Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

having used the harrow pattern 11's for a chunk of the season, they don't play like the P08 or Ovi clones at all, more heel, less curve in the toe.

But it is a similar curve to me. The P08 has more toe, and a hair less heel. In fact I would say the the P08 plays closer to the pattern 11 than the true Ovi Clones. Way more forgiving. You can get away with using bad mechanics with the P08 that you can not get away with using the true Ovi clones.

Pattern 11 just doesnt flare open as much.

http://img638.images...91/photo3wt.jpg

then P08

http://imageshack.us.../bp8andp08.jpg/

If you took the top line of the pattern 11 and traced it the same as the P08 they are pretty close to me.

It's kinda weird that Bauer is only putting the p08 on the retail T1's. I guess they are hoping to con those who really want it on another model into spending more for a mybauer stick. It can't be that they are testing sales because CCM is keeping it and Ovi isn't even using their equipment anymore. Warrior went from the kremlin being only on a special edition stick to it being on almost every model. Online retailers are getting "SE" model Bauers with it as an available curve anyway though. You'd think with that big of a name player they'd have the p08 and name Ovechkin on every model and not just the high end models. Not to mention its milder and less "exotic" to the average buyer than the crazy curve and kremlin.

They're only putting it on the high end models because they are smart businessmen and know that the fanboys will buy it even though nobody can shoot with that curve.

It's kinda weird that Bauer is only putting the p08 on the retail T1's. I guess they are hoping to con those who really want it on another model into spending more for a mybauer stick. It can't be that they are testing sales because CCM is keeping it and Ovi isn't even using their equipment anymore. Warrior went from the kremlin being only on a special edition stick to it being on almost every model. Online retailers are getting "SE" model Bauers with it as an available curve anyway though. You'd think with that big of a name player they'd have the p08 and name Ovechkin on every model and not just the high end models. Not to mention its milder and less "exotic" to the average buyer than the crazy curve and kremlin.

They don't just turn the dial on the stick-making-machine to "PO8" and start cranking out sticks, the TotalOne LE2 is the first stick Bauer has released since signing Ovechkin. They can't/won't produce every model in every curve and flex. The P14 for example, is only available on the One80 and higher, the Nexus 600 and up, and the Vapor 4.0 and up. So you've got to spend at least mid-range money to get some options, but I wouldn't call that an attempt to con people in to dropping top dollar to get a pattern. If it sells well, it's reasonable to expect the P08 will be added to a similar range of sticks in the future. Like many things, if you want to be one of the first to have something, you'll probably pay more than if you wait. Some entry level sticks are only available in three curves and one flex. It would be nice if manufacturers could make everyone happy, but it's not realistic.

....And I thought they had oompaloompa's working at the Bauer factory??? Ice warehouse has had their own run of APX's with the p08 pattern for awhile I highly doubt the reason for the p08 not being on more sticks is manufacturing related. I don't think lack of patterns always has to do with how high up in the line a stick is, CCM'S 2012 CL and Midnight CL come in like 3 patterns and the u+ 10 comes in 5 or 6. Like you said if you want to be the first to have something you'll pay for it...which is exactly what I'm talking about. If you want it in anything other than a t1 your going to have to pay for it. If you want the p08 your going to have to pay for it and Bauer makes more money. Why just release it on several models (including lower end) whenever you can get people to pay $250+ for it when it first "comes out"? My argument with this is..If you have Ovechkin locked into a 6 year deal or whatever it is why not go balls to the wall using him as a marketing tool the way CCM did last year? They would probably sell more sticks if it was available on several models and had his name on more product. Even if it was similar to

The P14 for example, is only available on the One80 and higher, the Nexus 600 and up, and the Vapor 4.0 and up.

I know no one is really going to have an answer for this so whatever. Just seems like bad marketing is all I'm saying. If someone wants the pro ovi pattern they will just go to the other manufacturers that sell it in a $100 model.

Simple.

It's a niche curve. The whole Ovechkin curve across the board isn't a retail friendly pattern.

