Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

It is funny, my dad has always joked about my stick collection and that one day I would have a caddy that followed me around the ice with sticks in a golf bag.

The NUUUUGE! This kid is awesome, so smart on the ice. Too bad they lost last night...

It's a pretty good view of the actual graphics of the stick.

Gotta love the speculation here.

I doubt more then 2 or 3 actually know the details of it, and those that may possibly know couldn't tell anyways.

CCM needs the good and free publicity / hype. Touche'.

The secret of the stick... wider handle on the top so you can inverse your stick and putt goals in while in the crease...

For the record on white sticks coming out/already out in 2012:

Bauer TotalONE LEv2

Easton Mako, M5, M3, M2, M1

Warrior Diablo SE

CCM RBZ apparently, probably full-line

Sherwood T-70 SE

Sure there are a few others.

Base has had white sticks for atleast 6 months

Judging by the name, the stick will likely be using technology similar to the RBZ TaylorMade technology. My understanding of the RBZ technology is that the focus is on increasing ball speed off the club face. It does incorporate some of the adjustable features of their other clubs, but the key technology is related to ball speed. So how does that relate to hockey sticks? I'm not sure. The ball speed technology is based on creating more trampoline effect on the club face, basically the club face flexes and rebounds at impact making the ball travel faster off the club than simply the speed of your swing (eg a 100mph swing leads to 130-140mph of ball speed off the club face). Since they are calling the stick the RBZ, my guess would be they're attempting to do something similar with the blade of the stick because that is the technological advantage of the RBZ.

you were right http://ccmhockey.com/en/ccm-taylormade.pdf

and Mission was there with the HEX-1 and easton with the Havoc shaft

And the Mission Fuel, and V-Hex......both of which I still am working through my hoarded collection.

The Nuge and Landeskog are facing off against each other tomorrow and both are referenced in the press release that came out today from CCM and TaylorMade. Must be a coincidence! ;-)

Doesn't True Temper make shafts for both CCM/reebok as well as Taylor Made?

CCM/Rbk and Taylor Made are all owned by ADIDAS so they most likely make them for them all

Hmmm. "Limited version of the stick in all-white."

Limited Edition. Just like the TO, APX, S19 Pure, etc etc.

This might be completely wrong, but does anyone else thinks that CCM is trying to market this stick for summer league hockey as well. TaylorMade is a golf company (not that anyone didn't know) and when you think golf, you think of a summer sport. They would be saying basically Play hockey instead of Golf.

This might be completely wrong, but does anyone else thinks that CCM is trying to market this stick for summer league hockey as well. TaylorMade is a golf company (not that anyone didn't know) and when you think golf, you think of a summer sport. They would be saying basically Play hockey instead of Golf.

The thought never entered my mind.

Well I'm in a business program, and recently everything I look at, I see a business opportunity. I think I need a life... haha

From a shaft perspective, you might be able to compare golf to hockey. From a clubface/blade perspective...totally different.

Most elite golfers do not use composite shafts...they use Rifle steel shafts. For a strong golfer with a quick swing speed, the whip of a composite shaft creates too much variance, so even an XS composite shaft is too "whippy" compared to a stiff steel shaft.

I caddy for an elite golfer and have seen many excellent golfers, so I have seen the differences in the two products. I personally have too many bad hockey habits that work on the ice but do not translate to the golf course.

Most elite golfers use composite shafts in their woods.

True. Also interesting to note that the club manufacturers do not make shafts. Usually see Fujikura, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Grafalloy, etc. A lot of club manufactures will OEM shafts for high calliber golf clubs. For example the TP line all use Aldila shafts.

True. Also interesting to note that the club manufacturers do not make shafts. Usually see Fujikura, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Grafalloy, etc. A lot of club manufactures will OEM shafts for high calliber golf clubs. For example the TP line all use Aldila shafts.

That was the origin of my thinking. TM doesn't innovate in shaft technology so it would be strange for them to be working on a hockey shaft.

Yup, exactly. As said earlier it will probably be either a weight distribution change, or maybe even a face insert into the blade. Taylormades main feature is dual crown tech, so that may be inserted into the stick.