Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cams

What are you reading currently?

Right this minute, Aesop's Fables. Though the editor of this edition, rather amusingly, has mistakenly inserted a parody of Aesop's fabulisation that appears in one of Horace's Satires. Frankly, I can see while the Ionians threw him into the sea; I'm annoyed with the man, and he's been dead for 29 centuries.

Next up: "A Suit of Nettles," the best poem ever written about anthropomorphic geese.

Just finished "Oh Myyy, There Goes the Internet". Interesting book with good insight into the mechanics of social media.

Just finished Martin Amis' Money

Christopher Hitchens' Memoir Hitch-22 before that.

Working through Smilla's Sense of Snow to inflate my Danish vocabulary.

Currently reading Robert Littell's "The Company", and while spook-and-spy fiction isn't ordinarily my thing, it's a good read.

Right now my library card is shamefully deep in hock, so I'm re-reading a lot of old favorites. "Crush", a book of poetry by Richard Siken, "33 Snowfish" by Adam Rapp, and "Last One Over the Wall" by Jerome G. Miller, which is an excellent book about Miller's tenure as head of the Massachusetts Department of Youth Services (juvenile justice system here) during the 1960s and 70s.

Working my way through all the Sherlock Holmes stories along with a handful of professional books I am always reading. Also, The Making of The Empire Strikes Back. If you are a SW geek, these are great, with interviews from lots of people on the production, pages of original scripts, pics, etc.