Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chip1441

Ever been disappointed by a "top of the line" product?

Hey Nick, thanks for the reply. It's nice to see Rink Rat stand behind their product and it's REALLY nice to see a manufacturer front up to the issues that everyone else knows about. You've earned my mark of respect on that issue alone.

Just to update... not even 60 days old and I blew out 4 of my 8 addictions. Picked up some new black/orange ones to replace them thought because they are the best wheel I've used performance wise.

one is D width and the ccm is E, but i rarely use my one70's since i added tuuk ls2 holders on my ccm's and considering converting my one70's since their rarely used

They still are different shapes. Wait till u find a skate that actually fits u right and u will understand.

I wasn't happy with my RX60s at first, fit wise. Hurt breaking them in and couldn't get the fit I wanted. They are much better now, but still not the best fitting skate I've used and def. not my favorite overall. The outsole towards the toecap on one side is splitting. Personally, I think it's because the outsole used is too thin for the rigors of roller (game play and chassis+wheel weight). I've been looking at the Alkali skates but I gotta try them on before I buy. The outsole appears to be thicker on those boots.

I wasn't happy with my RX60s at first, fit wise. Hurt breaking them in and couldn't get the fit I wanted. They are much better now, but still not the best fitting skate I've used and def. not my favorite overall. The outsole towards the toecap on one side is splitting. Personally, I think it's because the outsole used is too thin for the rigors of roller (game play and chassis+wheel weight). I've been looking at the Alkali skates but I gotta try them on before I buy. The outsole appears to be thicker on those boots.

I have to agree with you Bauer's roller hockey equipment isn't the best. I myself have had some of the same problems you described. Rite now I converted a Bauer One 70 boot and really do love the fit and the durability is pretty good considering how often I play.

As for Alkali I said it earlier in this post I think that I was lucky enough to try out a pair of CA9 skates for a few games and have to say I fell in love with them. If you have the cash to shovel out I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately one more update.

The blades on my Stealth RS's are both breaking. One is chipping/splitting on the bottom, and the other you can hear. Velocity is definitely down. Sending both back to Easton today.

It's strange, I'm 6'3" 240 and I've lasted 2 1/2 seasons on my orange addictions that I got used. Holding up well with some minor visible cracks on some of the front wheels. May blow out soon, but happy with the product overall. Especially for the price I paid for them used.

I just got a pair of t9's don't really suit my foot but i will keep adjusting them. The wheels they came with are the black and white rink rat splits. After 1 weekend of a 3 on 3 tournament playing 15 8min games the rear wheels are peeling, this is just a top layer of about .5mm. The grip also disapeared half way through the weekend. I just expect wheels to last a little longer, glad they came on the skates and i didn't buy them especially.

I just got a pair of t9's don't really suit my foot but i will keep adjusting them. The wheels they came with are the black and white rink rat splits. After 1 weekend of a 3 on 3 tournament playing 15 8min games the rear wheels are peeling, this is just a top layer of about .5mm. The grip also disapeared half way through the weekend. I just expect wheels to last a little longer, glad they came on the skates and i didn't buy them especially.

Darmin - I believed you emailed our warranty dept on this issue as the details are pretty similar...if so, just want to let you know that a response has been sent.

I bought a pair of bauer RX 60 in a christmas sale, I have nothing bad to say about the skate itself, confortable and fast, now the wheels, is another story.

I'm 6'0'' 155 and only skate two times a week on paint concrete, and after about 3 months of use the front wheels started to chunk, the ones in the back are showing the normal wear for 3 months of use.

I love the addiction, great speed and grip, but could the wheels have some issue?

Have some pictures to show

Front wheels

07032012179.th.jpg

07032012182.th.jpg

07032012181.th.jpg

P.s.. Sorry for my english

Have you had other wheels go like this on the front? It might be that your skating style is slightly toe heavy (you tend to balance more on the balls of your feet) so you are loading up the front wheels in turns / stops and a painted concrete or wooden surface will destroy any wheel really fast if you do this. I tend to load my back wheels and ended up swapping to Revisions on the back when I play on these surfaces. So far they have held up well and lasted longer than I was getting out of splits or addictions.

vet88,the skates are "new" haven´t change wheels yet.this only happen with the first wheel in each skate,the 2nd 76mm wheel has the normal wear. before i was using tour skates, all 80mm wheels, and the back wheels got more wear that the ones in front.

tomorrow i'll try some Hyper Formular G ''ERA'' wheels and see how they hold.

Labeda addiction XXX (red). They've been used in 3 games and the front two wheels on both skates are covered in cracks. They look like they'll chunk soon.

They came with the RX60 skates and I'm 240lbs so I was kind of expecting it, but not this fast.

Disappointed with my Tour ZX9, having only used them about 20 times they have softened considerably and since the day I bought them the tenon guard has been fragile to the point I darent touch it.

It's a shame as i like the all 80 set up that tour provide, but now that Alkali and Reebok offer this ill be looking to them next.

I wouldn't touch Tour skates. Built to fall apart. best thing they had going for them were the frames and as you said, others offer the same set up now.

The toe cap on my RX 60's cracked and began leaking my sweat all over the wheels while trying to skate. All this after just two games. Needless to say, Bauer is now replacing them with the APXR's. Hopefully I have better luck with them, and if not, Alkali CA9's here I come.

Yes the Rink Rat MB816's (micro bearing) are the ones that came on the CCM and RBK skates and yes, unfortunately, those were a disaster on the quality and warranty front. We have discontinued that wheel from our product line because of issues like the one you experienced.

Our current line which was released in 2011 with the Hornet Split and re-vamped Hot Shot have been much improved from previous years. A new hub design with "inter-lock" plus some tweaks in the urethane have created a dual-level of bonding between the hub and the urethane and this has drastically decreased the amount of blow outs and separations we had previously encountered. For comparison purposes, we had roughly a 12-13% defect rate on the MB816 versus a 2-3% defect rate with the current line.

We too offer a warranty on our wheels and do our best to make sure our customers get their money's worth out of our product. If any of you have issues or are not 100% satisfied with Rink Rat, email us at warranty@faction-sports.com and we'll get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Nick

This explains a few things.

I've went through at least 7 sets of MB 816s and was not happy with them at all.

Still have alot of them in my dead wheel box.

The first orange set that came on my Wicked Lights were amazing but after that I went through at least 3 sets of green ones, 2 sets of red and another set of the orange ones, green being the worst but unfortunately most readily available in my country at the time, If I had've known how much money I was going to be spending on these wheels I wouldve just bought some bones 608s and gone back to Dynastys.

If the core didn't shatter the urethrane would snap clean off the hub, especially the front wheels from just a turn of the foot.

My record was 4 green MB 816s in one general skate session.

Even though it was clearly a product fault I was always told it the products were fine it was my fault, even after killing some of them in one session.

I've since replaced them all with 688 addictions and love the wheel.

Not trying to rubbish Rink Rat cause alot of guys like their products(especially the old world cups and the splits over here) but that experience left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I quit playing hockey in 2006 so I never used these skates or wheels in a game, can only imagine how many I wouldve gone through,

on my current 9k skates i blew through the stock labedas ina couple of games. i then put 2 orange addictions in the middle with softer rinkrat hot shots on the outside. really loving it. im as fast as i need and im rarely if ever slipping out during turns. and i bank hard enough that the times i do slip is bc my boot is on the floor.

but for me rink rat all the way, even the old hot shots hi have are still holding up and when the addictions go (theyre wearing first) ill probs try all rink rats.

ivalso find the fit of the bearibg to be better with the rink rats.

btw for the record im 5'7" 250 lbs.