Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HBPuckstopper

Windows 8

Was able to score a download and product key of the brand new Windows 8 that hasnt even been released yet. Got it through my school and its the full OS, not the sample thats available online.

At first, it frustrated me beyond reason. The start screen is so different and many things that worked before are different now. The START screen has their Live Tiles that can be seen on the recent windows phone. It creates a great visual and a simple hub for every thing. In messaging, all your text messages, facebook messages, etc are centralized into this one icon. In the Mail icon, you are able to link all your accounts into one location again, All your other programs are available to be put on the new start screen and each start up very quickly.

In addition, apps are available for this screen that can feed news, sports, etc into the icon without even opening it up. Its a very slick system that ive grown to like alot.

Now if youre used to the traditional desktop, dont worry, its still there. Keeping the Windows 7 style, it is avalable on one of the start screen icons.

Theres a ton of other little things ive stumbled upon, i just tought id give a preview of whats coming. heres some screenshots:

Start screen with live tiles:

windows8.jpg

Desktop:

windows82.jpg

Ebay App:

windows83.jpg

So, whatcha think!?!

Having used it in beta and internal development, I personally think it's a usability nightmare and the OS has more memory leaks than Vista did.

But it'll do alright.

I tried it for all of about 5 minutes before killing the install. Makes me happy I ditched Windows a few years ago, seeing what it has become.

It's optimized for touch screens, can't really see a reason to upgrade a desktop or laptop to it.

yeah its pretty much windows 7 for touch screens - and they got rid of the one thing that everyone is used to - the start button.

will people figure it out eventually - sure - but a lot of people arent going to like it - and there isn't any single reason to upgrade to it that i know of..

It's optimized for touch screens, can't really see a reason to upgrade a desktop or laptop to it.

Agreed. On anything with a touch screen though, it's fantastic. Now if only they would produce a Windows phone with decent specs.

Agreed. On anything with a touch screen though, it's fantastic. Now if only they would produce a Windows phone with decent specs.

I wish I could remember the developer that makes this....but there is an Android launcher that turns the OS into a Windows style phone. I'll try to find it again today.