Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Easton Hockey Catalogue

I've been searching all morining and cant find out the equivalent to the Easton S19. Is it the RS? I seen a smaller table above comparing the Mako to the EQ50 or SE16, can anyone provide a full table of what new name replaces the old names. THanks in Advance

RS is the new top end stick in the stealth line, replacing the S19.

The SyNergy line is no more. However, the Mako is replacing the EQ50, which replaced the SE16.

I'm unsure if the Mako M5 is replacing the ST or if they just cut that line out. Someone else will have to comment on that one.

Just curious with the up coming release date of the Mako, you do not seen many pros using the stick? or are they and they are repainted to look like an RS?

The going rumour is the Mako is an updated version of the super popular SE16. When it comes to the NHL and other top pro ranks, their sticks could be anything under the paint. I would guess, there will be a cross section of NHL guys that will love the Mako as is and there will be a bunch that will not want anything to do with the white paint and will opt for a different paint job.

BTW, I got to check out the Mako and M5 at my LHS. I wish I could have left with one. The white scheme is growing on me.

My understanding is that the Mako is based on the SL. One problem with the SL was durability. Easton has developed a new construction method that maintains the balance, feel and flex profile from the Super Light, but improves on overall weight and durability.

What I was told from my rep:

Mako - SE16-Elite

Mako M5 - ST 2008

Blades -

Mako = SE16

M5 = ST 2010

RS = S19

Shafts -

Mako = SE16

M5 = ST 2010

The blade texture is different on the Mako, but for all intensive purposes it felt like an SE16.

My understanding is that the Mako is based on the SL. One problem with the SL was durability. Easton has developed a new construction method that maintains the balance, feel and flex profile from the Super Light, but improves on overall weight and durability.

I was told the Mako is based off the SE16. IIRC, the Synergy SL (with the red or blue shaft bottom) came prior to the Synergy SE. Next came the SE16. So I think we can safely say the Mako was born in some part from the now defunct Synergy SL/SE/SE16 family. After playing around with a Mako in the stock room of my LHS, I found the stick to be super light, well balanced and had good feel in the blade. My encounter lasted only a couple minutes but I was quite impressed. I now find myself attracted to the whole white stick trend which is quite a departure from my normal tastes in stick graphics/colors.

I was told the Mako is based off the SE16. IIRC, the Synergy SL (with the red or blue shaft bottom) came prior to the Synergy SE. Next came the SE16. So I think we can safely say the Mako was born in some part from the now defunct Synergy SL/SE/SE16 family. After playing around with a Mako in the stock room of my LHS, I found the stick to be super light, well balanced and had good feel in the blade. My encounter lasted only a couple minutes but I was quite impressed. I now find myself attracted to the whole white stick trend which is quite a departure from my normal tastes in stick graphics/colors.

I suppose they're "in the family" to some degree....our local rep said it's closer to an SL than a SE16. Perhaps due to the lack of FWT? It's definitely light and well balanced, I didn't get to use it so I can't comment on the puck feel.

For what it's worth, the weight (from Ice Warehouse) of the Mako is closest to the SE16. Both are around 460-470 grams. The SL, if I remember correctly, was at least 30 grams lighter.

Does the Mako use any kind of focus weight balancing system? If not, how do they achieve good balance in a fused product?

After looking on E-Bay I found many easton sticks repainted to look like their top of the line sticks. Sad when a company has to engage in such deceptive marketing to sell their top of the line product. It should say something when pro players do not want to use the top of the line product

After looking on E-Bay I found many easton sticks repainted to look like their top of the line sticks. Sad when a company has to engage in such deceptive marketing to sell their top of the line product. It should say something when pro players do not want to use the top of the line product

All of the top companies do it, not just Easton.

That is commonplace among every brand and every new stick line. Do you think that an entire league of players suddenly just fall in love with each new reiteration of stick that hits the market each year or two? It's called marketing for a reason.

Was at an LHS today and they had the RS skate on display. They told me I could pre order a pair and that they were being released on June 25. Has anyone heard anything about this??

How is it sad? The pros don't want to switch from something they've been using to something brand new. Everyone knows that from year to year, you're not looking at earthshattering advances. Why not stick with what works?

It's also the end of the season and coming up to playoffs. Isn't it rare that a guy would switch to something new a crucial times of the year?

Was at an LHS today and they had the RS skate on display. They told me I could pre order a pair and that they were being released on June 25. Has anyone heard anything about this??

Yes, the RS is going to be out in the summer.

im looking at some lower end sticks. can anyone tell me the main differences between the mako m2 and 65s? im having a hard time deciding between the 2.

Looking at the Mako, specifically the M3, that listed weight (526 grams on one of the big sites) is pretty high. Maybe that's counterattacked by durability, balance, feel, etc, but it seems to be basically the highest in the range. Doesn't seem too hard to get a stick that's 50 grams less in the same price range.

Looking at the Mako, specifically the M3, that listed weight (526 grams on one of the big sites) is pretty high. Maybe that's counterattacked by durability, balance, feel, etc, but it seems to be basically the highest in the range. Doesn't seem too hard to get a stick that's 50 grams less in the same price range.

I was pretty impressed by the M3 and you're absolutely right; the balance is great on that stick. Have you had a chance to see it in person yet?

Yes, the RS is going to be out in the summer.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz around the RS skate. No one (outside of you and a couple others I'm guessing) has seen the new one since the old one was scraped or delayed, I honestly don't recall what happened other than they pulled the launch.

I was pretty impressed by the M3 and you're absolutely right; the balance is great on that stick. Have you had a chance to see it in person yet?

Just handled it quickly in the lhs a couple of days ago.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz around the RS skate. No one (outside of you and a couple others I'm guessing) has seen the new one since the old one was scraped or delayed, I honestly don't recall what happened other than they pulled the launch.

No, I've never seen the skate, nor has Easton given me any information on it. It's been shown to dealers though, so there's a lot of people who have seen it.

If anyone is interested, the RS gloves get released on 1st June.

Anyone on this thread tried the Easton protective line? I'm curious about how the RS shoulder pads, elbow pads, and pants fit and feel.

If anyone is interested, the RS gloves get released on 1st June.

Anyone on this thread tried the Easton protective line? I'm curious about how the RS shoulder pads, elbow pads, and pants fit and feel.

Thanks for the tip on the gloves.

The pants are the only things in for us and I can say that they flex forward very easily...all part of Easton's focus on their Forward Flex Design. However the tradeoff is obviously lighter and less protectiv material in the hip/forward kidney and that general area. The floating EPP (iirc) spinal pad comes up very high as well, probably part of the design too.