Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pbhockey4

Talk of Coyotes moving?

On 3/8/2017 at 0:33 PM, chippa13 said:

I believe people in the area said it was a mistake to move to Glendale the day that it was announced.

I've heard that from several people I know who live or spend time in the area.  But I'm sure that doesn't make the Glendale taxpayers any happier.  

Chippa I think you've said in the past that winning is key to fan engagement and support.  And two playoff series wins in their 20 year history isn't helping with that.  In the short term moving the Coyotes to Quebec or somewhere else with a pre-existing fan base makes sense.  But if the goal is to build a fan base in a non-traditional hockey market, the NHL needs to keep that team in Arizona and find a way to get some success.

With Las Vegas coming into the league next season I wouldn't think the NHL would let Arizona move for a few years. The teams are within easy driving distance of each other and that helps with attendance for both teams and to start building a rivalry.

I really want the Coyotes to succeed. Is their arena lease up after this season? Does anyone know when the vote for SB 1149 is supposed to happen?

7 minutes ago, crow93 said:

I really want the Coyotes to succeed. Is their arena lease up after this season? Does anyone know when the vote for SB 1149 is supposed to happen?

So your kind of people DO exist!

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

So your kind of people DO exist!

Hahaha, I love the game and think they have a pretty nice prospect pool, but they're not my team if that's what you're thinking. I like the presence in "non-traditional markets," like Arizona, Cali, and Florida. I wish the Thrashers were still around too, and can't wait to see what happens in Vegas.

9 hours ago, crow93 said:

Hahaha, I love the game and think they have a pretty nice prospect pool, but they're not my team if that's what you're thinking. I like the presence in "non-traditional markets," like Arizona, Cali, and Florida. I wish the Thrashers were still around too, and can't wait to see what happens in Vegas.

Is your name Gary?