Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins89

CCM making a comeback?

I won't wear anything but my CL gloves. Been through 3 pairs already. Absolutely love the fit/finish and they are pretty easily broken in.

I also still wear my CCM Tacks from high school(I'm 31 now) for ice. Probably bought them in 1997, maybe 98.

I went to the U+CL shoulders and elbows about 6 months ago and love them. CCM has definitely gained some cred in my book. I was looking at the top Bauer and RBK gear, but liked the CCM fit/mobility better, and man it was a great choice. I'll consider CCM for gloves and skates next time based on this experience..

I used to be bauer or no wear. but im open to anything thats comfy now. Like my new easton gloves and stick...both are sweet. Im down with trying the new ccm protective gear.

Little bit off-topic, but CCM is making a huge push in goalie gear this season, including the first new Michel Lefebvre mask designs in more than two decades. The really interesting part is that most of the major changes between the Reebok pads and the CCM pads -- namely the flat medial gusset designed by Patrick Lefebvre, as opposed to the classic round medial gusset (or medial roll) of his father Michel -- were driven by Carey Price's input. Basically, CCM is making a huge push, and a very high-profile one.

Little bit off-topic, but CCM is making a huge push in goalie gear this season, including the first new Michel Lefebvre mask designs in more than two decades. The really interesting part is that most of the major changes between the Reebok pads and the CCM pads -- namely the flat medial gusset designed by Patrick Lefebvre, as opposed to the classic round medial gusset (or medial roll) of his father Michel -- were driven by Carey Price's input. Basically, CCM is making a huge push, and a very high-profile one.
My son was commenting on the fact that all Subans' visible goalie gear was CCM at the World Juniors.

My son and I both wear a mix of gear from various manufacturers, decision and purchases based on what works and not who made it. CCM makes a few of our favorite pieces of equipment. He has U+12 skates and older U+ Pro elbow pads and I have U+CL gloves. He needs new skates and will be getting U+CL or the new CCM model out this spring and my CL gloves aren't going anywhere.

For you guys that have the U+ CL pants, are the thigh pads one piece or 2 piece (like they are on Tackla pants)? And, does your jersey get snagged in the spine protector?

Have been noticing quite a few more NHLers wearing the CCM V08 or V10 helmet this season. A lot of guys in the Buffalo game earlier today had them one and I have noticed quite a few Coyotes wearing them as well. I wonder if it because of the deal with the AHL so a lot of guys are wearing them there and are just sticking with what they are used to.

I see a lot of V08/V10s as well... the foam in the v08 is better than the foam in the 4500 in my opinion... I have one each and I like the less thick padding in the v08 better personally

For you guys that have the U+ CL pants, are the thigh pads one piece or 2 piece (like they are on Tackla pants)? And, does your jersey get snagged in the spine protector?

don't have the CL's, but have tried them on and am currently wearing the CS that has the same spine protector. yes, the thigh pads are 2-piece as are the pants themselves, and yes, my jersey does tend to get hung up on the spine protector every now and again...no biggie though.

Are there any indications of when they intend to release a new lineup, the u+cl lineup is approaching 2 years old now and i was thinking something new must be in the pipeline ??

ccm-rbz-skates.jpg

Cool! I like the look of them. Havent seen anyone in the NHL use them yet. Wonder how the new holder and runner are, dropped the e pro holder.. Allthough this skate might just be a prototype, I dunno...

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo but is it just me or does that RBZ skate look more shallow with a lower height toe cap than the current U+ series? I like the eyelets...they have to be better than the current U+ series. I bent several of them when i had the U+12s.

I was going to order the U+CL skates because of the clearance prices (to make way for the RBZ skates no doubt), but now I'm reconsidering waiting...Decisions Decisions :wacko:

Most of the big and small companies bring the newest stuff to lets play hockey exp in St. Paul MN. It is a great show. CCM has a big area every year.

We were hoping to have a presence there this year but it doesn't make financial sense for us to do so at this time.

If looks were all that mattered, that RBZ skate is pure awesome (though I'd throw an LS2 holder on there...)

Little if topic, but... How does putting an LS2 on other boots cause then to feel on the ice/will it feel like a Bauer height and pitch wise?

I am interested in the RBZ after hearing they are more generous on wide and flat feet with high volume than Supreme. One worry has been a matter of adjusting to a different pitch/holder... I've been in my two pairs of Total Ones the past the seasons, my longest run yet.

Heard last night that, thanks to the popularity of the RBZ, CCM sticks are supposedly tied for first in the NHL with Bauer. However, not sure if that is CCM stand-alone or Reebok-CCM.

Heard last night that, thanks to the popularity of the RBZ, CCM sticks are supposedly tied for first in the NHL with Bauer. However, not sure if that is CCM stand-alone or Reebok-CCM.

That would surprise me, I haven't seen that many of them. No more than a couple per team in the games that I have watched.