Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

So there I am at the Avalanche informal skate session, and I figured I'd sanp a few photos of Erik Johnson wearing the Easton Mako skates. Nothing earth shattering, but close up in action. The bottoms of the skates look like the old MLX skates with that clothy material. They must be new to him, because he was showing a bunch of different players the tendon gaurd, and pointing to the skates a lot.

20130109-CN8A6729-L.jpg

20130109-CN8A6754-L.jpg

Shot a bunch more pics, but there were only about 12 guys there. Landeskog was wearing what looked exactly like his old CL's, with the only difference I could see being a big capital CL on the tendon gaurds.

There might be more new stuff, but I am not sure. You can check the link below if you want to see more photos.

http://www.monmouthsportsphotos.com/Other/2013-Avalanche-Informal/27485353_j9px59#!i=2312611925&k=B4Hkfpv

Building on the MLX design..I didn't think that meant they were attempting to make an even uglier skate.

Somehow, it seems less offensive in person. Hard to believe, I know, but somehow it was...

Guess this would go here. Taylor Hall is going to Bauer this year.

Hall said on Twitter he was "Going to be wearing Bauer gear this year" and was using a 5100 helmet at practice today (still had his Easton gloves though)

Not that hard to believe when you start a season losing a few key players to hand injuries. I've spoken with one of the NYR EQM's about it. He said gloves aren't as protective as they were when made out of leather. NYR Management mandated the added padding across the entire orginazation to protect their investments. Richards may have skated for a season because the ZAirs he wears are pretty beefy (old style glove).

hard to believe, but somehow the rangers management managed to force some of the players i guess.

Guess this would go here. Taylor Hall is going to Bauer this year.

With as many new gear sightings as we'll probably have in the next week to 10 days, do we really need to get on the "[insert player] is now wearing [insert company]" already?

With as many new gear sightings as we'll probably have in the next week to 10 days, do we really need to get on the "[insert player] is now wearing [insert company]" already?

I always remember it happening before on the board, so didn't think it would be a problem. If it was a single change I wouldn't have posted, but figured an entire change was worth the mention (besides skates, which he was already in)

When the guy has his name on a pattern and jumps ship, it's pretty significant.

I thought Hall signed a deal with Easton? What about the Hall pattern? Seems weird to me.

He did. Probably part of the reason they rebranded their sticks to a pattern number instead of name, can't keep sponsors on board. Zetterberg, Hall, Chara all switched pretty soon after signing with them.

I'm just glad to see St. Louis in a shield. guy takes a skate blade right between the eyes and still (at the time) wouldn't put on facial protection. crazy.

Was it this one?

17E3F6DD13E056FDEDBA833566B.jpg

Or this one?

mslftwthumb_copy.jpg