Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Rebellion RB A-12 Pro Glove

A big thanks goes to JR and to Rebellion for giving me a chance to do a LTR on these gloves.

Past gloves: Easton pro stock, Easton EQ50 retail, Eagle PPF, most recently Bauer 4 rolls.

Initial Impressions: Out of the box, they look like a top of the line glove, they are straight black nylon, no gimmicks, a simple 4 roll which I like. They do have 4 black leather stripes on the back rolls, which is a nice added touch.

Initial impressions on fit: The glove is definitely a narrower 4 roll than the Bauers, this is not a bad thing, I don't mind them being a bit tighter. most noticeably on the back rolls.

The cuff is very similar to my 4 rolls, it is not restricting at all, which is nice.

My first concern however is in the fingers. they are longer than standard 14" gloves. i would say there is almost a quarter inch between the tips of my fingers and the end of the gloves, and I fit fine into ppf's and the bauer 4 Rolls. I'll have to see how this affects game play

In regards to the padding, there are plastic inserts everywhere, and all the fingers are 3-piece, which I found kind of odd, but as I break them in I like it more and more.

More updates to come as I used them, stay tuned!

just a quick update on the gloves. In love with the single layer palm, it's very nice. However, I could not finish practice with these simply because I could not get used to the longer fingers. At first it was fine, but as they got worked in, the piece between fingers would start irritating the webs between my fingers, and I ended up thinking about it, and it would end up affecting my stickhandling.