Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
highslot84

Vapor X 7.0 LE

Skate: Bauer Vapor X 7.0 LE.
Ht./Wt.: 5' 9 155 lbs.
Play Level: A level adult league. Primary position is Center or Wing. Occassional Defense on lower levels
Previous skates worn: Vapor XXXX 8.5 EE and Vapor XXII 9 D
Time Frame - Christmas 2011 - Present

Fit (9.5/10)
I like the fit of the Vapor Skate out of the box unbaked the best. APX was out of my price range.

Depth- These fit my foot to a T and I dont have any depth issues.

Width- I came from a EE skate due to a deal I got from a friend. I had my foot measured and went with the D skate for these. Only issue is on my right foot it is a little tight near the toe box. And only bothers me occassionally.

Toe Cap- No problems here. Nice and roomy and not crampped. Toes touch the end while sitting but I dont notice any issues while skating.

Comfort- Skates took a few games to truly get comfortable and I wouldn't be against having them baked again to get them dialed in even more.

Blade/Holder (10/10)
Perfect combo of LS2 and LS2 steel.

Weight (9/10)
Nice and light but not too light that they feel cheap.

Protection (10/10)
Plenty of protection from taking shots to the skate. Tongues provide good lace bite protection but I wish they were a little more padded.

Durability (9/10)
The boot itself I think is the most durable skate I've worn yet. I tie my laces around my tendon guard so that flexs a bit more than I'd prefer but that's the nature of how I tie my skates. My liner is starting to show wear from tucking my tongues under my shin pads and I prefer the Clarino Liner personally. No rivets broken. Holders have quite a few dings and cuts but still strong. The steel has "clicked" since day one and is tight in the holder so I am not sure if there is an issue with the whole holder/steel combo but it doesn't seem to effect my skating.

Performance (9/10)
I always felt like I could use a stiffer skate to give me a jump in my game. Once I got through adjusting to these skates, I was more confident when stopping and making tight turns. I love these skates. I'd like to try the APX and see if I can tell a difference between the two but I am extremely happy with the skate from the Vapor XXXX.

Final Words
I have always preferred a black skate. I really liked the X60 LE skate. Those were awesome but I couldn't afford them at the time. When they came out with these X 7.0 LE's in that black look, I wasn't going to let them pass me by. The skate is stiff, strong, protective and lightweight. It has everything you need in a high end skate. If the Vapor Boot fits your foot, this is a solid pick up. They are worth the money.