Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

I really hope they disperse the impact like the MLX do. I took a helluva slapshot right off the front of my foot in my MLX last night and barely felt a thing. I have no doubt I'd be looking at a fractured or badly bruised toe if I'd been wearing my old skates.

I would love to have a pair pop up for a Long Term Review. My Kor Shift2s are pretty much shot.

It's funny you should mention the Kor Shift 2s. My left skate finally bit the dust two nights ago. The whole front of the boot where the seam is came apart from the rest of the skate. Luckily I have still have my old pair that are in decent shape.

I've been so happy with my gear choices that I haven't really paid much attention to a lot of the newer stuff coming out. But these Easton Mako skates really have me interested if the time comes that new skates are needed.

I am eyeing these for my new cowlings in a big, big way...

Yup, I already have 5 conversions lined up, including me! Was ready to do it with a MLX but then concussion happened, so I held off.

This is not my listing, but saw a pair posted on Craig's, thought someone might be interested here. If this is against the rules feel free to delete, was just trying to help hook someone here up....

Edited by Chadd
link removed

This is not my listing, but saw a pair posted on Craig's, thought someone might be interested here. If this is against the rules feel free to delete, was just trying to help hook someone here up....

I'm VERY tempted because I think I'd end up being a size 9, but I'm just not sure about pulling the trigger because I vacillate between 9 and 9.5 depending on the manufacturer.

Edited by Chadd
link removed

Damn, that's my size, too. Well current size. I have a feeling I'll be going down half a size when I have a better fitting skate.

genik: theyre less ugly in person. The orange really pops in photos.

Sounds like someone is selling a shop's sample pair.

Edited by Chadd
link removed

I think that I may have baked those for a person. I don't know for sure as I don't know the sellers name but someone brought a pair of Makos in like 2 weeks ago and he was from St Louis Park. They felt like a lot more skate than I was expecting. Can't wait for the release!

These are incredibly ugly.

I thought so too, but they've grown on me considerably. I'd probably end up blacking out that Home Depot Orange. It seems the trend is for hot colors, and I can guess why that is from a marketing standpoint, but I'd love a classic blue or something, like on the One90. I'll gladly try them out if I can afford to.

Edited by flip12

I think they're a bit ugly too, but I could really care less if the fit and performance work for me. These skates really intrigue me, first skates in quite awhile that are making me seriously consider replacing my current pair, I love the idea of a skate that focuses on maximizing your range of motion. It'll all depend on the fit, though.