Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/152-2013-warrior-hockey-catalogue/

Sticks - New for 2013 is the updated Dynasty line – continuing with the AxySym technology. The Dynasty AX1 has been upgraded in several areas; the biggest changes are on the bottom half of the stick. Starting from the fuse point (HiFused), the lower part of the shaft has been reinforced to prevent twisting, and the blade is the same as what was debuted on the Covert DT1. The matte clear shaft has their Velvet finish, and the SlickGrip (which has a textured feel on one side of the shaft) is the Grip version. AX2 shares the same blade however doesn’t have the shaft reinforcement and the fuse point is lower.

While the AxySym tech goes down to the lowest model, from the AX3 and down, other than weight, you’ll lose one of the spars in the blade.

Covert line carries over for 2013.

The goal sticks carry over for 2013, however, there is a new Swagger stick – which is the TF2. Biggest difference between them is that the regular Swagger has a reinforced heel and comes in more colorways.

Helmets – unchanged

Protective – This is where Warrior went out and made things a little more simple in terms of lines; there will only be one line of protective going forward. Going with their cap technology, which consists of multiple layers of materials to disperse impact and reduce weight, they’ve also changed the liner; they are going with Polygiene, which has been used in other sports equipment to reduce odor and moisture management. The liner’s color is yellow (that is Dynasty’s color, Covert is blue.) The elbow pads are very impressive – if you are one of those guys like me who won’t get rid of their Jofas, this surely makes it tempting to. The shin pads are a bit leaner than previous Warrior shin pads as well, and fit very well.

There will be three models of protective – Dynasty AX1/AX2/AX3, and what’s even better is the price points they are placed at. Also, one of the biggest stories they want to tell this year is fit – Warrior is introducing an intermediate sizing chart – on shoulder pads, they will go Jr S/M, L/XL, Int S/M, Int L/XL, then Sr S-XL. On the shins, they will have an Int 14” and 15” which will be less bulky than their Sr counterparts (although there will be a Sr 15”)

Gloves – Keeping with the line trimming, the Franchise-style gloves remain unchanged, however, the Luxe and Projekt lines have been scrapped. The Covert glove will be a mash-up of those two models; a tapered fit, with the SmartPalm+ palm that was featured on the Projekt glove, and the Bone System padding that was on the Luxe. Other new features include the vented outer, which is mesh-like to the touch. The liner will be their Chillwave, however, will have Polygiene, and is blue. Very good feel out of the box.

Pants – this category has been simplified as well; only one family of pants in the Covert, which is essentially an tweaked Projekt pant - forward-canted, floating waist pad with a dual belt system (you pull down and it tightens, doesn’t go around your waist.) Chillwave/Polygiene liner. Projekt girdle and Bonafide pants carry over from 2012 to round out the line.

Interesting. Like the intermediate sizing options! Now if they could do 13.5" gloves I'd be happy.

JR, just for clarification, with regards to the new Covert glove, is the bone system only on the top of the hands like I believe the Luxe was (as opposed to the full glove like the Projekt based on what I've read here)?

A lot of the new Dynasty protective looks great.

Edited by gerbe3:16

Yes, same as Luxe.

You mean Dynasty protective...

One thing to note; Warrior will no longer be putting lies on their sticks, nor will they be producing multiple lies on patterns.

No Gionta on the AX1 or DT1. My ''Save the Gionta'' campaign was for naught. :mellow:

Also surprised to see the Luxe scrapped. Will they still be pro-options or are you converting everyone to Coverts?

Why surprise? It had been in the lineup for 2 yrs.

There are a number of high-profile players currently in Luxes as of today. Kovalchuk, Anisimov, Spezza, Pavelski, etc..

But I guess there are still guys running around in Creepers too so it shouldn't be an issue..

No Gionta on the AX1 or DT1. My ''Save the Gionta'' campaign was for naught. :mellow:

Also surprised to see the Luxe scrapped. Will they still be pro-options or are you converting everyone to Coverts?

Sorry....Gionta in Dynasty-represented price points was even more dismal sales-wise.

FWIW - The Gionta retail pattern was actually based on an old Demitra pro pattern version...I just noticed your avatar. RIP

Sorry....Gionta in Dynasty-represented price points was even more dismal sales-wise.

FWIW - The Gionta retail pattern was actually based on an old Demitra pro pattern version...I just noticed your avatar. RIP

Thanks Keith. I'm glad I snagged a Gionta in the first gen Dynasty when I did. I guess it's just too niche of a curve for the masses.

Any info when the DT1 hits the customizer? Or is that still down the road?

Thanks Keith. I'm glad I snagged a Gionta in the first gen Dynasty when I did. I guess it's just too niche of a curve for the masses.

Any info when the DT1 hits the customizer? Or is that still down the road?

DT1 Construction is currently live for Custom sticks being built with Dagger Taper Specs. The new blade features will be on all Dagger sticks being produced forward.

