Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

Comcast Sportsnet Chicago is reporting that the Blackhawks will open the season at the Kings on January 19th.

Putting one year instead of two in the topic title just helps remind us what we lost.

So much for rivalry games to start the season. I'm not really a fan of what Bowman has done with the team since he took over as GM. I don't think they're built well for a playoff run, especially on the blue line.

Looks like there will be several division games, five against two teams, four against the other two. Apparently nothing out of conference, though, which certainly affects Original Six matchups.

Looks like there will be several division games, five against two teams, four against the other two. Apparently nothing out of conference, though, which certainly affects Original Six matchups.

Fortunately, Detroit wasn't moved east in the process or the original six thing wouldn't work out well at all for the Hawks

I hope Crawford can clean up his act, maybe get back to his form from the season before last. He may be close to being very good, but that next step may be a tough one.

I hope Crawford can clean up his act, maybe get back to his form from the season before last. He may be close to being very good, but that next step may be a tough one.

He has the potential with the right goalie coach, he may get there. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to make anyone forget about Eddie or Tony O.

So much for rivalry games to start the season. I'm not really a fan of what Bowman has done with the team since he took over as GM. I don't think they're built well for a playoff run, especially on the blue line.

This plus the fact they don't even have a legitimate +2 center. Which, to me, is a big deal. Yes, Kane and Sharp can fill the role, but then you lose an elite winger which I think is an issue. Kane doesn't muck and grind. Sharp isn't much of a grinder either, but he'll do it. Seems to me the roster has some fairly big holes that need to addressed before a legitimate cup run happens again.

But then again....short season so who knows.

He has the potential with the right goalie coach, he may get there. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to make anyone forget about Eddie or Tony O.

I think Bowman has two choices. Build your depth on defense (like cup year) or pay for solid goaltending. I don't see both happening.

The Chicago Blackhawks Fan Salute will give away 1,000 autographed jerseys, 250 autographed pucks, 100 autographed sticks, 200-level tickets, postgame player meet-and-greet opportunities, a pre-game dinner with a team ambassador in the Stadium Club, glass seats and more.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85880&navid=DL|CHI|home

From what I saw, season ticket holders, full and partial, get automatic entries; others can apply on the website. I didn't see anything to indicate how many entries ticket holders get.

The Chicago Blackhawks Fan Salute will give away 1,000 autographed jerseys, 250 autographed pucks, 100 autographed sticks, 200-level tickets, postgame player meet-and-greet opportunities, a pre-game dinner with a team ambassador in the Stadium Club, glass seats and more.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85880&navid=DL|CHI|home

Man I knew they would do something stupid like this, and I say stupid because with my luck I won't win. Also, it would be hilarious if season ticket holders from the 100 level with 200-level tickets against Columbus.....I have a feeling thats going to happen to me.

Feelings on Bolland filling in as 2nd line center? I think it could work out pretty well. He was a high point player pre-NHL. He's just excelled in the 3rd line shut down role that it shifted his game. But he's had great clutch goals and plenty of short handed goals. Good hands and good hockey sense. He also gets under opponents skin a lot so might be interested to see that dynamic on the 2nd. I think having a 2nd line center with a defensive mind will also be nice. Obviously, Kane lacked that last year.

He's got the hands and hockey sense. They've tried it before, but it didn't last. I think they decided they needed him more on the third line, and they had other guys they thought would be good enough to center the second line.

They'd been hoping Kruger might develop into a good center for that line, but weren't satisfied with him, either, and ended up with Sharp. It wouldn't surprise me if they bring up Pirri later, or try someone else in the slot. They really like Bolland on the third line.

Yeah, the problem with Bolland is like in some business settings. . .he's just too good at his present job to promote. haha. He seems to enjoy his job at the 3rd line and he is truly great at it.

I agree with you on Pirri. I'm just not a Kruger fan. He just seem s to lack the size (or lacks emulating the size) you need to play in the NHL. He's too easy to knock off the puck and always gets man handled during board battles. I'd like to seem him excel or progress this season but I am very hesitant. Does he seem to have matured much since last season? I didn't see any Rockford games being out on the West Coast.

Does Saad win a spot on the team this year? Or does he need more AHL time?

I haven't followed Kruger at Rockford, though he may not have felt the need to do his best, expecting a spot on the Blackhawks.

Saad's on the road trip for the start of the season, so he's got a great chance to prove himself. The Hawks thought well enough of him to give him some playoff time. I gather that he wasn't special at Rockford, but his play picked up a lot lately.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the centers really need to improve on faceoffs from last year.

I would have to agree with the opinion that Kruger being knocked off the puck too much. Hopefully he was able to add some strength since last year. I think he has a ton of offensive upside, if he can just get a little stronger and play a little harder. Most guys would be the weak link on a line with the top four forwards in that locker room.

Toews has the flu, and missed practice, but Q thinks he'll play tomorrow. Saad took his spot on the first line in practice.

If Saad can play center. . .

From what I've read, Saad will get a chance now that Carcillo's out for the next month (although not at the center position). Should be interesting.

Looks like it. I still don't have confidence in Emery, who's starting tonight. Hopefully it's not just Q starting to play his goalie games again, messing with everyone's head.

Looks like it. I still don't have confidence in Emery, who's starting tonight. Hopefully it's not just Q starting to play his goalie games again, messing with everyone's head.

Most teams will rotate goalies on back to back nights, especially when both are on the road. Nothing to read into this decision.

That's why I'm hoping, because it's too early to tell anything from it.

I certainly would like to see Crawford get plenty of action after the layoff, to get him as sharp as he can be.

That's why I'm hoping, because it's too early to tell anything from it.

I certainly would like to see Crawford get plenty of action after the layoff, to get him as sharp as he can be.

I'd like to see him get as little "action" as possible, though opposing teams aren't likely to humor me.