Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IniNew

NHL Players Mock LeBron James for "toughness"...

Good. It almost looked like he was "flaunting" it or looking for attention at times. Ledrama.

Oh, and if anyone tries to compare this to Jordan's performance in the NBA Finals when he had the flu, I might flip.

Well at least he didn't get carted off in a wheel chair then come running out of the tunnel 5 minutes later like nothing happened.

Cough Paul Pierce cough

I absolutely loved it when I saw this article this morning. Its one thing for us to always say it, but when it gets proven like this it makes it all the more merrier

Anyone remember where Crosby was during the 3rd period of Game 7 of the 09 finals? Certainly wasn't on the ice.

He wasn't carrying on like he was dying with a camera in his face though.

The NBA has gotten pretty bad with the way these players embellishing everything. You get players like Pierce & Wade needing wheelchairs to get off the court.

He wasn't carrying on like he was dying with a camera in his face though.

The NBA has gotten pretty bad with the way these players embellishing everything. You get players like Pierce & Wade needing wheelchairs to get off the court.

Agreed, its not just Lebron its the entire league, its a joke. Its the pretty much tied for the least physical of the major sports and they flop and complain about the weakest stuff.

Actually, it's quite physical, because they are constantly getting elbowed, kneed or knocked to the ground without any padding other than the sleeves they've begun to wear. That said, it seems like flopping is epidemic, and maybe has become worse with the European influence. I'm not saying the Europeans aren't as tough, but they seem to grow up in a culture (hockey, soccer and basketball) that accepts diving.

There is one player who has impressed me, because he gets knocked to the ground so much when going to the basket (sort of how Allen Iverson used to be), and he proved his toughness last year: Rajon Rondo. Last year in the playoffs, he hyperextended his elbow pretty gruesomely, to the point I told the family when they came downstairs, "It looks like Rondo might be done for the playoffs." Twenty minutes later, he was back out with a sleeve. On one play, he dove for a loose ball, started to put his arm out to cushion his fall, then realized he wouldn't be able to support his weight, so he flipped himself in midair to make sure he landed on the other shoulder.

Have always hated flopping to the point it should be a 10 min misconduct with 4 min shorthanded and score as many as possible as if the infraction was a major. No need for any of that crap in the game of hockey. Basketball and soccer are in the mess they are because the flopping is out of control.

this reminds me of the video of the soccer/football player that doesnt dive

if more of them played like this i might actually be able to stand watching it..

Actually, it's quite physical, because they are constantly getting elbowed, kneed or knocked to the ground without any padding other than the sleeves they've begun to wear.

Yeah but that's called street ball. NOT the NBA. I agree with the Iverson comment though, he was one of my favorites.

if more of them played like this i might actually be able to stand watching it..

this is fantastic, i liked him already but this compilation proves he's not a pussy, and is playing with integrity of being a man in the sport of football. Other Football players should take note.

I tried watching some NBA games right after watching a few NHL playoff games. I couldn't do it. I was embarassed for the players the way the NBA is played right now.

There is one player who has impressed me, because he gets knocked to the ground so much when going to the basket (sort of how Allen Iverson used to be), and he proved his toughness last year: Rajon Rondo. Last year in the playoffs, he hyperextended his elbow pretty gruesomely, to the point I told the family when they came downstairs, "It looks like Rondo might be done for the playoffs." Twenty minutes later, he was back out with a sleeve. On one play, he dove for a loose ball, started to put his arm out to cushion his fall, then realized he wouldn't be able to support his weight, so he flipped himself in midair to make sure he landed on the other shoulder.

He's a gamer, really like watching him play.

Messi is the best futbol player in the world. His balance is unreal. This video shows that you don't have to dive in to play the game. The problem is that officials allow this epidemic to grow.

Messi is the best futbol player in the world. His balance is unreal. This video shows that you don't have to dive in to play the game. The problem is that officials allow this epidemic to grow.