Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/162-2013-ccm-catalogue/

Skates - big story for CCM is the RBZ skate line. This is a brand new skate from the ground up - starting with the quarter package, which is composite, however, for baking purposes, it is at a lower melting point. The skate is made using a double-lasting process as well, and features contoured ankles. The liner is Clarino, and are using high-density Poron in the ankle pads. Compared to the CL, it is 25% stiffer. Tongue is an injected foam/felt combination with additional lace bite protection.

The arch has also been changed for 2013, and has a new footbed concept, as well as a new measuring gauge. The Footdisc gauge will determine arch and sizing in seconds, as it will use the heat from your feet to imprint an image. There are 3 insoles; high, medium and low, and it will be easy to determine which one would work for you. Based on their findings, 60% of skaters have a medium arch.

med_gallery_5_20_421080.jpg

Also, brand new holder - the SpeedBlade 4.0 is 4mm taller in both towers, allowing for a greater attack angle for turning purposes. Also, the balance has been pushed back towards the middle. The ribs in the holder provide greater stiffness, and the HyperGlide runner is a newly-sourced runner with a polished finish for better edge retention, and harder than most competitors' steel. Also to note, the rivet pattern has been changed to match industry standard, and will be sold separately. E-Pro will still be in the lineup, however. The RBZ comes in at $749.

The RBZ 100 is similar, but notable differences are in the midsole, (Surlyn instead of composite) outsole, insoles and the runner. That skate will be $549.

Sticks - no changes, but there will be new CCM sticks later in 2013.

Gloves - the CL 500 is the new glove, and it's completely redesigned. Still featuring a tapered fit, it has narrower fingers and a wider cuff. The 3-piece thumb is extremely mobile as well. Guts of the thumb is U-Foam, as well as U-Foam on the top of the cuff, however, the backhand is snug. And continuing with the Crazy Light story, the glove clocks in at 300g. Nash palm with stretch mesh gussets.

4R Pro glove stays in the lineup.

Protective - unchanged

Glad to see CCM stepping up their game. Love the features of the RBZ skate; I'll definitely have to try a pair. I'm really loving the new gloves as well. Two pieces I'm definitely looking forward to.

Im curious to know if CCM expects to show the RBZ skate @ the Lets Play Hockey Expo next weekend.

I cant wait to try them on. Date?

Based upon what you described the U foam has been replaced or upgraded? Or is it the whole boot that is now mold-able similar to a supreme idea?

Is the fit different through the entire line or does the old U/vector fit remain at a certain price point?

I'm asking mostly for my son (15) as he loves his CCM skates and can't fit in much else.

All of the new holders look so much better than previous iterations. Both CCM and Easton have improved in that regard.

Phooey. I had a tiny strand of hope that perhaps CCM would bend the "update an equipment category every 2 years" rule that applies to most companies in the hockey industry and issue one of the pant models in a taller cut. Sadly, it seems my cries fell on deaf ears. I really liked the feel and look of the U+12 pants I tried out last year, but they were just too short for my freakishly long legs.

I'm leaning towards the Nexus 800s at present due to some positive remarks a few guys I know have made about the Supreme line of pants, but based on my own experiences (in the last year or so, I've had a Bauer girdle, pant shell, helmet, and equipment bag fall apart on me through no fault of my own) I feel a bit justifiably iffy about handing over more cash to Bauer for something that will disintegrate after two months.

I know I've been avoiding you for years now, CCM. Mostly I was upset that you canned the Tacks line and changed your iconic logo to the cheap "Demonized" font, but given the bitter disappointments other companies have been churning out, I'm ready and willing to meet you half way. Still, you have to give a little in order for this relationship to work.

Skate wise, opinions on the RBZs seem to be pretty mixed, but I honestly think these are the best looking they've made since the (x)92 Tacks line. I second the person above me asking about the fit. At present, I'm in D/AA Reebok 11Ks coming from plain old D U+10s and the Reeboks feel only slightly narrower in the heel than the U+10s did. I can't help wondering if custom CCMs in a D/AA are the solution.

Im curious to know if CCM expects to show the RBZ skate @ the Lets Play Hockey Expo next weekend.

I cant wait to try them on. Date?

July launch. I'm sure they will be there.

How different will the fit profile of the RBZ skate be from the current CL?

I don't know - I haven't tried them on but they don't seem to have strayed much from that fit from the looks of it. The arch will be different, however.

is the rivet pattern closer to the old pro lite 3?

No, it matches Bauer and Easton.

As someone with awful flat feet I'm really looking forward to the RBZ skates.

Will the new polished steel fit in the old e pro holder or is it exclusive to the speedblade?

No. Since the holder is a completely new design as well as profile, the anchors were changed to accommodate it.

Helmets - Did CCM scrap the V04? That sold pretty well around here; that leaves Bauer (2100) and Easton (E300) to occupy that bottom helmet pricepoint. The nomenclature could be a little confusing; V10 is now 'VECT' (HTVECT), the V08 remains as HTV08 well as the 06 as HT06.

Gloves - The CS 400 looks quite promising, featuring 'traditional' top-end protection in multi-density foams + plastic inserts, same as the U+12. Interesting use of a Nash Rima III palm (what IS Rima III? Supposedly the next iteration of the U+12's Rima II?) reinforced with Kevlar for durability. Has anyone used a kevlar reinforcement in palms before?

My sons U+12s are beginning to really show their wear, not sure if they're going to fall apart first or if he's going to outgrow them.

Begining to explore options for his next pair of skates, do you know if the RBZ skate will have Jr. sizes and/or pricing?

Looking forward to try out the new RBZ skates, as I dig the stick.. So naturally Im curious about the new stick chenges that will come this year:D

It really seems as if the rbz and 100 are almost identical in make except the use of surlyn in the 100? Surprised the 100 will be $549 i figured a little more as it seems very high quality materials are being used!

My sons U+12s are beginning to really show their wear, not sure if they're going to fall apart first or if he's going to outgrow them.

Begining to explore options for his next pair of skates, do you know if the RBZ skate will have Jr. sizes and/or pricing?

The RBZ will be available in a junior, 1-5.5 in D & E. MAP will be $399.99

It really seems as if the rbz and 100 are almost identical in make except the use of surlyn in the 100? Surprised the 100 will be $549 i figured a little more as it seems very high quality materials are being used!

There are noticeable differences between the two besides the use of the surlyn in the rbz 100. The RBZ 100 will still be a great skate, comparable to other skates in that same range (most similarly, One.8, X90, 18K & 17K [can't comment on Grafs or Eastons). If money isn't an issue there are definite benefits jumping up to the RBZ, mainly stiffness and durability. The RBZ 100 is still plenty stiff though, and should hold up quite well.

On the RBZ Skate any news on the tendon guard? As to if it will be more flexible or will it be the same as in the CL Skate?

Its very flexible