Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer TotalONE NXG Initial Thoughts

I'm not sure I buy into the 'pro spec' on this one for 4 reasons: no double stitching, the golden eyelet (vs the reinforced black ones), regular liner vs the Pro, and last bit probably the most important one - they didn't come from St.Jerome!

Looks like just a regular retail skate with the felt tongue...

Hey fellas,

I've been in the supreme line for the past three skates, one90, one95 and total one. All of which I comfortably fit 7.5d. Obviously I ordered the same size for the NXG's, and they just came in. The right skate fit fine, but my left one hurt just wear the top caps meet on the outside of the skate (about half an inch behind my little toe). I took out the footbed which has that weird "protection" fold to it, and tried the skate on without a footbed and the pain was gone. Should I be concerned or can I just cut off the piece of the footbed that is folded up?

Hey fellas,

I've been in the supreme line for the past three skates, one90, one95 and total one. All of which I comfortably fit 7.5d. Obviously I ordered the same size for the NXG's, and they just came in. The right skate fit fine, but my left one hurt just wear the top caps meet on the outside of the skate (about half an inch behind my little toe). I took out the footbed which has that weird "protection" fold to it, and tried the skate on without a footbed and the pain was gone. Should I be concerned or can I just cut off the piece of the footbed that is folded up?

Cut them off. Not a big deal.

why are NHL's never sporting that new Fusion runner?

if its so lightweight...

NHLers don't seem to care that much about the weight of their gear. These are big, strong men, a few grams here or there probably makes no difference for them. The Jofa pads that are so popular with NHLers are all decently big/bulky/heavy.

Where can you pick up a pair of those blade soakers, on the original total ones in the picture??

You can't. At this time, we feel there isn't much of a market for them.

NHLers don't seem to care that much about the weight of their gear. These are big, strong men, a few grams here or there probably makes no difference for them. The Jofa pads that are so popular with NHLers are all decently big/bulky/heavy.

More to do with equipment managers than player as a matter of convenience; if the player wants it, he'll get it. (eg. Tavares and RocketRunners.)

My One95s are on their last legs finally, so it's time for new skates in the Supreme line, which means NXGs.

With all the pro stock stuff coming back, NXGs can be had for under $300. The problem is that most of the pro stock skates don't have the 3Flex tongue (I use Blacksteel, so the Fusion blade isn't a big loss).

A used pair of the retail version goes for between $350-450. Is the 3Flex tongue worth the extra cost? Retails in my size (8.5EE) have been hard to come by also. Can the 3Flex tongue be bought separately? A pair of Pro stocks with the beefed up padding and an added 3Flex tongue might be the best skate of all anyway.

Oh, and how much of a size difference does the increased padding in the pro stock version usually make? My 8.5EE pro stock One95s are a 1/4 size too small in the left skate, but my retail 8EE One90s are the same. So I'm thinking the thicker ankle padding is making the difference (plus I wear a 9.5/42.5 euro shoe which should be 8 in Bauer).

Thoughts?

My One95s are on their last legs finally, so it's time for new skates in the Supreme line, which means NXGs.

With all the pro stock stuff coming back, NXGs can be had for under $300. The problem is that most of the pro stock skates don't have the 3Flex tongue (I use Blacksteel, so the Fusion blade isn't a big loss).

A used pair of the retail version goes for between $350-450. Is the 3Flex tongue worth the extra cost? Retails in my size (8.5EE) have been hard to come by also. Can the 3Flex tongue be bought separately? A pair of Pro stocks with the beefed up padding and an added 3Flex tongue might be the best skate of all anyway.

Oh, and how much of a size difference does the increased padding in the pro stock version usually make? My 8.5EE pro stock One95s are a 1/4 size too small in the left skate, but my retail 8EE One90s are the same. So I'm thinking the thicker ankle padding is making the difference (plus I wear a 9.5/42.5 euro shoe which should be 8 in Bauer).

Thoughts?

I'm skating in pro stock NXG's right now with the heavy duty felt tongue and actually like them better then the retail flex tongue skates I've skated in. Then again I have always been partial to a felt tongue so it may be just preference.