For Covert graphics being up as an option on the customizer - I don't have a clear date as yet, but I think it will be Summer'13.

One thing to note; Warrior will no longer be putting lies on their sticks, nor will they be producing multiple lies on patterns.

does that mean all sticks will be built/based off of one standardized lie or does each pattern have its own unique lie, just not marked?

Got to demo the AX1 at WF and was very impressed with the way the stick loaded and released as well as puck feel. And this coming from someone who previously was not a Warrior Stick fan. Really like the protective line, especially the strapping system on the shins. Can see myself purchasing the shoulders, elbows, and shins when they come out. Also glad to hear that the DT1 construction is now live on the customizer. I can live with not having Covert graphics so long as I can can get the DT1 specs on the Zetterberg Pro.

Hmm, were Koncept discontinued last year? My Internet is being stupid slow right now so can't check the 2012 catalogue. If so, I'd better find some more and stock up!

Also, I'm really bummed about the projekt elbow pads being gone. I and many others on this site agree that the Projekt was one of the best out there. I'll have to get my hands on a couple pairs of those, too.

No, Koncept was around last year.

Ah okay, well either way if its gone now I'm going to need to stock up. I FINALLY found a glove I'm 100% happy with :(

Hmm, were Koncept discontinued last year? My Internet is being stupid slow right now so can't check the 2012 catalogue. If so, I'd better find some more and stock up!

Also, I'm really bummed about the projekt elbow pads being gone. I and many others on this site agree that the Projekt was one of the best out there. I'll have to get my hands on a couple pairs of those, too.

Yes, it does look like the Koncept and Projekt lines are going to be discontinued with the exception of the Projekt girdle (and the Covert Pants are tweaked Projekts with a new name). That means the current protective and gloves only lasted one year.

I'm definitely sad to see most of the Projekt protective go - the 2012 Elbows are my favourite elbow pads of all time, I also really like my 2010 Projekt shins and the 2010 Projekt gloves are some of the best I've worn (the 2012 cuff was a bit too closed for me when only trying them on, but probably breaks in a bit after use).

Now, the new Dynasty Shins felt and looked nice when I tried them on at Winterfest (although I'd need a larger size) and will definitely garner consideration when it's time for new shins. The elbow pads there were mediums and I'd probably need a large so I'll withhold judgement on those - they looked nice and had a deep pocket for the elbow so the arm should lock in well, but were two piece pads instead of three like the Projekts and it'd be hard to beat the mobility of the current Projekt elbows. I'll certainly try them on in my size when it's time for new elbows, but I'll also be tempted to pick up another pair of 2012 Projekts when they go on clearance. I didn't try on the shoulders since they were mediums and there's no way I'd squeeze into them, but they did look to be low profile and you could see some similarities between the new shoulders and the Projekts (which felt very mobile and comfortable when I tried them on).

The Polygiene is definitely a nice improvement to the liners if it inhibits the growth of bacteria as well as the catalogue suggests. I was also pleased to see the grip type liner on the AX1 protective. I also think grip should be added to the shins of the long Nutt Hutt under pants - perhaps that can be added for the next revision.

As JR mentioned earlier, the Covert gloves are more closely related to the Luxe than the Projekt - they're basically a tweaked Luxe with the Smart+ palm from the Projekt. The backroll did feel slightly more tapered, but they aren't as snug as the Projekt gloves. I do prefer the cuff of the new Covert to the 2012 Projekt gloves, but still prefer the 2010 Projekts overall (based on simply trying on the Coverts...my opinion might change if I used them). That's just personal preference though - the Coverts definitely looked and felt like a very nice glove.

I'm very happy to see the Projekt Girdle isn't being discontinued. I love that Girdle and already have one backup in my closet. I thought I might have to stock pile a few more, but it looks like I can hold off for now (of course if I see a good deal on one that's my size I'll snap it up).

The focus on fit with the new protective is definitely positive and I could see the intermediate sizes working out well for tall thin people in general - teens are mentioned, but slim women and men will likely also appreciate the size options.

I can see why it would make sense for them to reduce the number of protective lines and eliminate the different lies on sticks. Everyone has their own personal preferences and it's nice to be able to accomidate as many as possible, but from a cost perspective it definitely makes more sense to focus on less options and put products out there that will have mass appeal even though they might not meet every specific preference. Of course from a stick perspective most personal preferences can be met via the customizer (which has the most options I've ever seen at the general consumer level for any product in the hockey industry). I'm certainly very happy the DT1 contruction with a Smyth curve is available via the customizer.

The AX1 socks remind me of the Tactics hockey socks I currently wear, but with different colours. That's a positive thing as I'm very happy with the Tactics socks so it's nice to have another option when it comes to cut resistant socks. Now the Tactics website isn't up (it has said "coming soon" for months) and there hasn't been an update to their Facebook page in quite a while so I'm thinking they either went belly up or perhaps Warrior bought them out and it wasn't widely publicized (if it was mentioned here I didn't notice that thread).

