Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM CL 500 Glove Initial Thoughts

As part of MSH's Long-Term Review session with Reebok|CCM, I'll be handling the CL 500 glove, which is new for 2014.

I went with navy/sunflower as it is a colorway that we use for MSH Winterfest.

cl500.jpg

cl5001.jpg

cl5002.jpg

cl5006.jpg

It's a tapered fit, which doesn't deviate too far from the original CL (which I haven't used. I have not used a CCM glove in a very long time) however, with a flared cuff.

The internals of the glove is their NHL-spec U-Foam package - no poly inserts. New flex thumb which has considerable forward flex. Stupid light - one glove I weighed at 264.5g.

My preferences for gloves is that I do like a tapered fit and an extremely flexible top hand.

To the flared cuff - the main piece is U-Foam;

cl5004.jpg

Here is my wrist in regular position -

cl5008.jpg

And flexed -

cl5009.jpg

Palm is beige nash with grip print on the fingertips.

cl5003.jpg

cl5005.jpg

Glove does feel somewhat stiff out of the box, however I bake all of my gloves. And based on the fact that this is U-Foam, I think they will take extremely well to heat.

I will be updating my LTR, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask in this thread.

Thanks goes out to Johanna Miller, who handles digital/social media at Reebok|CCM for participating in our LTR program and seeding me this pair.

WHOA, these are great looking gloves, really looking forward to your thoughts on these. I like a tapered glove too, but I went back to a looser-fitting glove with the CL, which right now I've been nothing but impressed with. Coming from X:60 Pros, I was curious as to how I'd like them, but I've loved them so far. Love that they're going with a flex thumb.

I like that the retail version is very similar to the pro, without adding a lot of knicknacks and "features" that clutter up the look and cheapen it.

Are those grip prints very grippy, or slightly grippy? If someone were to use these gloves with a grippy shaft, would it be hard to slide and re-grip while stickhandling?

Similarly, could the glove be purchased without the grip prints?

I'm not too crazy about the exposed foam on the cuff. simply aesthetics, but still unappealing

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like plastic which is a material we sometimes associate with cheapness. I prefer the look of my U+ CL's.

i really think its just the CCM way of showing off the Foam part of the CL series, personally i think it looks fine but everyones going to be different of course.

I'm not too crazy about the exposed foam on the cuff. simply aesthetics, but still unappealing

Are those grip prints very grippy, or slightly grippy? If someone were to use these gloves with a grippy shaft, would it be hard to slide and re-grip while stickhandling?

Similarly, could the glove be purchased without the grip prints?

They have them on the U+ CL and I don't notice them on my Warrior shift which has nipple grip. And non grip sticks still feel slippery. Non issue as far as I'm concerned for my CL gloves.

Yep...put them up today. No 500s.

What's the delay on 500's, CCM seems to think that they're released according to their twitter?