Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

Pittsburgh Penguins 2013

The Pens aren't waiting till the deadline to bolster their team for the playoffs.

Yesterday they traded for Brenden Morrow and today they traded for Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks. In return the Sharks get a second round pick in 2013 and a conditional pick in 2014 (2nd round if Pittsburgh win two rounds or resign Murray, 3rd round if none occur).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419077

Both good deals. Morrow can be a big help, smart enough to play on the top lines, gritty enough to play on the 3rd if needed. Murray adds some size, as well as they have been playing as a unit defensively as of late, they still lose a lot of 1-1 battles down low and in front of the net.

I'm really curious as to what the line combos will be when Malkin and Tanger are healthy. I really think Bennett has earned his spot on the Malkin-Neal line.

Murray and Orpik as a shut down pairing to go against the top line of the other team? I think Morrow will be great in front of the net on the PP, if the Pens want to use that type of alignment. Maybe even on the second unit. I haven't seen Morrow lately, my only concern would be if he has the speed to play the way the Pens top lines like to play.

Murray and Orpik as a shut down pairing to go against the top line of the other team? I think Morrow will be great in front of the net on the PP, if the Pens want to use that type of alignment. Maybe even on the second unit. I haven't seen Morrow lately, my only concern would be if he has the speed to play the way the Pens top lines like to play.

I worry about his speed too. If his body was as beat up as everyone has said from his style this may not be a good fit, but you never know. The change of scenery may be just what he needed. Either way good trade for both teams.

Same place we put it every year. Click on NHL discussions at the top of the page, then it will be above all of the topics in the NHL forum

Same place we put it every year. Click on NHL discussions at the top of the page, then it will be above all of the topics in the NHL forum

The problem it seems, unless it's invisible to me, is that there wasn't one created for this season. I only see the Off-Season transactions in the NHL Discussion forum and in that topic it's pretty much all Off-Season Transactions and CBA talk.

Edit: I can now see the Trade section. I don't know why I couldn't see it before a few minutes ago. I even checked this morning at 8:15 when I replied to this thread and it was nowhere to be seen for me.

Well Letang is back on the IR again after playing yesterday. I think he played a solid game and didn't notice anything off about him game. Wonder if he's just still sore and they don't want him to risk further injury. Kind of excited to see what kind of grit Murray brings to the Pens blue line specially in games against physical teams. Disappointed he won't get to face the Flyers this season.

This reeks of '04 Avs when they added Kariya and Selanne...

This reeks of the 2000–01 Avs when they added Bourque and Andreychuk..

The "Bourque Avs" lost in the West final to Dallas the year he was acquired, won the following year. Time will tell but this week relative to last week, their cup chances (or lack thereof) remain on Fleury's shoulders.

Hard to not root for Pittsburgh at this point.

As a Wings fan I have a hard time admitting it, but I agree. I would love to see Iggy raise the cup. The guy deserves it.

Hard to not root for Pittsburgh at this point.

Not hard for me, they're still one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

Actually pretty easy to root against Pittsburgh.

If the Penguins win the Cup it won't be one of magical moments like when Sakic handed Bourque the cup or seeing Dave Andrechyuk (sp) lift for the first time. But I am sure the media will make a big deal out of it. Who knows, maybe this time Sid will actually shake some hands...