Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

The Style Thread

I didn't see one already, so I thought I'd start a style thread and see what everyone is wearing. Feel free to post your clothing, shoes, watches, hats..whatever!

I'll start er off with my two additions this week. First, a vintage Omega watch my wife bought me for our anniversary. According to the serial number, it's from ~1939.

nmNHvl.png

I'm kind of shocked by how thin men's dress watches were back then. The strap is only 15mm!

And next up are a new pair of Cheaney Arthur III brogues, ordered direct from the shoemaker in the UK:

gXlspl.jpg

J6KjWl.png

If you're interested, you can find these here: http://www.cheaney.c...nished-mahogany

That's it for me for now! What is everyone else sporting?

Love the Cheney's! I have almost all Allen Edmonds except one pair of Crockett and Jones. My best watch is a Japanese Seiko, not quite as nice as your Omega but I told my wife I was thinking of splurging on one for my 40th. I like classic style, hate trendy crap like Tom Ford. Most of my clothes are Brooks Brothers or Lands End but I have suits made to measure at a local tailor. Also, check out Sam Hober for great custom ties.

Love the Cheney's! I have almost all Allen Edmonds except one pair of Crockett and Jones. My best watch is a Japanese Seiko, not quite as nice as your Omega but I told my wife I was thinking of splurging on one for my 40th. I like classic style, hate trendy crap like Tom Ford. Most of my clothes are Brooks Brothers or Lands End but I have suits made to measure at a local tailor. Also, check out Sam Hober for great custom ties.

I'm going to try Black Lapel for my next suit. 100% custom at a good price point. I have a hard time with dress shirts because I'm a big dude (5'9, 240) so with the 18 neck size, and a 33 arm length (and 18/33 is pretty much impossible to get as it is) it makes it tough. Any shirt with an 18 neck size is gonna be HUGE. As backwards as it sounds, I end up having to buy slim fit shirts, otherwise the neck is right but the rest is like im wearing a sail.

Oh, and my shoe trees are all allen edmonds. Theyre inexpensive and you can have them customized with your name :)

Fantastic Brogues Optimus. The craftsmanship looks amazing.

I couldn't be happier. The leather is crazy soft. And they have just enough flaws to tell they're hand made and not mass produced. For those not familiar with Cheaney, here's a video of their factory and how they make their shoes. I'll definitely be buying more from them.

Are you going to install toe/heel taps on them?

Optimus, if you are having so much trouble with dress shirts, then why don't you just buy the correct neck size and get the shirts tailored by someone who knows what they are doing? I have a similar problem, 15" neck size/short arms, and every shirt I buy fits me like a tent. Take it to the tailor and boom, problem solved.

Hmm undecided. Based on the wear pattern of my other shoes, I don't think I need toe taps. And the heel has a rubber section.

As for shirts, I agree. Though I might try the custom route there also.

first person who posts an outfit like this wins at life

fishbone10slv7.jpg

I've done that, but only for Halloween. It may be time to dig around and see if I can find it.

I've done that, but only for Halloween. It may be time to dig around and see if I can find it.

i think you probably would have been my last guess but if you have pics that is hilarious - i would pay to see JR do it - or maybe he would for free :P

Hmm undecided. Based on the wear pattern of my other shoes, I don't think I need toe taps. And the heel has a rubber section.

As for shirts, I agree. Though I might try the custom route there also.

Go made to measure on the shirts as well. By the time you buy a shirt and get it tailored, you still have a shirt with armholes that are too big and maybe patterns that are off and you have paid a bunch of money for a subpar shirt. Get must-iron made to measure and you will have something much better than you can get off the rack.

Go made to measure on the shirts as well. By the time you buy a shirt and get it tailored, you still have a shirt with armholes that are too big and maybe patterns that are off and you have paid a bunch of money for a subpar shirt. Get must-iron made to measure and you will have something much better than you can get off the rack.

Absolutely. Thinking I'm going to go to Black Lapel for a shirt too. We'll see how that goes. They even pay for minor adjustments locally, if required.

Just need to get my measurements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD