Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Ribeiros SE16's are on eBay. Bought 3 of them I wish i had 30 there absolute beauts.

I understand that companies must keep moving things forward, but between all the pro's and non-pro's who still swear by the SE16 (myself included), I wish they would have kept it around somehow. Paint it different, call it something else, I don't care....I just want that stick back. I have one left that is hanging on for life at this point, and nothing I've used since has compared.

Couldn't agree more the EQ50 and Mako 1 are duds in comparison, the Mako 2 should have just been an SE16 with new graphics.

I also am missing the SE16, I loved that stick. Which makes me wonder, why doesn't Easton put out a re-issue of a "classic" stick? They do this with guitars all the time.

I'm in the same boat with SE16 lovers. I've only ever used one and it was Tyler Kennedy's painted as an EQ. Loved the way it felt shooting, I still have it as a 2 piece since the blade got caught in Zam doors. :sad:

Ribeiro spotted using a Mako at Caps camp.......... perhaps the beloved SE16 is making an exit :ohmy:

I have it on good authority he was back with his SE16's as of Tuesday morning's skate against the Reading Royals and then through today's camp. A black/Silver variety. Haven't seen him using anything else since.

Ribeiros SE16's are on eBay. Bought 3 of them I wish i had 30 there absolute beauts.

Couldn't agree more the EQ50 and Mako 1 are duds in comparison, the Mako 2 should have just been an SE16 with new graphics.

Slightly off topic, but I have some of SPezza's SE16's and a new Mako II. The Mako II feels very similar as does the blade feel in my opinion. You may want to give it a try, just a little lighter.

the mako 2 feels similar to the se16, but shoots better. i also really like the new raised grip. i think the original mako was a pretty bad stick that reminded me of the original stealth (loses pop quickly, weak blade)

I have it on good authority he was back with his SE16's as of Tuesday morning's skate against the Reading Royals and then through today's camp. A black/Silver variety. Haven't seen him using anything else since.

i thought i read that easton will no longer be making older models for players anymore so it will be interesting to see what happens when his stockpile runs out

I bought a mako 2. Agree its close but something about it feels pingy to me. Not sure if pingy is a word or not. Just doesn't have that same feel. Kind of like a one95 where it just feels right that's an SE16. Both those twigs should be in a hall of fame. Sorry for being off topic!

noticed john tavares has been wearing an adidas undershirt during camp. don't recall ever seeing anyone in the nhl wearing anything but reebok, underarmour or bauer base layers. not sure if i'm reading too much into this (especially with all the strange gear sightings due to the lockout with guys wearing old equipment or equipment obtained from playing overseas), but is this the precursor to something else coming up the pipeline in the nhl? any connection with jt being a ccm poster boy and adidas being the parent company?

would not surprise me, I did not attend the scrimmage this morning so I wouldn't be able to confirm... but I did see him using the mako in a recap video of a practice on the Caps website... the day I went he was using a black/silver SE16

I bought a mako 2. Agree its close but something about it feels pingy to me. Not sure if pingy is a word or not. Just doesn't have that same feel. Kind of like a one95 where it just feels right that's an SE16. Both those twigs should be in a hall of fame. Sorry for being off topic!

After playing with the stick again tonight, I see what you mean. The blade has more of a pingy feel for me when it comes in contact with the ice, but not as much with the puck. I think it is because my SE16's had a thicker blade and the blade on my Mako II is pretty thin. It reminds me of the old days, the SE16 was like a big thick CHristian wood blade and the Mako II was like a bauer wood blade. It has more of a crisp feel, but natural. I guess it is not that off topic since it is a new stick and we won't have NHL stuff to really get into for a few more days. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick!

But I do love the E28 curve and the Mako II.

noticed john tavares has been wearing an adidas undershirt during camp. don't recall ever seeing anyone in the nhl wearing anything but reebok, underarmour or bauer base layers. not sure if i'm reading too much into this (especially with all the strange gear sightings due to the lockout with guys wearing old equipment or equipment obtained from playing overseas), but is this the precursor to something else coming up the pipeline in the nhl? any connection with jt being a ccm poster boy and adidas being the parent company?

It wouldn't surprise me with the Adidas/CCM relationship (well, ownership).

After playing with the stick again tonight, I see what you mean. The blade has more of a pingy feel for me when it comes in contact with the ice, but not as much with the puck. I think it is because my SE16's had a thicker blade and the blade on my Mako II is pretty thin. It reminds me of the old days, the SE16 was like a big thick CHristian wood blade and the Mako II was like a bauer wood blade. It has more of a crisp feel, but natural. I guess it is not that off topic since it is a new stick and we won't have NHL stuff to really get into for a few more days. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick!

But I do love the E28 curve and the Mako II.

That's too funny, I was just comparing Stealth II and Mako II families yesterday; the overall feel, kick points etc. General consensus was a pingy feel in the Mako II but I felt it throughout the entire stick. I'm thinking it's caused by the Kevlar Wrap (RS) vs Uni-Carbon (Mako II) as well as the new 4-rib blade construction in the Mako II. I'm pretty pleased with the performance of the Mako II we'll just have to see how the life span on them hold up.

I understand that companies must keep moving things forward, but between all the pro's and non-pro's who still swear by the SE16 (myself included), I wish they would have kept it around somehow. Paint it different, call it something else, I don't care....I just want that stick back. I have one left that is hanging on for life at this point, and nothing I've used since has compared.

This is how I, and a lot of others on here, feel about the XN10.

This is how I, and a lot of others on here, feel about the XN10.

Let's start a revolution. Protest to get these sticks back. SE16 XN10. I'd be first in line and camp out if either of these were re released.

You guys are nuts:

SE and SL > SE16

What is funny is that I did a search on MSH for SE16, and the thoughts were not as stellar as one may think; they were saying the same thing then what you're saying now.

What is funny is that I did a search on MSH for SE16, and the thoughts were not as stellar as one may think; they were saying the same thing then what you're saying now.

Yup, and NONE of them were close to the one95...if anything they were closer to the X:60/APX.

That's absolutely correct Chadd, the SL had a problem with blade durability in the heel, the SE addressed that.

I thought the SL had decent pop, just some durability issues with the blade.

I broke more of these than any other series of sticks. Still - one of my favorite feeling shafts; was it me or did the grip feel more rounded than the non-grip?

Let's start a revolution. Protest to get these sticks back. SE16 XN10. I'd be first in line and camp out if either of these were re released.

Haha, if only. The closest thing I've found to the XN10 since has been the original Dolomite. Loved that stick, even if I had crappy luck with them. Split the blade on two different sticks, for a guy who rarely breaks sticks.

Interesting to see Kovy in a BASE.