Simple curves sell; Drury was the worst-selling pattern in retail yet the most-used at pro.

Even if it was similar to I know no one is really going to have an answer for this so whatever.

I know what you mean but it must sell well if CCM and Warrior have kept it. But why aren't they using the Ovechkin name more? You don't think its weird that his name will be on one stick and it happens to be a top of the line stick?

Three sticks; TO, APX, Nexus 1000 - says so in the catalogue. The only difference is that the TO will be rebookable (as APX and Nexus are booking-only)

No, I don't find it to be a problem. As others have said, there are a lot of sticks at the mid to lower price point that only have three curve options. Not to mention, manufacturing; in Warrior and CCM's case, the blade tech is shared amongst quite a few of their sticks; with Bauer, the blade core changes right after the top-end model.

Three sticks; TO, APX, Nexus 1000 - says so in the catalogue. The only difference is that the TO will be rebookable (as APX and Nexus are booking-only)

No, I don't find it to be a problem. As others have said, there are a lot of sticks at the mid to lower price point that only have three curve options. Not to mention, manufacturing; in Warrior and CCM's case, the blade tech is shared amongst quite a few of their sticks; with Bauer, the blade core changes right after the top-end model.

What does rebookable and booking only actually mean?

Is this essentially saying a store can get it as an smu?

What does rebookable and booking only actually mean?

Is this essentially saying a store can get it as an smu?

Don't take my word for it as I don't have the store experience JR and others on this site have, but I believe booking only would mean you can only order that product at the time of your main order for the season and if you run out you cannot reorder more stock and would have to wait until next year to get more. If an item is rebookable then you could order some stock and if you ran out you could order more at any time. I don't think it has anything to do with SMU product, but that's just my hypothesis.

Don't take my word for it as I don't have the store experience JR and others on this site have, but I believe booking only would mean you can only order that product at the time of your main order for the season and if you run out you cannot reorder more stock and would have to wait until next year to get more. If an item is rebookable then you could order some stock and if you ran out you could order more at any time. I don't think it has anything to do with SMU product, but that's just my hypothesis.

Thanks this is what I was thinking I just could not quite spit it out right.

The T1 LE sticks were presented to dealers for January 2012 delivery in July 2011. Ovechkin wasn't even signed to Bauer in July! So, yes, Bauer rushed the P08 pattern into the marketplace as soon as they could without stepping on already booked Holiday 2011 APX sticks that were booked by dealers in May for October 2011 delivery. There is a lot going on behind the scenes here that the retail consumers have no idea about. There is a little bit more to it than "If you want it in anything other than a t1 your going to have to pay for it. If you want the p08 your going to have to pay for it and Bauer makes more money."

I know what you mean but it must sell well if CCM and Warrior have kept it.

I don't think the pattern sold as well as Warrior and CCM expected, either.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes here that the retail consumers have no idea about.

Obviously the store in which I work doe smore than hockey, but I have to agree. there are already skis for next season in our system as well (along with the new Bauer, Easton, Reebok, etc stuff for the spring)

I am taking this a little off topic but I am convinced that Bauer already has the new Vapor skates/Supreme protective designed, waiting for produciton, ready to roll out next spring

I am taking this a little off topic but I am convinced that Bauer already has the new Vapor skates/Supreme protective designed, waiting for produciton, ready to roll out next spring

Designed, yes. Finalized? No.

Just sort of an observation/thinking out loud, but, I noticed the nexus line only seems to forego gloves and pants. For gloves it obviously makes sense since they already have the 3 lines. Which leads me to wonder about the pants.

Now I completely understand why they might not want to extend the line to everything for the time-being. But it would be neat to see them come out with a nexus pant as well...more specifically I was thinking something along the lines of an updated version of their 2-piece pant available for the pros. Then again, I have no idea what the desirability of 2-piece pants pants are on the retail market. Again, just thinking out loud.

In addition to Supreme and Vapor, Bauer also has the girdle/adaptable core pad too, don't forget. All 3 kinds of 'fit' are basically covered, making it unnecessary to have a Nexus line as well.