Been skating in NXGs for more than a year now, getting Step Steel delivered as we speak, and don't notice anything from the flex-tongue, personally.

I'm skating in pro stock NXG's right now with the heavy duty felt tongue and actually like them better then the retail flex tongue skates I've skated in. Then again I have always been partial to a felt tongue so it may be just preference.

Notice any difference in the fit between the retails and Pro Stocks? Is there extra padding in the ankles? My PS One95s have thicker ankles, and that combined with my Superfeet insoles is really adding a 1/2 size to the skate.

Sorry to ask so many questions. Unfortunately, the only way for me to try on even the retail version is if I went to the pro shop at the rink and had someone pull a pair for me. But I don't feel right asking them to do that knowing I have absolutely no intention of possibly buying the skate from them.

Notice any difference in the fit between the retails and Pro Stocks? Is there extra padding in the ankles? My PS One95s have thicker ankles, and that combined with my Superfeet insoles is really adding a 1/2 size to the skate.

Sorry to ask so many questions. Unfortunately, the only way for me to try on even the retail version is if I went to the pro shop at the rink and had someone pull a pair for me. But I don't feel right asking them to do that knowing I have absolutely no intention of possibly buying the skate from them.

They are stiffer and maybe a little more padded but I really don't see too much of a difference, I'm not using superfeet insoles in my NXG's, and I have both EE in these and a pair of Nexus 1000's, and for some odd reason the 1000's give me a hot spot on the outside of my foot if I tighten the lower end. (They are supposed to run wider then NXG's). I am using superfeet footbeds in the Nexus skates. I'm skating tonight and I'll grab my retail NXG's I sold and compare them again to the pro stocks for better verification. I definitely like the stiffer feel of the pro stock NXG.

They are stiffer and maybe a little more padded but I really don't see too much of a difference, I'm not using superfeet insoles in my NXG's, and I have both EE in these and a pair of Nexus 1000's, and for some odd reason the 1000's give me a hot spot on the outside of my foot if I tighten the lower end. (They are supposed to run wider then NXG's). I am using superfeet footbeds in the Nexus skates. I'm skating tonight and I'll grab my retail NXG's I sold and compare them again to the pro stocks for better verification. I definitely like the stiffer feel of the pro stock NXG.

cool thanks! Any chance you just sold them on eBay today? If so I think I'm the one who bought them. Lol

Does anyone else have X-Stiff tongue inserts that have a really rough looking finish? The Mid and Stiff flex inserts are very crisp at the edges but the X-Stiff looks like somebody failed to smooth them out. I've taken a look at several pairs at my LHS and they all have this issue.

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing problems with the tendon guard. Mine have recently cracked and I am reluctant to skate on them, thinking it will snap off. My friend's snapped off completely during a game. Does anyone know if Bauer warranties them for this problem?

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing problems with the tendon guard. Mine have recently cracked and I am reluctant to skate on them, thinking it will snap off. My friend's snapped off completely during a game. Does anyone know if Bauer warranties them for this problem?

How long have you had the skates for? Bauer offers a 90 day warranty on the boot itself, but even if it has been more than 90 days, I'm under the impression that they're willing to hear you out.

http://www.bauer.com/get/warranty/home#skates

IMO the tweaks to the tongue and tendon guard offer a significant increase in performance. I loved my One95's, but found the TotalOne to be so so. Really liked the NXG's. Almost to the level of my One95's.

Hey everyone, I am new here. Wanted to get your opinion on this skate. I currently am in Vapor XXV's size 9D. The length is fine, but I do notice sometimes I get a slight pinch along the outer part of my forefoot- the part that's right before my big toe knuckle, and sometimes on my outside of the pinky toe. Do you think this skate would be too wide for me? Perhaps I just need to rebake my Vapors and that will help the issue? From what I have read so far, a D in this skate would be an EE in a Vapor, which I think would be too big. These skates are about 6 years old so my foot may have changed slightly. Overall I like the fit of my Vapors although I think some spots it might be a touch too narrow, and a tiny bit too much volume above my toes/forefoot area.