Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyDish

What flex are you using?

Just wanted to get an idea of what flex people are using in correspond to their weight? Would love to hear from you guys.

I'm 5'11, 175 lb and I use an 87 flex uncut.

5' 11", 160lbs

75flex & 85flex, but play with a 75flex more than not.

Stick is cut between chin and adam's apple when on skates.

Do you find your shots are better with the 77 as oppose to the 87 flex? I plan on going down to a 77 flex, but scared of snapping them.

Do you find your shots are better with the 77 as oppose to the 87 flex? I plan on going down to a 77 flex, but scared of snapping them.

I find that I can definitely feel the stick load more using the 77 flex sticks compared to the 87. There is a hair of difference in release that I can notice if I switch sticks in-game, but get used to it very quickly. I don't take hardly any slap shops so I can't really comment. But, on wrist shots and snap shots I feel I get harder shots because I can load it more. I'll play with the 87 and it feels like it the shot comes off quicker, but I don't feel it has the energy behind it since I can't always load it as well. Definitely more consistent using the 77 flex.

After cutting the sticks down though I think the 77 becomes closer to an 87 and the 87 becomes closer to a 90. So always take that into account depending on brand.

5'11 171lb

Nexus 1000 87 flex

Uncut stick comes to around chin on skates

All shots feel good, had to lower hand a bit compared to my old 102 flex T1.

My wind up one timers have gone to shit with the nexus though, not really sure why

5'6" 150lb 95 flex

got a lot of handmedown sticks from my big bro all my life and i cant use anything under probably a 90 now

6'1 170 lbs

I rotate between a 87 flex x60 and 102 one95. The differing kick points cause the flexes to play somewhat similar.

I leave them at stock height or cut them down 1/2 inch.