest of the preseason and for 8 reg. season games for that cheapshot on Clutterbuck. Staubitz got 3 for the boarding call that happened earlier in the game as well.

I'm def interested to see how fast the players learn that they will get a good amount of games if they do something reckless or stupid now.

The are going to learn pretty fast or else they won't be playing much.

WTF is wrong in this league right now!!!! At this rate somebody is going to be left with serious brain damage, paralyzed or killed with these dangerous hits.

Neil looks like he is trying to hit the other Leafs player and grabovski runs into him. Maybe thats just me.

It's just you (and maybe some other Leaf fans). Just as Grabovski get there, Neil brings his shoulder right up for a blindside head shot on an unsuspecting player.

It's just you (and maybe some other Leaf fans). Just as Grabovski get there, Neil brings his shoulder right up for a blindside head shot on an unsuspecting player.

I agree with your assessment but it could be argued that he was trying to turn towards the puck carrier and braced himself to be run into by Grabovski. Neil was just cruising and Grabo had a head of steam going.

Um... i'm not a leafs fan. But thanks for assuming.

Perhaps he doesn't bring up his shoulder to hit Grabovski, perhaps he is getting ready to stand his ground for an imminent hit. Why do you always assume every headshot is intentional? If Grabovski hadn't skated directly into Neil without looking perhaps he wouldn't have hit his head.

Why do you always assume every headshot is intentional? If Grabovski hadn't skated directly into Neil without looking perhaps he wouldn't have hit his head.

Intent isn't a factor anymore. Any headshot is now illegal.

Intent isn't a factor anymore. Any headshot is now illegal.

This is so totally true just wish they would call it all the way down.......so many guys and girls take liberty's. I would still like to see another couple views of the hit ice level close up would be nice....the replay in the video above is not conclusive.

Um... i'm not a leafs fan. But thanks for assuming.

Perhaps he doesn't bring up his shoulder to hit Grabovski, perhaps he is getting ready to stand his ground for an imminent hit. Why do you always assume every headshot is intentional? If Grabovski hadn't skated directly into Neil without looking perhaps he wouldn't have hit his head.

You do see Neil veer toward Grabovsky just prior to the contact. It looks to me like he took a page out of Ference's book and helped the "incidental contact" along a little bit.

I'm sure he would. I find there is alot of hypocrisy regarding Stevens. The guy intentionally went high all the time and if youtube comments and other message board discussions are anything to go by he gets a free pass and endless excuses. Ask yourself this: if that was Matt Cooke laying on those hits would people be calling for suspensions? You betcha. How long a suspension would Messier have gotten for that cheap hit on Modano?

I'm glad the culture of the game is being forcibly changed. For me none of that stuff ever had any place. Just my opinion.

Don't get me started on Stevens, this topic will go downhill quickly.

As for the smith on smith violence, minimum of five games would be my preference. I think it will be 3 to 5 games.

Shanny loses credibility for allowing Neil to walk on his hit and only two regular season games for Susteino's running start and launching the guy into the boards. If people know your name and you haven't been a habitual offender, nothing is going to change.

I think your right it will be 3 to 5 for sure on Smith to Smith........all the Neil hit I didnt see 100% intent to hit the head imo. Looked more like hes was going to but so hard to tell on that video is there any better video on that hit?

ok found one.....although maybe a talking to it doesnt look as if it was a head hunt shoulders and arms down he did veer towards him so not sure how you call that but his feet were planted and not in a forward motion....tough call

As for the smith on smith violence, minimum of five games would be my preference. I think it will be 3 to 5 games.

Shanny loses credibility for allowing Neil to walk on his hit and only two regular season games for Susteino's running start and launching the guy into the boards. If people know your name and you haven't been a habitual offender, nothing is going to change.

I'm glad Shanahan didn't suspend Neil. Chippa you're right after reviewing the video he did move slightly to the right, making him responsible to some extent. But the fact of the matter is that if Grabovki(sky) hadn't skated directly into Neil's ice, he wouldn't have been flattened.

Chadd will you ever been satisfied with the suspensions? You have to draw the line somewhere!

Sestito suspension is just like Boyes' suspension. But IMHO Sestito's play was worse. He has only played 13 NHL games Shanny, i'd hope he hadn't been suspended before.

I think your right it will be 3 to 5 for sure on Smith to Smith........all the Neil hit I didnt see 100% intent to hit the head imo. Looked more like hes was going to but so hard to tell on that video is there any better video on that hit?

ok found one.....although maybe a talking to it doesnt look as if it was a head hunt shoulders and arms down he did veer towards him so not sure how you call that but his feet were planted and not in a forward motion....tough call

Wow thats 1 collison and none of those guys had the puck. Haha.

I'm somewhat okay with the Neil hit. Suspending Neil for that hit would be a little overzealous, IMO. However, the Smith on Smith hit to me is a player in a bad position defensively (Brendan Smith), about to get burned by a player with speed (Ben Smith), and taking a bad angle on that opponent. At least 3 games if I were in Shanny's shoes.