Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the iceman

Reebok 8K Jock

You have three holes on each side of the cup. You will have to figure out through trial and error which size works for you - the closest to the edge is the widest.

I'd toss the lace they provide and use a hockey lace (molded tips are better, you just need one end, save the other end for the other side) and work it through the cup first then through the elastic band, then tie both ends together.

They didn't sell well, they've been off the NA market since 2004 or so.

I bought the one in the pic about 4 yrs ago for like $20 from a store in CA; they didn't even know it was a player's jock.

Ah okay. The ebay auctions I see make it sound like half the NHL uses them.

I meant retail. I don't try to find out what NHLers wear. I'm not that much of a gear whore.

Interesting. It didn't show up when I used their search for "8K Jock". And even after JR's experience, I didn't think to look under goalie jocks. $24.99 is pretty good, though, as long as they don't kill you on shipping and handling.

589 in stock?!

Are they more comfortable than the standard yellow short and cup? I've been trying to buy the 8k jock for a couple months but refuse to pay $70+ on ebay

Of course it's about comfort. I would personally never use something that is uncomfortable just because it is more protective. This jock is as good as it gets.

I agree. Comfort is hugely important when it comes to ALL hockey gear, really. It's obviously a balancing act between comfort and protection.

But as far as jocks go, I'm perfectly satisfied with the protection level of the cup I have, so when it comes to making a decision on something different, comfort is my #1 question (with the assumption that its as protective as what I have now... ) But I digress...

I think I might give it a shot. With it being so COMPLETELY DIFFERENT of a design over pretty much every jock you'll find in a store, its worth the couple bucks to try it out.

I guess I could have been clearer. I don't care how comfortable it is, if the protection isn't sufficient. Especially in this area. And I don't really notice a little discomfort on the ice.

Agreed with that. So its worth asking then too.. is this thing better protection than the standard jock cup we all know?

I don't notice much discomfort, but if there is something better out there for this cheap, why not try?