Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zjack38

World Ball Hockey Championship Canada V.S. Czech Republic Fight

Though I rather be dead than play ball hockey if it's something that get people into hockey I can't knock it. Locally it's usually 30 year olds and up that cant/don't want to learn to skate at their age.

I heard the dude was talking sh*t to him the whole game and when the whole Czech team came on the ice the guy said something again and he just lost it.

I've played ice for 15 years and can tell you ball hockey is much harder and the injuries hurt more. It's a hell of a lot easier to glide on skates than to move your feet non stop and a month since my last game my ankle is still messed up trying to split the D.

I heard the dude was talking sh*t to him the whole game and when the whole Czech team came on the ice the guy said something again and he just lost it.

Apparently the guy did some scoreboard pointing which set it all off.

On the court, when the Czech team came out on the court lol

I've played ice for 15 years and can tell you ball hockey is much harder and the injuries hurt more. It's a hell of a lot easier to glide on skates than to move your feet non stop and a month since my last game my ankle is still messed up trying to split the D.

Ball hockey is not harder than ice hockey. The amount of effort that one needs to provide, relative to space travelled, is higher in ball hockey, than on the ice. This does not make things easier. It just creates more effort being expended to do the things that are more fluid and graceful on ice. Playing on ice is much "harder," (requiring more physical skill & mental adeptness) because one needs to know how to skate, and process things moving much more quickly. Any bender can pick up a stick and chase a ball around a sport court; thus, ball hockey is not hard. Even the worst player in an ice hockey game, assuming he is passable and at least keeping up with the flow and action of the game, is light years beyond the average person spectating who is yet to pick up skates and picked up a stick.

you're exactly right, cosmic. in addition to that, most rec ice hockey players don't stop-and-start nearly as much as they should. they over skate the puck and they circle on cycles and turnovers instead of braking and accelerating, which is all you can do in ball hockey. there is no residual movement in ball hockey.