Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM CL Shoulder Pads

Product Details

]yqjpEFb.jpg?1

- CCM CL Shoulder Pads

- Large

My Details

• Height: 5'10 (178 cm)
  • Weight: 220 lbs (99kg)
  • Position: Forward/Centre

History

Been Playing Hockey for 24 years and only used about 4 set of shoulder pads my whole life that I can remember. Most recent shoulder pads are vintage Copper's that tie up in the middle. These will be far the most protective shoulder pads I have ever used and oddly enough the lightest.

Playing Style

I don't really so called have a style of play as I play differently in all 3 leagues I play in. I like the physical aspects of battling for the puck in the corner and sitting in front of the net as I am not the fastest skater in the world. I also do like to attempt to create my own shot or pass in open ice. Playing A level men's league they allow us to play more physical than in the lower leagues as long as it is controlled and not head hunting.

Old Shoulders look like this with white caps:

mvT7OkqvoO7FubtzNsjVjGw.jpg

Features

• Ventilated molded floating sternum protector and back piece maintain a high level of protection with an emphasis on weight reduction and comfort
  • Bicep protectors made with molded Crazy Light U Foam
  • Crazy Light U Foam clavicle protector

First Impressions

Wow, these shoulder pads feel like they weigh less than my gloves. They look funny to when I took them out of the bag as you can see what I previously wore. I am a traditionalist and just like what i have known.

The CL Shoulder Pads are constructed with the U Foam, flexible Plastic and it bind together Braided straps that hold the pieces together. Not sure how the durability is with the Initial look but only thing I have a concern with is how will they last over time as it is a multiple piece construction. Here is a look:

wDP6lFt.jpg?1

They cover a crucial areas like clavicle, Sternum, Rib cage, and biceps without the restrictions like some other new shoulder pads on the market.

The best feature of this shoulder other than the weight is the adjustable bicep guard. You can adjust the length of the bicep to where they feel best for you, This is an excellent feature that I wish I had prior as this will help with the shoulder pads pushing down my elbow pads.

94GsMZx.jpg?1

I will be using them tonight at pick up to break them in and will report back later tonight on my first experience on ice with the CL Shoulder pads.

Got to use them tonight. These are some very comfortable shoulder pads, only noticed a difference because of the shoulder cap balk as I am not used to that. They were a little stiff but to be expected as its the first time I used them. The protection is great, I took a deflected puck off the sternum and barely felt it. Glad I was wearing them as it would have been painful in my old pads. These are very protective pads contact on the boards you don't feel, even though it wasn't really checking just normal pinning and body work in the corner. Overall great shoulder pads just have to get used to the shoulder cap bulk/height.

Sorry for the delay, used the shoulder pads again monday night, but my night was cut short as a puck hit in the face during the first period of the game and needed stitches. I will be back on the ice tomorrow night and will have an update on the shoulder pads.

Used the Shoulder pads again last night. They are starting to break in and have the awkward feel go away of new equipment go away. Still can't get over how light the shoulder pads are. So far the only thing I do not like about the shoulder pads are the shoulder caps because they are not low profiled and that is a personal preference. Protection on board play is great; you don't feel cross checks or the boards on your bicep when hit which is a very nice thing to have.

not wearing shoulder pads much lately as I have been just playing pickup games between leagues but figured I need to get used to the bulk of the shoulder pads so I wore them the last days at open ice and pickup. I am starting to get used to having bulkier shoulder pads and the best thing about the shoulder pads is they don't hold any sweat increasing the weight of the pad. The movement is free flowing for a set pads that are so padded.