Edited by althoma1

I'm definitely sad to see most of the Projekt protective go - the 2012 Elbows are my favourite elbow pads of all time, I also really like my 2010 Projekt shins and the 2010 Projekt gloves are some of the best I've worn (the 2012 cuff was a bit too closed).

I remember talking w/ you back when I was originally buying my Projekt gloves. I don't know if you saw the thread or not, but the Koncept gloves are pretty much identical on the hand, just a larger cuff. They solve the single complaint I had with my Projekts. Now it looks like I may have to scour clearance sales for some more.

The luxe were fairly comfortable when I tried them on. Not as tight as the projekt/koncept, more the tightness of a bauer supreme. Maybe slightly more loose. I guess I'll try on a pair of Covert gloves and see if they'd work for me. But I'm definitely sad that I finally found something I like, and now its gone :(

The Luxe definitely had a wider backroll than the Supreme gloves - it was more akin to the Vapor in the Bauer line (I thought the Luxe was even slightly wider in the backroll area than the Vapor gloves). The Luxe was a low volume tapered glove, but I found it to be a little wider in the back roll than I prefer. The Covert gloves felt similar to the Luxe, but are slightly narrower in the backroll and like the Luxe they open up in the cuff area. That's only from trying them on once though. They're definitely worth trying on in the store to see if you like the fit.

I did see the show it off thread where you discussed the Koncept gloves. They do sound like a good fit and I might use them for roller or ball hockey, but I'm not sure about ice. I know they have plastic inserts and dual layer foams, but I prefer the bone system and the tri-lam foams that the Projekts have for ice on a regular basis (I did break out the old One90s for Winterfest, but that was because the palms are already beat up on those and I knew I'd be trying sticks with tape. My Projekt gloves have only been used with Tacki Mac and Oggie grips and I didn't want to befoul them with tape). I suffered a broken right ring finger in an ice tournament after taking a hard slap shot off the hand and since then I've taken comfort in the fact that the Projekt gloves use the bone system with tri-lam foams throughout the entire backroll and all the fingers.

I did ask Gary (Vulcan7905) about the 2012 Projekts at Winterfest as he owns a pair that he won at SummerJam and he told me the cuff was tight at first, but breaks in well after use so I may consider a pair of those if I can find my size when they're being cleared out.

I do wish the bone system was used on the entire backroll and all the fingers of the Covert, but it's better to have it down the middle of the glove than not at all and they'll still be one of the more protective gloves on the market.

Edited by althoma1

The Luxe definitely had a wider backroll than the Supereme gloves - it was more akin to the Vapor in the Bauer line (I thought the Luxe was even slightly wider in the backroll area than the Vapor gloves). The Luxe was a low volume tapered glove, but I found it to be a little wider in the back roll than I prefer. The Covert gloves felt similar to the Luxe, but are slightly narrower in the backroll and like the Luxe they open up in the cuff area. That's only from trying them on once though. They're definitely worth trying on in the store to see if you like the fit.

I did see the show it off thread where you discussed the Koncept gloves. They do sound like a good fit and I might use them for roller or ball hockey, but I'm not sure about ice. I know they have plastic inserts and dual layer foams, but I prefer the bone system and the tri-lam foams that the Projekts have for ice on a regular basis (I did break out the old One90s for Winterfest, but that was because the palms are already beat up on those and I knew I'd be trying sticks with tape. My Projekt gloves have only been used with Tacki Mac and Oggie grips and I didn't want to befoul them with tape). I suffered a broken right ring finger in an ice tournament after taking a hard slap shot off the hand and since then I've taken comfort in the fact that the Projekt gloves use the bone system with tri-lam foams throughout the entire backroll and all the fingers.

I did ask Gary (Vulcan7905) about the 2012 Projekts at Winterfest as he owns a pair that he won at SummerJam and he told me the cuff was tight at first, but breaks in well after use so I may consider a pair of those if I can find my size when they're being cleared out.

I do wish the bone system was used on the entire backroll and all the fingers of the Covert, but it's better to have it down the middle of the glove than not at all and they'll still be one of the more protective gloves on the market.

I also have the 2012 projects (obviously). I find the 2012 Koncepts pretty much identical in every way except for the cuff. Maybe I'm missing something.

I honestly didn't mind the tightness off the cuff, but more that it interfered with my elbow pads. Hence moving to the Koncept, that has an identical fit with a wider cuff.

Glad to see a standard shaft offered in 110 and as a deluxe as well. I miss my AK shaft!

Sad to see the Luxe go bye-bye. I will have to track a few pair down before they disappear.

Will the WIz pattern ever be available as a blade?

Edit- The pictures and palm of the COvert gloves have me sold!

Edited by skyscrape