Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

There is a special make-up skate that Bauer sells -- MX3 'Pro Spec' -- which is available at retail locations (haven't seen any myself, though, so I'm not sure where they'd be) that has the features you listed. It would not have the writing on the interior of the skate, however, and it would have a size tag. Stick Fix Texas is selling them, they're on eBay now. They list them as pro-stock, which is not true, as they're made in China, not Canada, and are not produced by the custom team.

eBay disputes are a pain, sorry man.

Thanks. He is from Mass, so I'm willing to bet he bought them at Pure Hockey, who sells pro returns. I even called him out on that and his answer was he never said they were the retail model, just that he bought them in a retail store. That points to Pure Hockey also. They also sell what they label as the "Supreme HPPro" that doesn't have the Curve boot and is still sold with retail markings. The bottom line is the guy knows he bought custom or pro return skates (that he didn't necessarily custom order himself) and lied or didn't know when I asked about other mods. And now he's being a scumbag. It should work out in my favor since the listed said to see the manufacturer's website for specs but these skates don't meet those specs and he didn't disclose that when I asked. But you never know with eBay. They could say that these are the skates in the listing and it's my fault for not knowing. Such a pain. I even offered to pay for return shipping so he wouldn't have to if he loses the dispute. His answer was that I'm trying to scam him. Scumbag.

Look like 9035's without the retail trim/graphics. There are a bunch of Graf pro stock skates on eBay, several different models, with similar aesthetics.

Curious... not sure what these are or their provenance. I've never seen generic sticks offered that have the ribs, nor have the Made In Canada claim to them...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hockey/city-of-toronto/ribcor-pro-model-hockey-sticks-choose-flex-and-blade-pattern/1076346316?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Heads up CCM Hockey.

Well, "SS" claims you can "Really feel the quality of it." That should be good enough for anyone, right? :)

God I hate this guy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VH-Footwear-MX3-Pro-Stock-Hockey-Skates-Senior-Size-10-D-4003-/161726971337?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

1) The VH MX3? Come on.

2) VH wasn't bought out by Easton to create the Mako.

It's annoying but probably an effective strategy to get more views. Think about how many people are going to search for MX3 versus VH.

Now, come frickin' on.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/grizzlys2k/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I get that people are trying to make a buck here and there, and I've seen many such instances of this before, but this is really getting tedious. $150-250 for pant shells? Scumbags who snap these up en masse and then flip them for double, triple, or even four times the price they bought them for are the bane of my existence.

Now, come frickin' on.

I get that people are trying to make a buck here and there, and I've seen many such instances of this before, but this is really getting tedious. $150-250 for pant shells? Scumbags who snap these up en masse and then flip them for double, triple, or even four times the price they bought them for are the bane of my existence.

Why are you so bothered? If he can sell them for that much, then everything is as it should be. Supply and demand.

Why are you so bothered? If he can sell them for that much, then everything is as it should be. Supply and demand.

I complain because those same shells usually never go for more than $60 at a team sale, so the people who actually want them either have to be quick and lucky or pay double or triple the price to put cash in the pockets of scalpers.

If you purchased something (say, you have no express emotional attachment to) for $1 with intention to sell, wouldn't you rather sell to some eager chap for $10 or someone offering you $5?

People are willing to buy from him for that price, more power to him. I don't mean this to be condescending, but I think you feel this way because you got priced out, which is fine, because who wouldn't rather pay $5 over $10? I know I would. But that doesn't separate the fact that he has buyers willing to pay that higher amount, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edit: Actually, it would be another matter if he priced those shells that way in which nobody would pay that high a price, to the extent that he's made any price negotiation impossible. In that case, he would qualify as an eBay 'idiot', and mockery would be justified! :laugh:

Oh. Somehow I missed that he did allow for making offers.

For the record, I wasn't interested in anything he was selling - though rest assured, I'll be outside his door wielding a torch and pitchfork demanding a reasonable price if he puts up a Flames shell in a size large - but I keep a close eye on pro stock stuff that shows up on eBay, and seeing stuff repeatedly priced at such huge markups tends to get a little bit tiresome. But yes, the choice is that of the consumer's, I suppose.

In any case, complaint withdrawn. Hear hear.

(*bangs gavel*)

For the record, I wasn't interested in anything he was selling - though rest assured, I'll be outside his door wielding a torch and pitchfork demanding a reasonable price if he puts up a Flames shell in a size large - but I keep a close eye on pro stock stuff that shows up on eBay, and seeing stuff repeatedly priced at such huge markups tends to get a little bit tiresome. But yes, the choice is that of the consumer's, I suppose.

(*bangs gavel*)

Agreed 100%

Now, come frickin' on.

Well... I bought one. I made an offer that was accepted. Was it allot, yes. But the shell I bought NEVER appears on eBay so I was willing to pay for it.

(*bangs gavel*)

About Grizz, he's a well-known guy on the S2K forum. He acquired some Bauer shells, Bauer gloves, and some Bauer pants in a rare Bauer massive hall (he even extended out a request list for those who wanted some Bauer gear). He mainly put up those prices in hopes that people would make him reasonable offers (he got a lot of crap from other S2K members as well for not offering a "Best Offer" price, so he plans on fixing his auctions later tonight). But, I digress, if you're interested in anything he has for sale, feel free to make him an offer via an Ebay message.

Make an offer. The BIN price is just a number

Will be changing most to an OBO format later tonight.

Should have gloves ready to go Wednesday or Thursday this week.

About Grizz, he's a well-known guy on the S2K forum. He acquired some Bauer shells, Bauer gloves, and some Bauer pants in a rare Bauer massive hall (he even extended out a request list for those who wanted some Bauer gear). He mainly put up those prices in hopes that people would make him reasonable offers (he got a lot of crap from other S2K members as well for not offering a "Best Offer" price, so he plans on fixing his auctions later tonight). But, I digress, if you're interested in anything he has for sale, feel free to make him an offer via an Ebay message.

I offered him what I thought was fair and he accepted it. I have no complaints.