Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zetterberg Warrior Pattern

Now that the Widow comes in a 75 flex, I'm thinkin about picking up a Zettetberg. Can anyone comment on how similar it is to the Savard/Cammo, or the differences?

Wow, some sites list it as Zetterberg's pro pattern. Didn't think he used an 88. Thanks for the feedback, saved me 230 bucks!

I'm pretty certain that the Zetterberg Pro Pattern on the custom sticks is not the same as the retail Zetterberg. The Zetterberg Pro is, in my opinion, somewhat similar to the Drury/Kovalev/P91a curve, but with a lower lie.

I'm pretty certain that the Zetterberg Pro Pattern on the custom sticks is not the same as the retail Zetterberg. The Zetterberg Pro is, in my opinion, somewhat similar to the Drury/Kovalev/P91a curve, but with a lower lie.

Yeah, I've seen the Widow's in stores with the W88 Zetterberg pattern. It's definitely the retail P88 clone. The Zetterberg Pro is only on the customizer.

Why do they do this?? Just go with a number instead of a player name if what the player really uses has nothing to do with the retail version.

Why do they do this?? Just go with a number instead of a player name if what the player really uses has nothing to do with the retail version.

Um, marketing. Or did you think P88 had nothing to do with Lindros?

I think what he was getting at was how Warrior doesn't do what bauer or easton or reebok does, and put P88 Kane or P87A Crosby or something on their sticks. A W88 Zetterberg would be quite helpful instead of just Zetterberg.

It is a Bauer P88 clone. My observation when comparing patterns in a shop was that the Warrior W88 has slightly less rocker than the P88. Maybe that's how it appeared because the W88 was listed as a Lie 4.

It is a Bauer P88 clone. My observation when comparing patterns in a shop was that the Warrior W88 has slightly less rocker than the P88. Maybe that's how it appeared because the W88 was listed as a Lie 4.

That would help me a lot, great curve, love it, but need a lower lie.

the w88 is the exact same curve as the p88, lie rocker and everything. there is almost no discernable difference.

if you wanted to be ultra picky, i would say the w88 has slightly more heel than the p888, ever so slightly.

I think what he was getting at was how Warrior doesn't do what bauer or easton or reebok does, and put P88 Kane or P87A Crosby or something on their sticks. A W88 Zetterberg would be quite helpful instead of just Zetterberg.

All sticks have a "W" with number designation on the pattern info bar at the top end of the stick. This way, even when the name changes (ex. W03 Draper to W03 Kopitar), the "W" will always be the same.

Names on sticks has and will always be a good marketing tool for companies since it helps showcase the players we have in our player's club.

I went from a p92 and Kopitar Warrior to the Zetterberg and really like it. You lose a touch of toe dragging but gain the backhand. I love it.