Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JCon

Inline Leagues - Boston Area

I might have the opportunity to move to Boston within the next couple of months. I've been playing Inline/Roller hockey non-stop for years on a few different teams. I was just wondering if there were any good leagues around the Boston area that anyone knew of.

Puck leagues would be great but ball is acceptable as well :) Post links and info, thanks!!!

Eastern Mass. Roller Hockey is based out of Saugus (Hockeytown).

I could've sworn that Boch Ice Center (in Dedham) had summer roller leagues. There's a couple of outdoor roller rinks (proper, with boards) around Boston (Smith Field in Allston comes to mind) so you might drop by there and ask if anyone skates in a league. Craigslist too.

Can't speak to quality.

Like Tyler said, you've got Team Works in Warwick RI which would be about 40-45 minute drive from Boston (depending on traffic). I haven't played there in a while but when I did, they ran a tight ship and the competition was good in their puck leagues.

If you wanna head up North, Dracut, MA there is Breakaway Dek. Only 1 puck league on Wednesday nights but its about the same distance to Warwick just a further drive off the high way.

There's a Yahoo group for a Ball Hockey Pickup on an outdoor rink over Allston as Badger mentioned. Also there is the EMRH based out of Hockeytown which is Ball Hockey, but personally I think Hockeytown is a dump.

Just an FYI on the Newton rink...its a small rink, I mean can barely play 3 on 3 small (and its kind of in the middle of now where).

Newton used to have a great rink before they turfed if over for soccer, sadly those days are long gone.

Just an FYI on the Newton rink...its a small rink, I mean can barely play 3 on 3 small (and its kind of in the middle of now where).

totally agree about the rink size..... it is tiny.

But the rink is not in the middle of nowhere

it is only 2 miles off of 95 South....

totally agree about the rink size..... it is tiny.

But the rink is not in the middle of nowhere

it is only 2 miles off of 95 South....

Fair enough if you're coming from 95, but its tucked away that it can be difficult to find.

I'm also coming from Cambridge so theres no real straight shot to it.