Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Traveling To Montreal

Heading to Montreal in December, hopefully to see Canadiens/Leafs, but wanted to know of any good places to go: night clubs, bars, restaurants, places to see etc...

Crescent St. and St. Catherine have tons of places. Ziggy's is cool post game. Some of the media guys go there. Had a great chat with the Habs English radio play by play guy one night and The CBC crew was there later. There is an Irish pub not far from there that was packed pre game...probably worse post game.There is also a pretty big selection of velvet rope, douchey night club places too. I've always been the Sports bar kind...so I stuck to those type places.

I'm not even gonna bother recommending any restaurants...I know the city is full of great, historic places...but I never get to any of them. Partly for lack of time and mostly for lack of cash. I end up eating at places like the Bar-B-Barn.

If that Irish pub is the one that the Mrs and I stumbled upon then I second the recommendation. Great chow.

couple of blocks up from bell centre? If so, thirded.

We go to Ye Olde Orchard, on de la Montagne, for dinner before each game when we're up there. We stay right at the Sheraton, so it's right around the corner, and just a block up from the Bell.

I second Au Pied du Cochon, also Liverpool House, la Banquise, les 3 Brasseurs, of course Schwartz's...my favourite beers are Fin du Monde, Trois Pistoles, and Boreale Noir...

We go to Ye Olde Orchard, on de la Montagne, for dinner before each game when we're up there. We stay right at the Sheraton, so it's right around the corner, and just a block up from the Bell.

That's where I went. Stayed at the Sheraton, it was right around the corner

We just went about six weeks ago, and I could give suggestions of the places we liked, but these are more family friendly. How many and what ages are in the group?

well I mean there the classics:

La banquise for poutine

Smoked meat at Schwartz's

many canadian beers are good

a whole bunch of things happening on mount-royal & saint catherine streets not mentioning place des arts.

We just went about six weeks ago, and I could give suggestions of the places we liked, but these are more family friendly. How many and what ages are in the group?

Just me and my buddy, we're both 28.

Anything good to see up there, I'm thinking a tour of the Bell Centre since there won't be a game...

My wife and I are heading up for the Capitals game this Saturday and it's our first trip up with our 7 month old daughter. We had been just thinking of getting up to Montreal about 1-2pm, putzing around, then going to dinner and the game, but now we're thinking of heading up Friday and doing activities for her during the day. Are there any recommendations on things to do, that are catered specifically to younger kids? We'll be staying at the Sheraton, across the street from the Bell, so the closer to that the better, ie walking distance, but we have no problem driving places.

This isn't walking distance from your hotel so you would have to either drive there or take the subway (there's a subway station right near the biodome) but it might be worth checking out, anyway.

http://espacepourlavie.ca/en

This is all around the olympic stadium where you could ride the funicular to the top of the stadium tower to get a great view of the city.

From what I read, the botanical gardens' greenhouse is filled with butterflies until April 28th.