Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

Despite of what Q has been saying to the media, he had a big smile on his face when the Blackhawks clinched the President's Trophy tonight.

Crawford looked good again, though he didn't face that many shots. Hopefully Emery isn't hurt too bad, and we'll have to see about Sharp. Even though he came back in the game, that limp, when he left for a while, didn't look good.

LeBlanc's hands looked sweet.

Crawford looked good. I'd say as good as last game vs Canucks.

Sharp took a hit before the empty net goal and seemed fine.

Edit: Sharp mentioned he lost an edge and Oiler fell on him. Said more scary than hurt. Not sure how that explains that nice slash on his way to the bench - ha

LeBlanc has some very nice hands. Could see he gained a little confidence by the end. Very Kaner like with some of the stick handling. Like how the guys were trying to get him a goal. Could definitely see he wasn't used to the speed of the NHL. Which is expected.

Yes, LeBlanc showed a noticeable improvement by the end of the game, and made some nice passes. He should be fun to watch as his comfort level continues to improve. Not just the speed of the NHL, but the speed of the Blackhawks games.

I flipped over to the Sharks - Coyotes for a bit, during a break, and my wife remarked that it looked slow.

Glad to know that LeBlanc picked things up. I have been a fan of the kid since I saw him play in the MN high school tournament. I only saw the first period and turned off the TV feeling sick for him last night. Directly responsible for one goal against, multiple turnovers, and then ending the period with the peewee mistake of making a pass on the blue line to send his own linemates offside. Ugh!

So, he got his feet under him and showed good hands? Excellent. If his history is any indication, you can expect him to be extraordinarily coachable, very aware on the ice, and much more of a playmaker than a shooter. And, he is an absolutely sterling person. Excellent student. Even continued his student-teaching on game days in college. A true scholar-athlete who takes nothing for granted. I wish the kid nothing but the best. Now, how in the world do you crack that line up for the long haul, though?

I wish the kid nothing but the best. Now, how in the world do you crack that line up for the long haul, though?

With the cap limitations, there will be some turnover from year to year in order to stay in compliance. Worst case, you get to audition for the other teams that may like to trade for you.

And there are always injuries. He may even get some playoff time, as Saad did last year.

EDIT: I just read that LeBlanc is not eligible for the playoffs.

Haha - I thought you were talking about next season so I didn't mention it. Because he was obtained post-trade deadline he cannot play in the AHL or NHL playoffs.

I know. I posted without even thinking about it, just wanting to see more of him.

Agreed. Wish he could play. Not sure how he'd handle the level of NHL playoffs though. Hope he is in the lineup again tomorrow.

Crawford looked good again tonight. Hopefully he'll continue his current play through the playoffs.

Word is that Bolland and Emery aren't making the trip to St. Louis, and they may play a lot of the kids; they called up nine from Rockford. There's even speculation that Hutton may start.

Crawford looked good again tonight. Hopefully he'll continue his current play through the playoffs.

Word is that Bolland and Emery aren't making the trip to St. Louis, and they may play a lot of the kids; they called up nine from Rockford. There's even speculation that Hutton may start.

I missed the first period or so, but what I saw still showed the same flaws in his game. Calgary simply didn't have the talent, time or space to take advantage of it.

There will be plenty of IceHogs available to the Blackhawks today. The recent callups are forwards Jimmy Hayes, Jeremy Morin, Brandon Pirri, Ben Smith, defensemen Adam Clendening, Shawn Lalonde, Ryan Stanton, Steve Montador, and goaltender Henrik Karlsson.

Some of the Chicago media folks are speculating that several Blackhawks regulars may get the day off, and a lot of the kids may play tonight. I don't mind giving some of them a look, but I don't like the idea of a team essentially taking a game off. I don't like to let go of the win mentality, I don't like to see fans cheated of the players and team that they paid a lot to see, and I don't like to see a team give away a game, especially when it affects playoff spots, so I hope that's not the case. I'd rather see the Blues play the Blackhawks than the IceHogs.

I read that the Blues have Halak back.

I'm on the fence. Looks like Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, and Hammer stayed home.

My thing is that I agree with the rest and avoiding injury. Especially for Sharp. Blues will be hitting hard and often. Wanting to send a message for post season. I don't want star guys getting run during a game that means nothing to the Blackhawks.

The other side of me agrees with your point about keeping a winning mentality and keep rhythm going into playoffs.

The paying to see certain players I understand. But the win now mentality in sports will always trump this.

They'll get a little rest before the playoffs. I didn't see any report about those guys not making the trip; that's a damn shame. You can't predict injury, it can happen in practice. I don't like skipping games because of fear.

The call ups are going to play with urgency, they all want to be on the playoff roster or earn a spot for next season. It also allows the coaches to push for the win and see how those players react. It allows the stars to take an extra day off to heal, instead of playing them 5 or 6 shifts to preserve them for the playoffs. As long as the coaches go in with a "we are not tanking this game" attitude and make that clear to everyone in the lineup tonight, I don't have a problem with it. Guys like Hossa, Toews and Seabrook don't have it in them to play a game at half speed, better to have them in a suit and getting some much needed rest after such a compacted schedule.