Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer RE-AKT Helmet

I've covered the ins and outs of the helmet in the Initial Thoughts thread (please ask any questions there) but I hadn't skated with it yet.

Skated with it today, in a hockey setting. The rink here in town is extremely hot, so it would be a good test for ventilation and more importantly, sweat management.

Here's the deal; even with a sweaty bald head, the liner doesn't slip. I didn't have to fiddle with the helmet, tighten it, what have you. Ventilation was good; the helmet did not feel hot.

As far as sweat management is concerned, I was pleasantly surprised. I never had to wipe down the visor while I was skating or sitting on the bench. However, if I were to bend over or move my head and look straight down, I would get a stream of sweat on the visor - most likely due to pooling of sweat right above where it contacts the head. So for now, the RE-AKT passes my biggest test.

Wore it today; no issues.

Minimal issues with sweat, the helmet feels sturdy and secure. Very comfortable.

The helmet does not feel hot, which is definitely a good thing.

Gave it the ultimate sweat test - skated at the Tampa Bay Times Forum (where the Lightning play) on Monday. 85 degree day outside, in an extremely hot arena (they don't cool it down unless a pro game is going on, and even then, a warm rink.)

Not one issue when it came to sweat. So, my biggest possible roadblock when it comes to this helmet has been crossed.