Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gb2254

Graf Skate Sizing

Okay so I'm not a novice player but I have had my Nike Quest 3's for so long I don't remember when I got them. I wear between a 10.5 and 11 shoe. My nike's are size 9D. Yes they hurt like hell but I'm cheap. I am thinking about getting Graf Supra G35s. No one in the state of Tennessee sells Graf anymore so I can't try any on. I know all Graf skates fit different foor styles. All I'm looking for is lsize advice on Grafs from people who have played in them. And again please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot because I have played Division 2 hockey and Jounior A just don't know much about Graf sizing.

For Grafs I go down 1 size from my dress shoe size, and that's typically the best fit, although sometimes a little tight.

I always find Graf toe caps really narrow on most of their models.

There is a Graf dealer by me and I am in the shop quite frequently checking out gear and driving them crazy with questions. I have tried on a couple of skates and skated in the G35 size 9.5R for a period. I was skating in Bauer Supreme One60 size 9D, length fit was great but the skate had to much volume. Have a Narrow heel with a narrow to medium size forefoot. What I can offer is that G35's size 9.5R felt very good in the shop and G3's size 9.5N felt a little two tight. Now in hindsight, I should have purchased the G3's because after the breaking in period, my forefoot experience some extra movement. Hope this is helpful. If you want to see pic's of my feet with measurements, PM with your email address and I will send them. Please do not ask me why have pics.

Of course we all know the best way to get a proper fit is to go and try on the skate. That does not appear to be an option from the initial poster so that is way I am providing the above info. Also, i am sure the initial poster can drive himself to the nearest LHS that has Graf but from his initial post it would lead me to believe that is not an option either.

i wear a 10 shoe and 8 in Graf (& Bauer & Reebok). If you're not sure on which size, maybe you can order a few pairs and return the ones that are too small/big? Most online stores seem to have a generous return policy on skates as long as you don't sharpen/use them.

I have a pair of custom built Graf Ultra G35's, which were purchased through West Side Skate in New York City, about 1.5 years ago. My regular shoe size is always 9.5 D width. I tried stock Graf Ultra G35 size 7.5 D, however, one boot was too tight, the other fit perfectly. This led me to look into the possibility of having custom skates constructed to address the sizing issue. The custom Grafs were built to accomodate an approximately 1/2 size difference between my left and right feet. The basic construction was on an Ultra G35 last (size 8 D), with the toe box and forefoot customized to accomodate a slightly different fit, required for each foot. During the process, there were a series of other customized features incorporated in the conmstruction, such as a white felt tongue, relocated eyelets to accomodate a forward placed inner ankle bone, adjusted boot height, interior boot lining, custom formed Sidas Footbeds, Step Steel blades, etc.

At the time (January 2011), the complete customization process cost $150, over the pricing of the underlying Graf model purchased. This was the most well-spent money I have ever comitted to hockey equipment, in over 38 years of play. In just one transaction, which took about 8 weeks from start of the process to delivery, I solved decades of skate issues.

I do not know if Graf would recommend you work with an out of state dealer via phone, email, photos, measurements, etc., but perhaps you could contact their Customer Service in Calgary for guidance and advice. As an alternative, it is my understanding that, each of the major skate manufacturers have similar programs, so perhaps the alternate solution is to find a brand that has the basic characteristics and key features you are looking for, then commit to a customized fitting.

I wear a 12 Shoe and my G35's are a 10N. The G35 is setup for a pronounced narrow heel just FYI.

Same here. 12 Nike and a 10N in a G3. The G35's were way too deep for me.

G35-narrow pronounced heel, medium depth

G3-narrow pronounced heel, shallow depth

Graf length runs approximately a half size small compared to bauer and ccm. lengthwise, i wear 8.0 in both bauer and ccm. for graf, i wear 8.5. almost identical lengths.

I'm in a similar situation - we have Graf retailers nearby but they don't carry the full line and they don't do the full Graf fitting. So I found this online form http://www.brunoshockeyshop.com/pages/skate-fitting-form and that helped a lot. Unfortunately it can't be submitted online to that shop so I copied down all the information and just started emailing a bunch of Graf retailers for their opinions. I also took pictures of my feet and sent them. for the most part I got good feedback.

I also tried to narrow down the options as best I could. The biggest problem is that the Graf website fit chart http://www.brunoshockeyshop.com/pages/skate-fitting-form uses generic terms like shallow/medium/deep and narrow/medium/wide which aren't quantifiable. But with the feedback from fitters I contacted by email I was able to tell my retailer to order some so I could try them on. And they were perfect the first try!

Looking at getting some G3's but there is no one in our country who carry grafs so I'm having to buy over the web and getting them imported. I'm comfortable about which skate I'm getting, just worried about the length.

Foot is 25cm's long, in ice and inline skates I fit Rbk / Bauer / Easton / CCM size 6 and in inline a RX60 or Alkali in 6.5. Toes just feather end with laces undone. Anyone out there with similar boots that they can compare to a G3 for length? From what I've read they seem similar in length to RX60's or Alkali's which would mean I need a 6.5?

I took a look at our Graf brannock and 25cm falls just a couple mm over size 6.5. Of course the actual skate might be a little bit different than the brannock depending on production. I find this brannock quite accurate to Graf sizing though. I took a pic of a ruler on the brannock and I can upload it later tonight for you.

Here you are:

photo.jpg

Based on my measurements and actual sizing in Graf boots I'd assume that you could probably go with a 6.5 and stretch it if necessary.

While the Graf brannock is fairly accurate, it's not exact, so please don't take this as anything more than an educated guess.

I'd always suggest sizing down a little bit because you can always stretch, but never shrink a boot.

If you were in person I'd probably even try a 6 on you to see how it fit, but since you need to order these online without trying them, 6.5 would be "safer" in my opinion.

I'd say they are not the same length as Rbk. I have some pro stock Rbk 7k's and some retail 11k's, both are size 6 for me. Same in inline skates, Rbk size 6.

I've always found Graf to be 1/2 up from Bauer/CCM/Reebok and on par with Easton.

For instance, I'm a 10.5 in Bauer/CCM/Reebok and 11 in Graf and Easton. I did find that I am a 10.5 on the Mako, but that is a different skate from standard Easton boots.

I've always found Graf to be 1/2 up from Bauer/CCM/Reebok and on par with Easton.

Thanks, I just fit 6.5 Easton SE16 (would really like a 6 3/4) so that pretty much points me in the direction of a 6.5 Graf with maybe a small stretch.

My recent experience. I've worn Bauer (one95 currently) and CCM all my life in size 7. I just recently purchased some Graf g7 size 7 and they are exactly a half size too small for me.

I've always been a 7 in both Graf and Bauer, which makes sense given that my "custom" size in a Bauer is probably closer to a 6 3/4 or 6 7/8. At any rate, trying the skates on is really the best way to determine ideal fit.