Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty AX1 - nphockey21

Before I start this review, I would like to thank JR and modsquadhockey, and Warrior Hockey for the opportunity to test this baby out. Sorry for the late review, but I just got home from to Michigan from my season in Canada.

Background: I play Jr A in Canada, and am 6'3 185. I have been using pro stock apx sticks, and have used some warrior widows and dolomites in the past.

Stick Specs: Warrior Dynasty AX1 LH Grip 85 Flex Kopitar curve

Initial thoughts: Wow, the graphic package on this thing is what first stood out to me. Nothing flashy, nothing colorful, just right for the masses. The black/gray/silver/white combo is simple and easy on the eyes and gives a very professional look. First touching the stick, I noticed the grip was a soft feeling velvet grip which was a bit different to me. I have only used the clear tacky griptac material so I was a bit hesitant about that. The other thing I wasn't huge on was the weight distribution of the stick. It felt pretty light though. It felt bottom heavy, but this was obviously due to the higher fuse point technology in the stick. The other thing I really liked was the height of the stick. I have to put a plug in all of my other sticks, but the warrior widow I had used before and this one are spot on with the extra inches of height.

First use: My first time on the ice was the day after I got back home. It was an instant hit with all of the guys on the ice including me. They loved the look, and I loved the stick even more. The bottom heavy feeling was completely gone on the ice. The puck feel was out of this world, and the firm blade was definite plus when passing and catching passes. Shooting with this stick was a bit different than my old apxs that I was used to, but this is definitely more of a load when shooting type of stick. The only thing I noticed that I was not too excited about was the velvet grip is starting to peel in one small spot. I hope this doesn't spread. Overall, I am very pleased with the stick.

I have used this stick a few times in the last couple weeks, as I have not been on the ice as much now that my season is over. I still experience the same feel, am more used to the higher kick point when shooting now, and still love the balance of the stick. The stick is losing a little bit of its pop, but nothing major. The one thing I am disappointed with is the velvet grip. The first session I loved it, and the second it started peeling, it was all downhill from there. The grip is completely peeled off in the corners of the shaft, and is on its way down the walls. Im thinking about 5 more skates until it is completely off where my lower hand holds. I will most likely have to re-grip it with the backwards tape method. Not a huge deal normally, but after less than 5 uses its pretty disappointing. With top end sticks like this, they usually don't last me more than 3 weeks, and I definitely expect the grip, feel, pop, everything to last for that short amount of time. Will take pictures of the peeling grip and post with my next review.