Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Going from p92 lie 6 to lie 5

Ordered a p92 lie 5 apx. I'm only 5'8 and like to use a stick cut to my nose. Even with that length blade is off the ice. Want to see if lie 5 will put more blade on ice. Seeing what adjustments if any others have had to make. Really been liking the p92 recently and don't want to go pro stock route.

that's a relatively long stick, the lower lie should get the toe somewhat lower. There is a huge radius on the bottom, so you will never get a lot of the blade on the ice, no matter how long the stick is.

I've used both lie 5 and lie 6 P92's. I think there is very little adjustment when it comes to the two because they are the same pattern. I did notice that I lost the puck a bit more when I switched to the lie 6, but after using it for a few more ice times that went away. The 6 is going to be better for carrying the puck closer to your body and the 5 further out, so adjust accordingly and it should work out fine. I might go a little bit longer on the shaft length to start with the lie 5.

There isn't a huge difference between the lie 5 and lie 6 P92, the lie 5 is just a touch lower, nothing dramatic. If you feel the lie 6 P92 is too high lie for you, the lie 5 should be an improvement without making any adjustments.

How much longer should I leave the lie 5 to start? An inch? Less? More?

I wanted to try the 5 to see if it makes a difference with handling the puck. I lose it from time to time with the 6 but love my shots with this pattern.

I would try an inch and then take some off if it's too much. Just remember that you can always cut more off, but not add. Start even longer if you like.

Being a 5' 7" forward, I definitely recommend switching to the lower lie. I did the same with Warrior Draper (going from 5 to 4, which is the same as going from 6 to 5 in Bauer) and I love it. It's much better for catching passes. Do you guys know which Bauer sticks and blades give the option of P92 lie 5?

As far as we have here; Nexus 1000, Nexus 8000, NXG, APX, APX2

This is correct, all of these one-pieces have the lie 5. But do any of these replacement blades do? So far I haven't found any. I like to use my Warrior shaft as I usually only break blades, not shafts.