Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
thugnation00

Mission Inhaler Helmet

Mine arrived yesterday. Love the fit and look. Very well thought out and well made. Adjustment system is simple yet effective.

Game tomorrow at 2pm. I'll follow up with a review afterward.

Used the Inhaler for 1st time today.

Great helmet! Very, very cool as advertised. Comfortable with a great fit. The SweatHog band in front is awesome. Not a drop of sweat in my face or on my shield.

Highly recommended.

Does anyone with a large head have this yet? I like the idea of better ventilation but I have a big ass head and even having problems finding a replacement for my 4k.

Edited by stevelknievel

Update on mine as well. Paired it with a Johnny Toews pro straight visor. Still love it. My head stays extremely cool. Thumbs up from me!

Edited by kovalchuk71

I put a Re-AKT cage on my Inhaler helmet, and actually like the fit better than my Re-AKT helmet/ cage combo. The VN foam just seems to give me a better lock on my head.

I got my hands on one, and I'm surprised to be kind of unenthusiastic about the fit.

I'm replacing two Intakes - one the "standard" model and one the "Fusion" and I was expecting the fit to be similar.

However, I find that having the single hinge/clamp adjustment point as opposed to the two screw-held points on the older helmet is making it much harder for me to get a comfortable fit.

The issue I'm having is in the side-to-side (temple-to-temple) fit. The Intake I could get to hug my head just so - not too tight, but snug enough so it didn't feel like it was at risk of popping off.

So far with the Inhaler, I can get it where I want it, but then when I flip the clamp down, the pieces slip out just enough to make it feel like there's a little gap just ahead of my ear on each side. Front to back fit is fine, but the overall feel is very different. I feel like it's a little too loose and also like the foams on the top aren't hugging my head well, more like they are tangential to my head as opposed to wrapping its countours. Just surprising, considering Mission's promotional copy claims this to be the successor to the Intake.

Maybe I just need to play around more and then just leave the clamp be, but one would expect the "easier" fit adjustment to actually, you know, make it easier.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. But I have found that I can adjust the side to side fit to some extent but just haven't been able to get it to stay right where I want it.

It's sort of a shame that this advancement in technology results in a less customizable fit.

Edited by McDugan

Figured I'd update to say that I did finally figure out the fit adjustment a bit better. I didn't realize at first that there were different notches that the clip latches onto. So probably I was getting to a point between two notches and it was then slipping back into the same, not quite snug enough notch. By taking the helmet off and adjusting it while looking at the mechanism, I got it a bit tighter and while it's not perfect, I expect once it gets a little more use and the foams and sweat pad break in, it'll fit quite nicely.

I do still lament the fact that the fit is less customizable than on the models this helmet descends from. I'd rather have to use a screwdriver and be able to make more minute adjustments than be forced to accept a fit that's "close enough" but I guess this is the way of progress.

How does this helmet fit compared to a CCM v08. I have one in medium that fits pretty well and looking to switch it up. For reference, a medium 4500 pinches at about the temples

I find it to fit deeper than the V08. I'd compare the fit to that of the Bauer 5100. My head sits in the helmet rather than the helmet siting on my head(if that makes any sense).

• Like 2

has anyone had issues with this helmet breaking. i had mine maybe a month and a half and i was in the boards and got shoved from behind and my helmet hit the glass and broke the internal brackets. i would think this shouldnt happen it wasn't a hard hit just enough to throw my head forward.

I find it to fit deeper than the V08. I'd compare the fit to that of the Bauer 5100. My head sits in the helmet rather than the helmet siting on my head(if that makes any sense).

I do know what your saying but my V08 seems to have decent depth. I figured I would order one in medium and if it doesn't fit I can always return it. Do you think I would have any problems going from a V08 to inhaler.

I have worn the V08 before and found it different from the Inhaler obviously but I didn't have an issue going from one to the other. The Inhaler is a deeper fit than the V08 for sure.

Sorry to bump such an old thread but just picked up two inhalers for myself and my brother. Fit very well in the store, however, when we got them home, we noticed that one of the white plastic pieces around the buttons that the cage clips onto were cracked on each helmet. In all of the pictures/videos, it looks like those white plastic pieces are supposed to be there but we find it weird that both helmets have them cracked. Anyone have any insight? Can still take them back to MonkeySports if this isn't correct.