Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MC6694

New Guy

Hello everyone. First off if this is the wrong place for this please move it or delete it and let me know where to post.

My name is Jesse I live in MD and have been playing pickup hockey for a little over a year now. I am originally from New Hampshire and have always loved hockey and regret not playing competitively as a kid. I have terrible Stick skills but luckily I am a decent skater as I have skated before. I play as often as I can at the Naval Academy rink here in Annapolis MD and am fortunate enought to have friends that coach and work there so I get a lot of free ice time.

Little random info about me I am a Marine (no longer active duty) and my cousin is the coach of the Eastern Kodiaks Jr Hockey Club in NH (wayne sheehan possibly some of the members on here know him). I have heard some rumors that my Grandfather on the Sheehan side of the family played in the Bruins farm organization back in the day but have not been able to validate that. I know he loved hockey so I guess it runs in the blood. I look forward to lurking on here and getting info about the game we all love and gear... because I am a gear slut.

-Jesse

Welcome to MSH, Jesse!

Dahlgren Hall is a pretty cool rink - one of my close friends played at Navy and used to tell me about it; I never have skated there though.

Welcome to MSH, Jesse!

Dahlgren Hall is a pretty cool rink - one of my close friends played at Navy and used to tell me about it; I never have skated there though.

Thanks for the welcome. They actually have a new facility that was finished a few years ago. It was built out at the golf course and has a golf pro shop, indoor outdoor tennis, and an olympic sized rink. Nice facility overall but no hockey pro shop:( My girl friend is a Senior at the Academy and plays on the womens hockey team so I am there quite often watching her games and the mens games. I wish they still played in Dahlgren every once in a while. It would be pretty awesome to see a game played there.