Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins89

CCM making a comeback?

in terms of CCM products, i bought all Fit line gear recently and love it, no issues. going to need to upgrade skates pretty soon here, so we will see what they have out on the market.

as for breakable sticks, i would think a breakable stick would be more dangerous that one which is breakable, in terms of being able to stab someone, no?

More often than not, in a impact along the boards a stick is going to bend and break and absorb some of the impact. You don't see "shards" often in those scenarios. You see less clean breaks with wooden sticks because the shaft is usually more solid... but it has the potential to be just as dangerous in a perfect storm.

Incidentally, this makes me think of what happened to Joba Chamberlain's ankle...

in terms of CCM products, i bought all Fit line gear recently and love it, no issues. going to need to upgrade skates pretty soon here, so we will see what they have out on the market.

as for breakable sticks, i would think a breakable stick would be more dangerous that one which is breakable, in terms of being able to stab someone, no?

In a wicked slash, either the stick breaks or the bone does. I vote for stick.

In a wicked slash, either the stick breaks or the bone does. I vote for stick.

true, guess I 1. never thought a unbreakable stick would be made, or 2. ever thought about slashing someone so hard in an unprotected area that it would break a 250$ twig. I actually got a cut on the back of my shin once from a piece of broken blade which hit a spot where i had a hole in my sock, so i guess i was just thinking of it in terms of taking a slap shot and flinging the blade towards someones neck, know itd be very rare.

Describe "a lot" and at what level of play? Im just curious.

Peewee AA, 11, solid kid over 5' and 110 lbs. Skates I would say on average 4X a week, sometimes more sometimes less. A Variety of power skating, clinic based practices, full ice practices and games.

Very happy with the skates performance wise, just surprised to see them so trashed in roughly a year. Pilling on the liner in the heel area would also be a concern I'd have if they were mine and I was expecting to get a few years out of them.

I know they can be replaced. We're about to go into the double digits for replaced ones. Replacing 1 or 2 a week of late.The inside stainless metal seems to be fairly solid and resilient. It's the fancy, lightweight, alloyish exterior that are almost disintegrating into an oxidized whitish powder and popping off, for lack of a better word. Had a similar problem with my Shift 2s, except the non-stainless metal was rusting from the inside out. Just hoping the skates holdup overall until he outgrows them.

We do live in Florida but both of our gear is always layed out to dry and kept inside, in a humidity controlled environment.

I love my CL gloves.

Peewee AA, 11, solid kid over 5' and 110 lbs. Skates I would say on average 4X a week, sometimes more sometimes less. A Variety of power skating, clinic based practices, full ice practices and games.

Very happy with the skates performance wise, just surprised to see them so trashed in roughly a year. Pilling on the liner in the heel area would also be a concern I'd have if they were mine and I was expecting to get a few years out of them.

I know they can be replaced. We're about to go into the double digits for replaced ones. Replacing 1 or 2 a week of late.The inside stainless metal seems to be fairly solid and resilient. It's the fancy, lightweight, alloyish exterior that are almost disintegrating into an oxidized whitish powder and popping off, for lack of a better word. Had a similar problem with my Shift 2s, except the non-stainless metal was rusting from the inside out. Just hoping the skates holdup overall until he outgrows them.

We do live in Florida but both of our gear is always layed out to dry and kept inside, in a humidity controlled environment.

I love my CL gloves.

If the heel on your skates is piling, wouldn't that be from your heel moving around in pocket/skate? I have some minor piling in my CCM 12s as well so I would consider that the issue for that

CCM went on a long downward slide starting around 2000-2001. Over the last couple years they have made significant improvements and some of their gear is now quite good. If people give their gear a fair chance, they should do well this year.

For skates personally the last fantastic CCM skate was the 1997 552 and modano 752 tacks. As chadd said things went downhill around 2000. The CL skate has brought them back. Cannot wait for the next ccm skate

You can also look at when Nike bought the Canstar company in the early 90s. They dropped the Micron name and focus on the Nike brand. they also moved from Vermont to NH.

To JR's point earlier The Reebok/CCM brand was operated on two opposite sides of the buidling. One side was CCM the other side was Reebok hockey. Pretty much two separate companies under one roof. They also had different R&D departments. The tack last was used when they made the first Reebok skates.

I'm rocking all CCM gear these days. V08 helmet, 4 Roll Pro gloves, Super Tacks skates, and Pro Tacks pants (still going strong since I first bought them in high school 8 years ago). If they came out with classic style shoulder pads I'd be all over them.

I got a pair of he CL gloveas and they have been awesome for me !

Great gloves. I have had mine for about a year now and I still love them...wasn't even in the market for new gloves, just happened to try them on and couldn't stop thinking about them after, ha.

I tried on the CL gloves in the store and I really hated the way the fingers closed, my ring and pinky finger were overlapping. I tried on chippa's broken-in CLs at SJ and loved them. They might be my next glove purchase.

I tried on the CL gloves in the store and I really hated the way the fingers closed, my ring and pinky finger were overlapping. I tried on chippa's broken-in CLs at SJ and loved them. They might be my next glove purchase.

