Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Anything near Doylestown, PA?

There are a few rinks within a reasonable drive but I can't comment on the quality of the pickup there.

Buck County Ice Sports Center (Face-Off), Hatfield and Warwick are within 20 mins of Doylestown. Like Chadd said, I'm not sure the quality of pick up hockey but I know there are plenty of opportunities to play.

Hatfield is the best of the three. I played my high school hockey at all three. Hatfield has a really strong high school team play there (LaSalle) and a strong AA travel team (Ice Dogs). Those kids play pick up there a lot and they have pretty competitive adult leagues. During the winter break a lot of my friends play pick up there (D1, D3, USHL, EJ, D1 club). The pro shop there isn't very great and I dont like my skates sharpened there. They use an automated arc machine or something, at least last time I got sharpened there.

Center Ice in Oaks is a little further out but has a better proshop. Probably 30 miles / 1 hour from doylestown.

No need to come down to Oaks (inconsistent proshop mgmt). Total Hockey opened up near Hatfield (North Wales) so you should have everything available near D-town. And how many friends do you have haha? Didn't know that many players came out of Hatfield Ice.

M.O.M.S. upstairs is probably your best all around bet, try to go on a craft beer special night or when they have live music. Puck is good for outdoors, but it's getting a bit cold for that. Bobby's put in a wine bar now, used to be very fun, haven't been since that change over. Whatever you do, do not ever go downstairs at Stef's. Upstairs probably has your best tap selection on Main. Oh, hm, rinks, I'd say weekend nights at Hatfield is your best bet for quality of competition, but you're going to end up with a pretty large turn out and a good amount of high school kids. High school kids are just the worst.

I'm actually taking the winter off from coaching high school because of the move. I'll miss it. I'm still playing with my one team on Wednesday nights back home, I was just wondering if there's anything decent I could hop in on when I'm bored and have some downtime.

Do any of these rinks have websites?

Very, welcome. I did see you'll be with family, but if you have any more questions about the area and its surroundings, let me know. I have been a resident for over 14 years.

No need to come down to Oaks (inconsistent proshop mgmt). Total Hockey opened up near Hatfield (North Wales) so you should have everything available near D-town. And how many friends do you have haha? Didn't know that many players came out of Hatfield Ice.

Havent heard about the Total Hockey opening up. Thats great news. Im up at school in NY so my trips down there are limited now a days.

I went to LaSalle from 2005-2009 and a lot of that team went on to bigger and better things. some really good players coming from that area lately.

Hm, I liked Jeff at the Warwick rink. Not sure if he's still there, otherwise try BC Ice, but do a good enough job vetting the sharpener. If it's Frank you're fine, but the younger guys can be hit or miss. Best bet for weekday ice is the stick and puck and open hockey from 10-2 at Hatfield. A lot of times during the week you can get the whole ice from 10-12 for $10.

Sorry to jump into this post much, much later. I like Hatfield Ice and Wintersport because their ice is consistently better than the other places. Pick up is ok at Hatfield depending on time of year. As someone may have already said, Hatfield Ice has pro shop issues as they never seem to be open before open hockey. I get my skates cut at The Hockey House (by Mike) or at Total Hockey. TH is usually pretty good and they bake your skates for free.

Anyone hear of new multi-sport facility opening up in Conshohocken? One of my buddies on my adult league team told me about it but I haven't seen anything on the internet. It seems like it's suppose to mimic BodyZone in Reading.