Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aeo

Custom Tapered Blades

First off this site is awesome with a wealth of information. That being said i cannot for the life of me find a manufacturer that makes something similar to the new E28/kreps in a tapered blade format. I have searched and the only option i can find is the custom T90s from PSHG. I am not opposed to this route except that i cannot find the link directly on their page only through google.

I have searched MSH for custom blade threads only to find posts from ~2006 recommending christian and TPS. My question is who if anyone these days makes a tapered blade with a pattern like Kreps/E28 OR Who else takes custom orders. My Mako II is great but I cannot justify 269.99 every time and neither can my wife lol.

Thanks,

Rich

Any Sherwood dealer can handle an order for custom product, try talking to the guys at your local shop about placing an order.

more open at the toe.

You're right. I also cant find an option for just blades on the BASE site. Time to keep looking.

Base will do custom blades but you have to pay for a mold to be made. IIRC, I think they told me ~$1500 for the mold fee. It's been awhile though. I think Combat told me a similar story when I asked them a few years ago. I have seen some people on here get custom blades from Reebok/CCM but it was using one of their pro pattern codes that they already knew. I think it was a minimum of 12 blades. Sherwood's minimum used to be 3 blades but now I think it's 6, could be 12. I had a couple T90 customs that I got off a member here and I really liked them.

Well 1500 is definatly out of the question haha. I'll see what I can find with respect to CCM/Reebok and kreps like blades.

This is starting to feel like a lost cause. I have some older broken sakics. I might use them as testers see what luck i have adding some toe to an old Hall/Sakic.

This is starting to feel like a lost cause. I have some older broken sakics. I might use them as testers see what luck i have adding some toe to an old Hall/Sakic.

You have to keep in mind that you won't be able to make just a blade. your best bet would be to order a dozen from Reebook. Just go to your nearest shop and talk to the dealers. you will need to order a minimum though

You're right. I also cant find an option for just blades on the BASE site. Time to keep looking.

You can buy just blades or just shafts from BASE but it isn't included in the automated on-line ordering. Call them or e-mail them to place the order.

I cant find my email for what Base quoted me, but I believe it was around the $1500 for the mold mentioned in this thread, plus the cost of blades. Ballistik used to do custom composites, not sure if they still do to retail consumers.

RBK and CCM sound like your best bet. Use the contact page at pro stock hockey gear, and talk to them. They used to make their blades differently, which did not require a mold fee.

In all, if you want custom blades, you are going to have to pay. There are minimum orders, and mold fee's in most cases.

Zach

If you need a CCM/Reebok code for a Kreps pattern lemme know. I have Aaron Palushaj's and I compared it to my Letang's and it's almost identical.

I have a lefty kreps code for reebok as well. If it matters what side.

I cant find my email for what Base quoted me, but I believe it was around the $1500 for the mold mentioned in this thread, plus the cost of blades. Ballistik used to do custom composites, not sure if they still do to retail consumers. RBK and CCM sound like your best bet. Use the contact page at pro stock hockey gear, and talk to them. They used to make their blades differently, which did not require a mold fee. In all, if you want custom blades, you are going to have to pay. There are minimum orders, and mold fee's in most cases. Zach

1500 is correct I tried the same thing with them. I thought I read on PSHG that it's $20 per stick supply a sample curve for CCM/Reebok custom sticks? Those are min 6 though.

Thanks. I sent a email to PSHG to get a price breakdown ect, when i hear back ill be sure to update this post for future reference.

I think sherwood shut down the custom making when they moved everything over seas.

They are setup for customs again. Way more options than before, but the minimums went to 6 instead of 3.

Someone posted on Facebook that Base is in the process of setting up Kreps molds. They said that it would likely be ready within a month or so. Hopefully this comes to fruition soon and more importantly for real. I have been hooked on the pattern since I got my first Letang before last season.

Someone posted on Facebook that Base is in the process of setting up Kreps molds. They said that it would likely be ready within a month or so. Hopefully this comes to fruition soon and more importantly for real. I have been hooked on the pattern since I got my first Letang before last season.

it'll be more or less the Kreps, but they are calling it a modified kovalchuk pro