Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

And it's a shame, because it's probably my all time favorite curve.

Definitely a shame to hear, I like this curve a lot but I really wish it was a Warrior lie 5 instead of 4.

By the way, which one is closer to his usual pro curve? Smyth? It's been such a long time since I last used Smyth...

It's been a bit since I've used both so I would be going off memory. If the member 'cemetery' follows this thread, he'd be a great person to ask.

Definitely a shame to hear, I like this curve a lot but I really wish it was a Warrior lie 5 instead of 4.

+1

almost ready to pull the trigger and order a dt1. looking at the w88 it says the lie is 4? bauer shows a p88 as a 6? just a different measuring method? or not an exact copy?

almost ready to pull the trigger and order a dt1. looking at the w88 it says the lie is 4? bauer shows a p88 as a 6? just a different measuring method? or not an exact copy?

exactly the same.

mmm, you sure about that? a warrior lie 4 is usually a lie 5 compared to bauer/easton

i've used the w88 since it was introduced, and the p88 for the last 5 years. yes, i'm sure.

Cool! Thanks for answering. Just so hesitant to switch from bauer. I was completely unhappy with the total one and the grip version of the nexus is way too much for me. I just need to take the plunge.

a warrior lie 4 is usually a lie 5 compared to bauer/easton

No, it isn't but that doesn't stop people from repeating it constantly.

Different method.

Warrior measures their lies with the heel of the blade down. Less rocker on the bottom will give you numbers more consistent with the rest of the industry. The larger the rocker the farther off it will be when compared to other brands.

I loved my Dolomite, Diablo and Widow until their blade broke. Would really like to try the DT1!

Hey Miseaujeu when and where could I find the DT1 in the EU? Tried to find a retailer on the website but it says coming soon. No luck with hockey money EU either.

If the Widow is more of a mid kick does it still compare with the Covert or did they change it? What does the Covert and widow compete with ont he bauer side?

If the Widow is more of a mid kick does it still compare with the Covert or did they change it? What does the Covert and widow compete with ont he bauer side?

Widow with Dagger Taper is a Super Low Flex point stick. Covert with Dagger Taper, has the same characteristics for flex point.

Widow with Dagger Taper is a Super Low Flex point stick. Covert with Dagger Taper, has the same characteristics for flex point.

So what could I expect to be different? I am on my last couple pro stocks from Chris Kelly of the Boston Bruins. Feel free to PM if there is something different in his sticks

Widow with Dagger Taper is a Super Low Flex point stick.

In my experience, most of the super low flex point sticks play very stiff relative to their marked flex. That is not the case with the widow.

In my experience, most of the super low flex point sticks play very stiff relative to their marked flex. That is not the case with the widow.

Completely agreed, the puck doesn't fly off it as quickly as an RS does, but the overall consistency sets it apart for me.

what about the covert?

Miseaujeu

Today i receive Warrior Covert DT1, cut them and check it:

OMbs57kH.jpg

Manufacturing defect? Return to shop tomorrow...

Thanks...

Miseaujeu

Today i receive Warrior Covert DT1, cut them and check it:

OMbs57kH.jpg

Manufacturing defect? Return to shop tomorrow...

Thanks...

Yes...please return asap. Sorry for the inconvenience...not acceptable.

A guy at work was given a DT1 by the rep and when shooting it, he said the blade felt almost too stiff as he likes to shoot off the toe and uses the whip of the blade to shoot. Has anyone else experienced this or is this just his opinion...