Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

Total Hockey stores coming to Michigan

This times 10000000. Their sharpenings are horrible. I only go to TH if I know what I want/need.

Which store, and what type of sharpening?

I haven't made the trip to the one in Exton yet, but I know a few guys on my team will be doing so to try on skates. Unfortunately, the selection here in Harrisburg is usually limited to three or four models of Bauer skates.

Ah. That's a shame. Should be worth the trip though. I'm pretty sure they offer all models for Nexus, Supreme and Vapor @ Exton. Good location with the store being minutes away from the PA Turnpike and between 2 hockey rinks (Ice Line and Power Play).

Which store, and what type of sharpening?

Glenview, Elmhurst, and Downers Grove. Schaumburg isn't too bad.

I've gotten 7/16 and 5/8.

Interesting. Good for the consumer to have more options, but two new stores right in the heart of Perani's territory? I guess I'm surprised there's enough of a market. Nice to see you get a good job though. Congratulations.

Actually, 3 new stores.

Look at the other hockey markets - MI is a top-tier hockey market, as well as MN and MA, and there are multiple large retailers there. Then you have CA, PIT and PHI, and same thing; multiple retailers.

It was all a matter of time.

Glenview, Elmhurst, and Downers Grove. Schaumburg isn't too bad.

I've gotten 7/16 and 5/8.

I've been getting 100/50 at Glenview, and didn't notice a difference when I got 100/50 from the Blackstone guy at WF, so I have to figure they've been doing a decent job for me.

When I used to get 100/75 at Northbrook, it seemed fine, too.

I've been getting 100/50 at Glenview, and didn't notice a difference when I got 100/50 from the Blackstone guy at WF, so I have to figure they've been doing a decent job for me.

When I used to get 100/75 at Northbrook, it seemed fine, too.

FBV is fine. It's the regular sharpenings lol

honestly, i dont think this store is too close to a peranis to be a huge issue. the location is about 13 minutes from the sterling heights store. novi and livonia are also fairly close, but those are huge hockey markets and can easily support two stores within 15 minutes drive of each other.

The main one that should be concerned about the Troy store is B and R in the rink itself, but i think they will still do just fine with at point accessory sales and the like.

I love it. This area has been pretty stale for competition for a while as all the smaller shops in most of the rinks have converted to B and R or Peranis in the last 10 years, i think we need another big player in the game, but thats me personally.

All in all, competition benefits the players. I just really hope the third TH location is built down river because now that i moved here, our peranis is pretty lackluster and theres really not a whole lot else that ive found.

Interesting. Good for the consumer to have more options, but two new stores right in the heart of Perani's territory? I guess I'm surprised there's enough of a market. Nice to see you get a good job though. Congratulations.

pretty good size. ill be there opening day, or close to. perfect timing as within a year i plan to replace most of my equipment =)

Actually, don't quote me on that size...I thought that was it but I simply don't know for sure.

well when the local news comes to me for comment, i wont tell them where i heard it from =)

Store is indeed 15,000 sq ft.

I'm currently in PIT, just completed first day of training. Very good; felt good to be back in a store again.

No idea on grand opening yet. Store is not completed.

Just finally got out there yesterday to get my skates done and check out the place on my way to trying out some new wedges at the golfsmith down the plaza. Great store, JR! Everyone was super friendly, and the skate sharpening guy was awesome to work with, as this was my first run at getting the fbv. Also, the shooting area is awesome, good idea on only allowing one person in at a time, otherwise it could be possibly dangerous.