Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Reebok 20K Elbow Pads

Product Details

- Reebok 20k Elbow Pads
- Large

DSCN2634_zpsc94eef3e.jpg
DSCN2635_zpsda3f12e1.jpg
DSCN2636_zpsee47baef.jpg
DSCN2637_zps4b75c708.jpg

My Details

• Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 380
  • Position: Forward/Defense - Forward Wing in D+ and Defense in D -

History

I have only had one set of elbow pads since starting hockey. Easton Synergy ST4 Elbow Pads that I have been wearing for about 3 years now which is what I will be comparing these too. The elastic is getting very brittle and breaking down after three years of use and I can also feel the plastic coming through the fabric which tends to get really annoying while playing.

DSCN2640_zpsd7359935.jpg
DSCN2639_zpseebcc22f.jpg
DSCN2638_zps6ca91281.jpg

Playing Style

I am a grinder in a sense. I skate hard and make the correct plays but don't always see it reflected from the team all the time. I also am a digger in front of the net looking for left overs or tip ins. I like to be right in front of the goalie either screening him or ready to pick up anything. When I play defense, I tend to get an elbow up here and there but some how, I'm good at blocking shots with my elbow. No idea how or why but most people hit me in the elbow when shooting when I'm playing defense.

Features

• Dual Core Protection
  • One Elastic Band
  • All Foam Pad - No Plastic Inserts

First Impressions

As soon as I opened the packaging I said "Wow, that is a light pad." I then put them on and they are an amazing fit as I have bigger arms. It slipped right in and didn't even move without a shirt which I always had a problem with when I wore my Easton Elbow Pads. I also liked how there it is an all foam padding and no more plastic insert. Really impressed me right off the bat. When wearing them, I was surprised at the range of motion I had in my arms compared to my Eastons which made me feel "limited" some times.

I will be skating tomorrow with them on and two games during the weekend as well.

First skate with these pads and I'm amazed by how light they are. The one concern I have (jokingly) is how light they are. No joke but twice I had to feel my elbows to sure they didn't slip off or anything. However, they were still firmly in place. The very nice thing was that I wore an Under Armour shirt and no slippage at all with these pads. With my eastons I would have to constantly adjust every shift. I did not adjust these once at all during the whole game. They will be better tested on Saturday as the game tends to be a bit rougher.

Second skate with these elbows and I'm still amazed by the range of motion I have in them. The lightness as well is still mind boggling as to how protective they are. I took quite a hard spill on the ice last night trying to stop and I completely messed up and fell backwards onto my elbows. Not an ounce of pain and not even hurting today as I would have been with my Easton elbows. Such an amazing elbow from Reebok so far.

Another game in the elbows and holding up great. No slippage at all and very protective. Took a slap shot right to the end of it and I felt nothing at all. Straps are holding up nicely and even a slash todayright on my forearm and I just shrugged it off like nothing. Just keeps impressing me so far. Another game tomorrow.

So, took a good hit (yup, no check league with people that have to hit the big guy) and I landed good on my one elbow. Didn't feel a thing with all the weight crashing down on the one. I will say, the best elbow I have ever had and probably will ever have. I also must say, the no slippage is awesome as I don't have to adjust them every shift. I also noticed how well they dry out in the course of 16 hours. Also impressed by how well the sweat doesn't pool in them either.

Another spill as somebody tripped me good. Fell good on the right elbow and still nothing. Can't say the same for my buttocks however. I had a little slippage issue with the left elbow. I think mostly because I didn't tighten the strap enough however. Range of motion is still great as well with every game played. Really happy with these elbows and the protection of them.

Another good trip this my elbow crashing into the boards. Not a problem at all. Feels great like I didnt even hit it. Rest of my body is a different story. Little slippage but that might be my fault for not getting them on tight enough. I'll know tomorrow for sure.

Tightened up the straps and no slippage at all sunday. No falls at all, but lots of sweat. No puddle of sweat at all after the gamelike I use to get from my Eastons.

Another game down with the elbows and yet another slam into the boards. Put up my elbow to soften the blow as I know person doing it did not have my health in his best interest. Elbow took it hard and nothing. These elbows just keep amazing me honestly. I'm very happy with them as they are just amazing lightweight AND protective.

Memorial Day Mixer Review

I had played 9 games with these elbows on and I will just give a quick summary.

All games were good with no slippage at all. As usual, took a couple good falls and still felt great for the next game as well. A lot more people cross checking higher up and I did feel it after wards as the elbows are low profile. I guess NHL players have shoulders pads for that how ever and low profile elbows. They dried extremely quick as well between games (anywhere between an hour and half hour) and still have no smell at all (since I wear an undershirt as well). The straps are still great and no wearing down like my old Eastons did. I don't think I'm ever going to find a better elbow out there yet.

Once again the elbows impress. I do think they are starting to slip a little how ever as I had to pull them up once during the game. Still not as bad as pulling them up after every single shift. No smell whats so ever and they are still taking a beating! I love these elbows and once they go, I will be extremely sad!

It has been awhile since I have put up a review and now that my schedule allows it with work I will try to do a quick month rundown

They elbow are holding up great and still protecting me from every fall and even people shooting at me and hitting my elbow (Yes, those beginners who can't aim). I did play a couple games without a long sleeve short and they were actually really uncomfortable as they kept slipping and just rubbing against my skin badly. I still use these every single game and won't switch till I find a lighter or more productive elbow pad which I don't really see yet. After every game I'm praising these elbows for the lightness and the protectiveness.