Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

This question's been bothering me for a while: What exactly is a polyurethane (PU) blade core? Is it solid plastic like inserts? Or is it simply a lower grade foam?

Does anyone who has had a chance to check the skates out have a comment on this?

It feels close to the stiffness of the X:60, but the 1000 has a better range of motion because of the lower cut of the boot. They are definitely not as stiff as skates with the alive material.

I was at a shop I respect today and the guy working told me that for 2012 the Supremes and Vapors skates are being made on the same last and that it would no longer be the case where the Vapor is made in a true D width skate while the Supreme is made in an E. Normally I would just dismiss this as a misinformed employee but this guy was quite insistent and I do respect the quality of the shop. I know this topic has been discussed ad nausem on here, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of change that I missed somewhere along the way. So was there a change or was it just a misinformed employee?

Is there a huge difference between the one95 vs one.9 (other than the tongue) or is it just the change in appearance and name? Would like to know before purchasing the one.9.

I was at a shop I respect today and the guy working told me that for 2012 the Supremes and Vapors skates are being made on the same last and that it would no longer be the case where the Vapor is made in a true D width skate while the Supreme is made in an E. Normally I would just dismiss this as a misinformed employee but this guy was quite insistent and I do respect the quality of the shop. I know this topic has been discussed ad nausem on here, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of change that I missed somewhere along the way. So was there a change or was it just a misinformed employee?

Misinformed employee.

Hi, i wear CMM shin pads - 15' size, how size of shin pads 14' or 15'- Nexus 1000 for me?

My weight ~ 5'10-5'11.

Thanks.

Depends on how you wear them, but most likely 14".

CCM/Reebok 15" is shorter then Bauer 15", so shin guards that I am guessing are right at the max you'd want in length would get even longer if you went with 15s. I'd go 14".

Thanks.

And another 1 question, how size of Bauer Performance Skate Socks better fit on 8D (Bauer APX), M or L?

Are Bauer pant size charts off? I'm 5'8 193 36 inch waist. I took a chance with medium. Length is great but they are too round. I have them tied as tight as possible and belt is pulled so tight that it hangs down lik 8 inches. And they still move around on my waist. These ate vapor 5.0

Size chart says I fall in height for medium but weight only up to 180. Could I be a small?

Follow charts for height & waist. Weight is redundant, its there for a reference but do not follow it. If the medium is too big, then yes, try a small. We had this discussion earlier on elbow pad sizing - the guide for those is based on height. But if you're 6'2" and weigh 160, the large you should be in will fall right off of you, you'd need a small or medium due to lack of muscle mass.

The guides are there for just that - guides. If you get something and it doesn't fit, then try a size bigger/smaller to try to get the right fit, even if the guide on them says they don't fit you.

I apologize in advance if info is already posted somewhere, but can anyone give some feedback on the performance/durability of the nexus 1000 stick so far?

Currently no, but that *may* change in the future. The only thing I could see would be renaming 4rolls "Nexus 4rolls", but with pants they would have to create an entirely new line. Or just create a new line in each category. I wouldn't bet too much money on that, though.

How do the heights of the boots compare between the Nexus 800 and the Nexus 1000. I have been told the 1000 is cut a little lower than say the Supreme, is the same true for a 800?

Are Bauer pant size charts off? I'm 5'8 193 36 inch waist. I took a chance with medium. Length is great but they are too round. I have them tied as tight as possible and belt is pulled so tight that it hangs down lik 8 inches. And they still move around on my waist. These ate vapor 5.0

Size chart says I fall in height for medium but weight only up to 180. Could I be a small?

lol i totally know what you mean. Right now I'm wearing the Bauer supreme one80 pants and i got them in a medium. I'm 5'10 and 185 lbs and wear a size 33 in jeans and i have to tighten the laces up to the max along with the belt. but then they feel good and secure. i was thinking if i should get the small but didn't want to hassle with sending them back and waiting longer cause i just wanted to get on the ice. but I'm going to get suspenders to make them feel even more secure. Maybe next pair of pants in the future ill get a small.

Don't only go by waist size. Length and width also factor in. The Supremes are a more traditional, perhaps wider fit pant. If you drop a size, you lose the length, so perhaps a Supreme fit isn't for you.