I've heard this so many times with brand new CL gloves. Mine did it as well and it bugged me until the gloves broke in. But, no issue anymore and they are super comfortable. The range of motion you get in the fingers is unreal and the protection is great. I took a heavy slapper right to my hand and came out good to go. My only bitch is they get pretty hot. I'm not sure if other high end gloves are like this or not, but these definitely get hotter than other pairs of mid-level gloves I've had. Minor issue when the rest of the glove is so awesome.

I also picked up a pair of CCM Fit shin guards and am very happy with them. Durable, comfortable, and seem to breath well.

My son just participated in the CCM Skills Camp where they got to try out all the new top of the line CCM products. He currently wears all Warrior protective(hustler) and Bauer one-100 skates. And he uses a Warrior Widow stick. He was given a set of U+cl skates. He has since gone back to his Bauers as they are just a better fit. They are a really nice product CCM must realise that one skate does not fit all and will need to expand there line like Bauer for multiple foot type's. He liked the new RBZ stick but not enough to want one when the come out as he still perfered his Widow. But he did love the U+cl shoulder pads and elbow pads. Which we have just bought to replace his Warrior shoulders and elbow pads. The elbows just don't slide around like the Warrior ones. And when it comes to the shoulder pads there is no comparison when it comes to the weight difference. I have no doubt the the warrior pad offers better protection but i'm sure the CCM's are no slouches in that department.

CCM at the moment doesn't need to have 2 skate lines because Reebok pretty much has another type of fit covered since they're both part of the adidas group. Could CCM have another fit in the future? Maybe. It's been said that Bauer didn't need 3 skate lines but here they are/were. It would be neat to see another skate line compete with the narrower fit of Vapor.

I have my doubts about the RBZ sticks. I think it's a clever marketing ploy and I think the chirps about how a golf company helped develop the stick will be really funny at first and get old really fast. I think I'll stick to the god fathers of composites: Easton.

I have my doubts about the RBZ sticks. I think it's a clever marketing ploy and I think the chirps about how a golf company helped develop the stick will be really funny at first and get old really fast. I think I'll stick to the god fathers of composites: Easton.

If you refuse to try sticks from companies other than Easton, you're missing out on good sticks. Bauer makes great sticks.

While the RBZ didn't blow me away, I see no reason to discount CCM twigs out of hand.

If you refuse to try sticks from companies other than Easton, you're missing out on good sticks. Bauer makes great sticks.

While the RBZ didn't blow me away, I see no reason to discount CCM twigs out of hand.

I did try the vapour line sticks but I felt something dropped off since the XXX. To each their own.

I did try the vapour line sticks but I felt something dropped off since the XXX. To each their own.

My point is just that Easton is no longer the undisputed heavyweight champion of the OPS world. 8 years ago I wouldn't have bought anything but a Synergy, but there's a lot of competition for them now.

My son just participated in the CCM Skills Camp where they got to try out all the new top of the line CCM products. He currently wears all Warrior protective(hustler) and Bauer one-100 skates. And he uses a Warrior Widow stick. He was given a set of U+cl skates. He has since gone back to his Bauers as they are just a better fit. They are a really nice product CCM must realise that one skate does not fit all and will need to expand there line like Bauer for multiple foot type's. He liked the new RBZ stick but not enough to want one when the come out as he still perfered his Widow. But he did love the U+cl shoulder pads and elbow pads. Which we have just bought to replace his Warrior shoulders and elbow pads. The elbows just don't slide around like the Warrior ones. And when it comes to the shoulder pads there is no comparison when it comes to the weight difference. I have no doubt the the warrior pad offers better protection but i'm sure the CCM's are no slouches in that department.

My sons CCM camp is this weekend and we have received his U+CL skates as well. The skates don't fit his foot either (too wide) and we surely didn't like the build quality of the skates either. The skate shop shimmed the holders to get them aligned but they are a mess and wouldn't let him get another pair. I went to my regular sharpener to get them resharpened and said he would have told me to send them right back if he knew I could get another pair by Saturday. He cursed the bent blades (holders) and said he already refused to profile 2 pairs for the CCM camp that evening. I just wanted a sharpen and told him to do the best he could as we will be going back to his Bauer’s as well next week.

My point is just that Easton is no longer the undisputed heavyweight champion of the OPS world. 8 years ago I wouldn't have bought anything but a Synergy, but there's a lot of competition for them now.

I couldn't agree more, Easton had the game on lock all the way up until about 2007 in my opinion, while others were beginning to come around, still nothing seemed to beat Easton. If you ask me, Bauer seems to hold the crown for now, but the clear cut leader is no longer in existence. The RBZ may just be another "O-stick", with the whole Taylor Made ploy. The O-stick was pretty new and cool for all of a couple weeks, but hype died down and they were on clearance with in the year.

My sons CCM camp is this weekend and we have received his U+CL skates as well. The skates don't fit his foot either (too wide) and we surely didn't like the build quality of the skates either. The skate shop shimmed the holders to get them aligned but they are a mess and wouldn't let him get another pair. I went to my regular sharpener to get them resharpened and said he would have told me to send them right back if he knew I could get another pair by Saturday. He cursed the bent blades (holders) and said he already refused to profile 2 pairs for the CCM camp that evening. I just wanted a sharpen and told him to do the best he could as we will be going back to his Bauer’s as well next week.

Sorry to hear that. The skates we got had no quality issues what so ever he just didn't like them. But the camp CCM ran was very good. Your son will get alot from it. Lots of good info especially on the nutritional front.