Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

Has anyone here who has used an x:60 or APX tried this stick out yet? How does it compare in terms of blade feel, shaft shape, and etc? I'm really tempted to buy for the upcoming season.

What's the lie like on the Landeskog? The computer at my work won't let me open up the catalog. Also, could you take pictures of the side profile/rocker?

I would say it's roughly a Bauer lie 5.

As for the curve itself, it's fairly unique. Some have been calling it an Ovi clone, which is way off, it's not an Ovi clone at all. Others have called it a P14 clone, that's closer, but it's still pretty different. It has a similar blade height, lie, and curve position to the P14, but it has a longer blade, a rounder toe, is a deeper curve (largely due to the longer blade), and doesn't open up as much at the toe as the P14. It's moderately open, in terms of openness I'd say it's around half way between a P92 and PM9, though probably closer to a P92. It's a cool curve, bordering on a banana curve actually, I would say it's one of the deeper retail curves out there.

Has anyone here who has used an x:60 or APX tried this stick out yet? How does it compare in terms of blade feel, shaft shape, and etc? I'm really tempted to buy for the upcoming season.

The shaft is more square than the X60 and I thought the blade was a lot less pingy. I like the RBZ a lot more than the X60, myself. The flex is much different with the RBZ, I felt it load according to my lower hand position quite a bit. I never did quite get the dual flex on the X60 working for me.

The shaft is more square than the X60 and I thought the blade was a lot less pingy. I like the RBZ a lot more than the X60, myself. The flex is much different with the RBZ, I felt it load according to my lower hand position quite a bit. I never did quite get the dual flex on the X60 working for me.

Cool, thanks! I actually ended up getting one almost a month ago and I'm glad to hear someone else has noticed the same characteristics of the stick. I'm not crazy about the square shaft profile though. It's throwing off my shot. I will mention that I do like how the blade isn't softening up as fast as the APX did. However, I probably will go back to the APX mainly because of the shaft profile. I need rounded corners.

I bought one of these on a impulse. I went in looking for a APX Kane 85 (which they didn't have) and started looking at other top line sticks. The past 5 sticks I've used were all Warror 85 flex sticks (Dolomite, Diablo, Widow) and I was looking to try something new. After playing with a couple sticks in store, and the saleman's advice, I took the RBZ home.

I've played with it twice so far. At the outset I thought the 85 flex was a little too whippy for me but after the second skate I was used to it and no longer have a issue with it. Puck feel is good, maybe a little more "pingy" than the Widow but after 5 minutes of stick handling I didn't really notice it any more. I take a lot of snap shots and I think the flex point and pop on this stick are the best for that kind of shot. The puck seems to launch of the stick and a couple guys on my team commented on my shot velocity right away. So far I really like this stick. I would prefer a clear version but the grip isn't overly tacky for me. I may use a light sand paper where my bottom hand moves on the shaft. As for weight, it's on par with the Widow. Certainly a few grams here or there isn't going to make or break my game and all the top line sticks are close to the same wieight anyway.

Depending on durabiltiy, I would buy another one for sure.

I'm using a RBZ 60 Tavares 75 flex cut to about 83. I was using easton rs heatley at 85 cut to about 95. I have also recently tried the Sherwood Nexon 12 in the Kane pattern. The RBZ toe is more square than Heatley but much more usable for toe drags and control in corners. The lie is a bit more toward 5.5 Easton vs Heatley 5. The flex is obviously hard to compare due to being 12 less. I do feel my slap shot and quick snaps are more controlled and easier to predict. The shape of the shaft is slightly more square. Weight wise, not sure of the grams but I don't notice a difference between the 3 sticks mentioned here. Overall, once I get used to the slightly more open Tavares pattern and little lie difference I will probably stay with the RBZ 60. My buddy has an RBZ and a 60 side by side. The RBZ grip is a bit more grippy. I add some tape goo (rubbed tape sticky side on it but will move to golf club power tac from the lsgs) Flex on Rbz is slightly better. Blade is softer on the 60, which we both like better. I'm sticking with the $120 RBZ 60 over RS, Sherwood and any Bauer out there. Love it!

Thinking about getting this stick. Is it durable? I only play men's league but I get slashed every now and then but nothing crazy. Hopefully it wouldn't break on my like an easton s17...

Also, does the stick only come with grip?

I've gone from only bauers (t1s--->apx) into the RBZ. RBZ has the best puck feel out there to me. The only difficulty is getting the stick to flex the way you like it, cause the shaft is quite thick. owever, once you figure it out, it snaps like a horse. Takes maybe 3 weeks adjustment period.

Durability: I play maybe 5 times a week. The toe is wearing down (a known weakness in this stick), but overall, it's holding up well. Nothing even close to the S17, the shaft is quite thick, it won't be breaking on ya. I love it, I'm SO impressed.

If you hate the grip but want the stick, just get a can of clear coat and spray it. I did that with a stick I bought second hand, not knowing it was grip. I don't like grip sticks at all, so I put a light coat of matte clear coat on it and it worked great. The stick had a raised texture to it with the grip coating, and the clear coat has a very fine texture to it as well, so it feels really nice in the hands. Actually made the stick look better too, I think.

Landy has more of a mid curve, and a nice toe. Basically it's the P08 from bauer without the mid turn.

It's lighter than the TO, they both kick extremely hard. RBZ has a pretty thick shaft, so once you figure out the kickpoint it snaps like a horse.

RBZ puckfeel is simply the best of any stick I've ever tried.

Landy has more of a mid curve, and a nice toe. Basically it's the P08 from bauer without the mid turn.

It's lighter than the TO, they both kick extremely hard. RBZ has a pretty thick shaft, so once you figure out the kickpoint it snaps like a horse.

so the length an lie is like a p08? how does that compare to a p92?

The RBZ is actually a bit heavier than the TO, not lighter. Quite a bit heavier than the TO NXG. As for the Landeskog curve, it's really not that similar to the P08 at all.

can someone tell me the difference between the landeskog an toews? it looks like a longer/taller blade but i cant tell, an how does this stick compare to a TO?

I described the Landeskog curve in detail above, post #328 in this thread. It's a pretty unique curve, not particularly similar to any curve in the Bauer line. Maybe most similar to the P14/Toews, but still pretty different (similar curve shape, blade height and lie to the P14, but a longer blade, doesn't twist open at the toe like the P14, rounder toe, bigger curve in general. It's a banana curve, and a bit open, but not mega open).