Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

I thought that it was an especially big deal for Keith to do that, considering it's not really part of his game, and how overmatched he was.

Agreed. For me this was big for Keith. Mayers has stood up for teammates multiple times and for Keith to stick up for him was huge. I think it was great leadership and makes him a great teammate. While the hit was clean (and partially Mayers fault) you can't let opponents run your guys. I think it finally set the tone for the game and could possibly set the tone for the rest of the season.

Apparently Keith has only fought 3 or 4 times? The last time I can remember was when he fought Wisniewski after he ran Seabrook.

I also liked Bickell finally throwing his size around. He had some nice hits and a couple misses that would have been big hits. Sent a message of "you run our guys, we will run your guys".

Glad to see Saad finally get a goal. It's been a long time coming.

I'm hoping the Blackhawks play longer tonight. Last game, with about 5 minutes to go, it looked like they didn't want to play anymore, and were just trying to wait out the clock, and kick the puck out to center ice. Considering that, I found it strange to hear the media reporting that the players felt they played well enough that they thought they should have won.

At least Crawford looked good.

Saad looks like he needs to add some strength. Each time he was checked tonight he fell. Might just be the way he was checked but it definitely stood out to me.

He's still young, he'll bulk up. I haven't noticed that to be a problem lately, and he's working hard in the corners and everywhere else fighting for the puck.

It was nice to see the Blackhawks really skating from the start, though they still look confused on the power play. Strangely, they often seem to play better a man down than they do a man up. Someone really needs to teach them an effective offensive zone entry. When you've got the extra man, you should be able to get one man open, and bring the puck in consistently.

Well, that was a close one. Not to say that I'm not happy with the win, but with the way they played toward the end they honestly didn't deserve it (IMO).

Love the Kings, but overall the BlackHawks are having an awesome run so far. Agreed they looked a little slower than usual today but a win is a win. Great to see Hossa back and obviously 100%

The first portion of the game they played great. Good passing and they were just clicking much better than the Kings. But the last half you could tell things were falling a part a bit. They looked tired and play was getting very sloppy. Definitely got nervous as soon as Kings scored the 1st goal. I wasn't sure the Hawks could maintain the lead through the end of the Game.

I am also liking that Seabrook is starting to do his "float down low" maneuver again. I remember him doing that a lot during their cup run and not so much the last two seasons. It's a very simple, yet effective, play. And Keith is looking a lot better than the past couple seasons. He may not be in his cup year form, but he's very close.

Love the Kings, but overall the BlackHawks are having an awesome run so far. Agreed they looked a little slower than usual today but a win is a win. Great to see Hossa back and obviously 100%

They looked good early and faded. I don't know if it was overconfidence, spreading out ice time or fatigue but it has happened often enough to be a concern. I hope it isn't something that comes back to bite them in the ass later.

They did the same thing a couple games ago. They were really skating at the beginning, then as the third period got along, they relaxed. So far it hasn't created a problem this year, but it's a concern, as we've seen it the last two years, and it cost them games, regularly.

Part of it definitely looks like fatigue. I've noticed come the 3rd period passing gets bad, skate strides look heavier, more mental errors...etc. Of course, 3rd period is generally the hardest to get through but it's become more noticeable and I'm thinking it's due to the condensed schedule.

I might suspect something to do with the schedule and the layoff if I hadn't been seeing it for the last couple years. I think it's just attitude, and it got bad enough last year to be a contributing factor to the 9-game losing streak.

I was willing to write it off to the schedule for a while but they have actually had some time off the last few days.

Chicago is one point away from tying the best start in modern history, at 12-0-3.

"The last team to enjoy this kind of blistering start was the Anaheim Ducks in 2006-07, who made history when they started 12-0-4. That team won the Pacific Division before going on to win the franchise's only Stanley Cup championship.

The only other team in recent memory to go undefeated in regulation in their first 15 games was the 1984-85 Edmonton Oilers, who went 12-0-3 before also winning the Stanley Cup."

Just another item that goes in the "That's Nice" category, especially if there's no Cup to go with it.

Seabrook's out after taking one in the wedding tackle last game, and Crawford's concussion is still keeping him out, though he skated today.

Just another item that goes in the "That's Nice" category, especially if there's no Cup to go with it.

Seabrook's out after taking one in the wedding tackle last game, and Crawford's concussion is still keeping him out, though he skated today.

Just shows how dominant teams with that record have been in the past, I guess. Nothing more than some interesting trivia I suppose. Carry on.

Watching game tonight versus VAN as it's the best on the schedule, but I think my highlight might be watching Crystal from Chicago "Shoot The Puck" during the second intermission. I've got an average stream getting more pixelated going through a TV, and still, damn.

They always pick one contestant that fits the producers' idea of eye candy.

Nice, the way Emery managed to keep that puck from going in. Usually, it seems when a goalie moves the legs, it knocks the puck in.

Good to see some shots from Hoss and Sharp finding the back of the net. After blowing 3 breakaways, and Emery letting in that soft goal, I was starting to feel that maybe this wasn't going to go the Blackhawks' way. They look to be in good position now.

Really hoping Hossa is not out long, vancouver has had a lot of hits away from the puck but that was really bad.

I'm kind of surprised Bollig didn't go after Hansen a little more vigorously when he had the chance in that little dust up after there was a goalie coverup/whistle. I was thinking he was just going to drop his gloves and pummel away regardless of whether the ref was on him or not. Surprising discipline on his part.

I know. My reaction was to want a piece of that guy. I am really fed up with this BS.

And so was Bolland as he went running around hitting guys. Which, at that point, is fine by me. That interference call on him was bogus though. The ref just saw what him doing that was going to turn into and called a penalty. Glad Bollig stepped in after the Kruger hit and I also thought he was going to get murderous after that scrum.

That game also shouldn't have gone into OT. Oduya had no business trying to send that pass off his backhand in the neutral zone. Skate it forward and chip it into the offensive zone. Funny how guys tend to forget that the simple plays are often the best plays.

Got the 2 points. Tied the record. But at the expense of Hossa potentially having another concussion. Bum deal.

Watching game tonight versus VAN as it's the best on the schedule, but I think my highlight might be watching Crystal from Chicago "Shoot The Puck" during the second intermission. I've got an average stream getting more pixelated going through a TV, and still, damn.

Is this Crystal?

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/chicago/super-page/send-out-the-smoke-patrol-find-me-crystal/

http://www.csnchicago.com/sportsnetChicago/search/v/71222523/kasper-shoots-the-puck-at-blackhawks-canucks.htm